Do you know DOMINATOR exhaust

Power, noise, mapping, price, and the ever popular : "More power or just noise?"
MichaelheK
125cc
125cc
City: Charlotte Amalie
Year: 2010
Colour: Silver
Model: RC8-R

Do you know DOMINATOR exhaust

Post by MichaelheK » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 am

I might be interested in your for exhaust if you sell it.as long as it's a lambda sensor model.I think 08 were.let me know.thanks.
Sport nutrition here: https://www.sportzfuel.com/

jhalfhide
675cc
675cc
City: East Sussex
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: Do you know DOMINATOR exhaust

Post by jhalfhide » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:50 am

The sensor is in the headers so these exhausts would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now: 2013 KTM 990 SMT
Old: 2010 Ducati Faultistrada 1200s (Broke)
Old: 2007 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
Old: 2009 KTM 990 SMR (Stolen)
Old: 2008 Ducati 848 (Written off... whilst parked :roll: )
Old: 2007 ZX6R (Written off... elderly driver)
Old: 1996 ZX6R (Sold)

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Model: SMT

Post by Magic Wand » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:56 pm

MichaelheK wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 am
I might be interested in your for exhaust if you sell it.as long as it's a lambda sensor model.I think 08 were.let me know.thanks.
Are you talking to me?
I have already sold the Dominator HP1 silencers last year, to a guy in Ukraine :-)

/M
-

CatDaddysBBQ
125cc
125cc
City: Warrenville, IL

Post by CatDaddysBBQ » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Resurrecting this old thread.

I bought a set of the round dominator pipes. I know everybody's suggestion is to just buy Wings or something, but honestly I don't care enough to spend a grand or more, and for 300 bucks I am willing to give these a try.

I haven't gotten them fitted yet (more on that in a moment), but overall i have ups and downs about them just unboxing and minor fiddling.

The quality at first glance seems fairly decent. I'm not thrilled with the chrome-y finish on the round ones since the SMT has zero chrome anywhere to speak of, but I am keeping the stock heat shields on so it's really not a big deal. The HP1 was too much more money (i'd just bump up to a LeoVince or something if I were spending that much). So not that bad at first.

Then I saw the under-seam of the cans. There's some discoloration - not sure if it's some welding marks or what - but it runs the length of the underside of the silencer and is faint but noticeable once you see it. Not thrilled, but again, it's not something I'm going to be looking at often so ok, whatever.

The included hardware is a joke. The hanger strap doesn't attach like the factory one, so you have to figure out mounting methods on your own. And My 3-bolt flange was also tapped incorrectly, and the hardware wouldn't screw in straight on mine either.

SO that's the reason I haven't had them on yet - I DO keep a couple of boxes of random fasteners but I didn't have enough matching stuff to do a decent job on these cans last night. I made a trip to the hardware store on my way into work and will finish them either tonight or this weekend.

I WILL say that the fitment of the hanger strap is MUCH closer to working out of the gate on the round system than the photos of this HP system that started the thread. The factory strap holder meets up at either side of a rubber washer enclosed mount - about 1" apart. The dominator one won't fit like that - it has to have the strap tabs meet at the top and mount to the outside of the existing rubber mounted area. That's what I needed new hardware for. I held it in place and it will sit perfectly that way - no need for a random 6" bolt hee,so maybe the round is a bit more 'plug and play' with the SMT than the HP style (though the HP is really great looking).

My patience for lesser quality has a price of course. In the 700 dollars between these and a set of WINGS exhaust, my frustration has closed the gap by about 150 bucks so far, and I haven't even gotten them bolted in yet. I'm sure there's a bit more frustration to be had before it's done, but I doubt it'll add up to enough where I regret not buying something different.

We'll see I guess.

limeyduffa
900cc
900cc
City: Adelaide
Year: 2012
Colour: Black

Post by limeyduffa » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:08 am

Sounds like my Quill exhausts. Heaps of quality control issues. I ended up using the EOM brackets and using rubber and silicone as spacers. Do a search for Quill exhausts if you're interested in seeing my solution.

CatDaddysBBQ
125cc
125cc
City: Warrenville, IL

Post by CatDaddysBBQ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Update. Finished install once I sourced some better hardware - mainly 6 new flange bolts and 2 new 2" bolts and washers to attach the hanger straps.

Install was simple once I had hardware that would work. Fitment is good - they are a tad shorter than OEM cans so they sort of tuck under the heat shields even more. I left the heat shields because I genuinely like the way they look - so really the dominator exhaust is only visible from the rear and even then pretty hidden.

They sound pretty great. I keep hearing horror stories about how they're so loud, etc. Mine came with the DB Killers in, and I have kept them in. They are quite throaty and have a great snarl to them but aren't at all what i'd call loud as far as aftermarket exhausts go. Some bikes are nearly this loud from the factory. Once moving around 50mph (80kph) they are nearly oem quiet at a steady throttle and when under load they start growling again. Pretty much what you'd want in an aftermarket setup - quiet while cruising and braaaaaaapy when having fun.

Long story short, i'm happy with them. Im' sure that the more expensive options are better but for the meager cost of these I am more than content saving my money. Not sure how they'll age, but I probably won't have the bike more than another year or two - they should be fine for the time being.