Cicsy
250cc
250cc
City: Glasgow
Year: 2010

Picos /pyrenees looking for suggestions

Post by Cicsy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi, as the title suggests.

We've booked for Santander in May of next year and intend to take in the Picos and the Pyrenees. There for a week, we intend to stay local to Santander the first night because of the ferry arrival time.

The plan is then to head east towards the pyrenees and ultimately make our way back west finishing with a day in the picos. Anybody got any suggestions regarding good routes to take and stop off points en route etc. Any and all good advice welcomed.

Muppet
City: Bath
Year: 2011
Colour: White

Re: Picos /pyrenees looking for suggestions

Post by Muppet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:31 pm

Routes and roads around the Picos are fantastic. Pretty much any direction you care to take will be amazing. The Pyrenees, you want to take the N240/260 East of Pamplona, and just stay on it for as long as you can. It is for the most part, an stunning road.

However, if you;re staying in the Picos for a few nights, I very strongly recommend this Hotel:

http://www.hoteldeloso.com/

Absolutely fabulous, wonderful food (the local dishes are the best, and bloody huge too), very friendly helpful staff, and they're very used to bikes (I've taken groups of 20 bikes there numerous times). Not cheap, but definitely worth at least one night there. Oh, and the road up to it form the main road is a belter. :mrgreen:
It's also only 2 hours from the ferry, so if you're on the one that gets in at around 5:00pm,it makes for perfect timing, as they don;t serve dinner until 8:30pm.

Enjoy.
This is what I do with mine....

http://www.bikersoracletours.com

Cicsy
250cc
250cc
City: Glasgow
Year: 2010

Post by Cicsy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Thank you very much sir for taking the time to do that. All very informative, I'd all but given up on advice the forum seems dead of late.

Brendan7
50cc
50cc
City: New York
Year: 2012
Model: SMT

Post by Brendan7 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:34 am

Muppet wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:31 pm
Routes and roads around the Picos are fantastic. Pretty much any direction you care to take will be amazing. The Pyrenees, you want to take the N240/260 East of Pamplona, and just stay on it for as long as you can. It is for the most part, an stunning road.

However, if you;re staying in the Picos for a few nights, I very strongly recommend this Hotel:
http://www.hoteldeloso.com/
Enjoy.

Thanks for the link. Be sure to use your recommendation.