Flashing the SD 1290

Still the most important introductory info..
KiT
500cc
500cc
City: Denver
Year: 2016
Colour: Black

Re: Flashing the SD 1290

Post by KiT » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:51 pm

That says alot, thank you for saying something. Who's going to be the guini pig ?

Stevieramone
125cc
125cc
City: Edinburgh
Year: 2014

Post by Stevieramone » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:00 pm

Has anyone out there ordered one of these OFT's yet. I've messaged the guy but not had clear answers yet. He says the unit has pre-loaded maps that can be swapped but surely this would need dyno time. Most dyno operators near me use PCV software to make changes. Would I have to turn up at dyno, do a base run, then go home and edit map on PC, then back for another dyno run.

Loads of questions but not many answers. Hoping that someone can help

TexasSuperDuke
125cc
125cc
City: Dallas
Year: 2017
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by TexasSuperDuke » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:29 am

I ordered one after I spoke to Shiv. I trust the product because I've used one for my 2015 Ducati Diavel. It made a big difference. Since I only put in a K&N air filter and a new exhaust on my 1290, I don't expect a huge change. I did it just to get the air to fuel ratio right and add a little power to it. My dealer wouldn't install the Akro map because he called KTM and they said I didn't modify the bike enough to warrant the flash.

TexasSuperDuke
125cc
125cc

Post by TexasSuperDuke » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:37 am

Stevieramone wrote:Has anyone out there ordered one of these OFT's yet. I've messaged the guy but not had clear answers yet. He says the unit has pre-loaded maps that can be swapped but surely this would need dyno time. Most dyno operators near me use PCV software to make changes. Would I have to turn up at dyno, do a base run, then go home and edit map on PC, then back for another dyno run.

Loads of questions but not many answers. Hoping that someone can help
The way this one works is you download the ecu to the OFT unit. Export the file and send it to Shiv. He then generates maps for your bike based on the mods. He sends the file back to you and you upload it to the OFT. Then you can flash the ECU with the maps he provided. They are dyno tested by him. It's similar to loading the Akro map. I told him what I had done to the bike and he said he has a map for that config. Also, the OFT is fully editable like a TuneBoy, so if you have an operator that is adventurous, they can input numbers like crazy.

Stevieramone
125cc
125cc

Post by Stevieramone » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:00 pm

The way this one works is you download the ecu to the OFT unit. Export the file and send it to Shiv. He then generates maps for your bike based on the mods. He sends the file back to you and you upload it to the OFT. Then you can flash the ECU with the maps he provided. They are dyno tested by him. It's similar to loading the Akro map. I told him what I had done to the bike and he said he has a map for that config. Also, the OFT is fully editable like a TuneBoy, so if you have an operator that is adventurous, they can input numbers like crazy.[/quote]

Hi. Yes, I understand that but the point I'm worried about is that no 2 bikes will have the same fuelling requirements, even if they both have the same mods. How do we fine tune? With a PCV I would go to a dyno operator, as nearly all are familiar with DynoJet products. How can Shiv know how my bike is performing at full revs through the gears, or on part throttle etc without seeing it on a dyno?

TexasSuperDuke
125cc
125cc

Post by TexasSuperDuke » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:27 pm

[/quote]Hi. Yes, I understand that but the point I'm worried about is that no 2 bikes will have the same fuelling requirements, even if they both have the same mods. How do we fine tune? With a PCV I would go to a dyno operator, as nearly all are familiar with DynoJet products. How can Shiv know how my bike is performing at full revs through the gears, or on part throttle etc without seeing it on a dyno?[/quote]

It's like the Akrapovic map, it's the same for all bikes with that same mod. It also comes with tuning software. You can edit the map just like on a PCV. Yes, the operator would have to figure it out. My dealer used it on my Diavel and said it made perfect sense.

I look at this as a nice compromise between nothing and the PCV route. One less device on the bike. I can change the map myself if I change the mods. Or I can put it back to stock. Plus, Shivs maps rocked on the Diavel! It runs so much better than with the map supplied by Termignoni for their own exhaust!

I have not been paid for this review lol

Stevieramone
125cc
125cc

Post by Stevieramone » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Has anyone else had experience with this item? I've sent a message to the manufacturer but still waiting on a reply. Has anyone tried the Rapid Bike Evo setup. Seems to be like a PCV with autotune, but again, I'm still waiting on the supplier getting back to me.

vernonbc
250cc
250cc
City: Vernon

Post by vernonbc » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:09 am

So, has anybody ordered this tablet yet for their 1290? If so, what are your thoughts as I am considering one. Other than mapping, what else are you able to do with it?

SUPERDUKEINOZ
250cc
250cc
City: NSW NORTH COAST
Year: 2015

Post by SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:12 am

I havent myself but a few people have & there is a few write ups on the Superduke facebook pages

He is putting together lots of different maps for different combinations of mods & upgrades

5150 Pops
Supporter
Supporter
City: NORTH CHESTERFIELD

Post by 5150 Pops » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:10 am

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:I havent myself but a few people have & there is a few write ups on the Superduke facebook pages

He is putting together lots of different maps for different combinations of mods & upgrades
Could you give me a clue which specific page?
Seems there are quite few, but I haven't seen any posts about OFT, on any of them yet.
thanks

SUPERDUKEINOZ
250cc
250cc
City: NSW NORTH COAST

Post by SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:37 am

CLUB KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R & Shiv is also on Superduke Carnage

Gotta try different search words etc depending what words the person actually used in their post, thats why forums are better for keeping useful information that can actually be found, just gets lost in with all the other crap in Facebook

dukebadboy
500cc
500cc
City: London
Year: 2012

Post by dukebadboy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:59 am

I had been using OFT on Diavel 2013 prior moving to SuperDuke. It was great, it defo enhanced the bike's performance as it was crippled by Euro4 regulations.

Never tried it on KTM though.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

5150 Pops
Supporter
Supporter
City: NORTH CHESTERFIELD

Post by 5150 Pops » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:56 pm

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:CLUB KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R & Shiv is also on Superduke Carnage

Gotta try different search words etc depending what words the person actually used in their post, thats why forums are better for keeping useful information that can actually be found, just gets lost in with all the other crap in Facebook
Thanks

crazyinp
675cc
675cc
City: San Jose

Post by crazyinp » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:54 am

Let me start by that I am not affiliated with Vishnu, but if any of you ever doubt Shiv tuning ability, please do a search about his tuning. He is very well know in Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution world and has tuned tons of cars. He has been feature in car and drivers and other magazines. Back in the days 2x of the EVOs he tuned won the SCCA ESP and BSP Class. Just do your research
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

Spiff
Supporter
Supporter
City: Las Vegas

Post by Spiff » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 am

KiT wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:07 pm
They do seem to do good work on cars so I'm open to it but I'll be waiting for more info.

It annoys me to no end that these manufacturers are building bikes with all this power and then restricting them. Why not just make a lighter bike with less cc's and not restrict them? Make no F***** sense to me.
Just reading through old posts, and came across this. You questioned why restrict big cc bikes. I was thinking about this recently. I think it is easier to build a big engine and under stress it to pass emissions. Atleast it gives us something to tune.

mr_et
50cc
50cc

Post by mr_et » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:54 am

I received the OpenFlashTablet unit this week. Initially connected to my bike and had it read the ecu. It did not auto-generate tunes, so I saved what it read to my PC and emailed the info to the OpenFlashPerformance site. I hope they will have some pre-configured tunes ready to go.

EDIT: Looks like it's the newer Version 2 with the larger screen.

mr_et