990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Here be mechanigeeks. Anything technical that is not a teething problem.
ztevansmt
50cc
50cc
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 am
Country: Nederland
City: Almere
Year: 2010
Colour: White
Model: SMT

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by ztevansmt » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:08 am

Yes you should and can save your current map.

I just loaded the 2011 Akra map on my 2010 SMT.

My setup is:
16t front
02 eliminators
epc off (wire mod)
Going to do SAS removal soon!
BMC filter
Arrow alluminium pipes without baffles (sometimes put the baffles in).
based in Netherlands (europe ;) )

I would like to try a good map for my setup, and want to try a map with opened 2nd butterflies before i remove them.

Map #9 looks good. But i dont understand how i should modify the map to use for european fuel.
also that map is with removed 2nd butterflies and i want them 100% open before i have to remove them.

How can i adjust this? Or is there someone who can adjust and upload the map for me?

User avatar
roblund6
250cc
250cc
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm
Country: England
City: Worcester
Year: 2010
Model: SMT
Location: Worcester

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by roblund6 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm

I'm at the point now where my beauty is ready, but too scared to run her until she's remapped, but not happy with modifying a map with her running at tick-over, really needs to be on a rolling road.
Secondary butterflies completely removed, including encoder, wiring etc.
SAS completely removed.
Rottweiller air unit fitted.
Akrapovic Titanium manifolds and silencers fitted. (Baffles in, tried without, no extra power, just annoyed everyone)
Shorai Lithium battery.
Carbon fibre, and Titanium bolts everywhere.
LED back light/brake light.
Can I find anywhere in the UK that uses Tune ECU on a rolling road? No.
Haven't ridden my beauty for two years, only 4,800 miles on her since new, - what a waste :(

MastrUsr
125cc
125cc
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:25 am
Country: Sweden
City: Halmstad
Year: 2017

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by MastrUsr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 am

Pakki wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 am
Hi all and greetings from Finland!

I'm new SMT owner and also new in here.

Bike is standard 09 SMT with standard map, only change is Leo Vince cans with link pipe. It feels a little bit lean right now and I'm thinking to load new map. Which one you recommend: #4 Akra map or #15 Kev's performance map?

Thanks for answers!
I would try #15 first. If not to your liking, try #4. :)

Wrath
250cc
250cc
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 pm
Country: Sweden
City: Umea
Year: 2011
Colour: White
Model: SMT

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by Wrath » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:28 am

roblund6 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm
I'm at the point now where my beauty is ready, but too scared to run her until she's remapped, but not happy with modifying a map with her running at tick-over, really needs to be on a rolling road.
Secondary butterflies completely removed, including encoder, wiring etc.
SAS completely removed.
Rottweiller air unit fitted.
Akrapovic Titanium manifolds and silencers fitted. (Baffles in, tried without, no extra power, just annoyed everyone)
Shorai Lithium battery.
Carbon fibre, and Titanium bolts everywhere.
LED back light/brake light.
Can I find anywhere in the UK that uses Tune ECU on a rolling road? No.
Haven't ridden my beauty for two years, only 4,800 miles on her since new, - what a waste :(

There is allt of people that lives in the uk and runs these Maps without any problems, choose one for you mods and be happy or buy a Power commander and leave it at a tuner.

User avatar
roblund6
250cc
250cc
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm
Country: England
City: Worcester
Year: 2010
Model: SMT
Location: Worcester

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by roblund6 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:44 am

Wrath, I really appreciate your reply. I'm sure I've read somewhere that map #20 'fits-the-bill', but I don't think it's set for the Akra Titanium manifolds.
I cannot 'for-love-nor-money' find the link to these maps. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
All the best, Robin.

User avatar
kevxtx
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4750
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:40 am
Country: Australia
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by kevxtx » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:13 am

roblund6 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:44 am
Wrath, I really appreciate your reply. I'm sure I've read somewhere that map #20 'fits-the-bill', but I don't think it's set for the Akra Titanium manifolds.
I cannot 'for-love-nor-money' find the link to these maps. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
All the best, Robin.
Here you go Robin http://www.ktmsmt.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3770

User avatar
roblund6
250cc
250cc
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm
Country: England
City: Worcester
Year: 2010
Model: SMT
Location: Worcester

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by roblund6 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 am

kevxtx thank you very much, I'll have a closer look when I finish work.

Thanks again, Robin.

User avatar
roblund6
250cc
250cc
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm
Country: England
City: Worcester
Year: 2010
Model: SMT
Location: Worcester

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by roblund6 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:15 am

kevxtx, had a look, #11 appears to be pretty much what my bike has apart from I've left the baffles in. (Didn't feel any extra power with them out, just annoyed everyone! So put them back in).

I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again, Robin.

scb27
50cc
50cc
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:33 am
Country: Singapore
City: Singapore
Year: 2011
Model: SMT

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by scb27 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:46 am

A big thank you to Big Red and Kev for sharing this, I recently put this on my 990 SMR in Singapore and its almost perfect!

Could I ask @Big Red, do you happen to know your TPS voltage? I think it might need a few% removed here or there to adapt it to Singapore's 32 Degrees, 75% humidity, 5m above sea level and 1005hpa that's pretty consistent all year round.

There's a little bit of popping on the overrun and has the dipping idle with my TPS at 0.65v once warm and idling but it doesn't stall, it's just a little disconcerting. Will check the usual suspects like clutch switch and BGC but have a feeling it's a case of tweaking the 0% TPS column as the rest is nearly perfect with the following setup:

Rottweiler Air Filter
RC8 Front Velocity Stack
SAS removed/blanked
EPC off
2nd Butterflies removed but shafts in place and turned off in tune ECU
98 Octane fuel (not sure if Singapore's fule is similar to ANZ or not)

Would go for a dynotune but everyone here only works on PC5s and arent' interested in Tune ECU - it's so close now with Big Red's map I can't justify the expenditure haha


bigred wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:15 am
Finally got my 13 SMT dyno tuned a few weeks ago. All I can think since picking it up is, "Why did I wait so long?"

On paper it was only a 4HP increase but the bike rides completely differently. Smoother throttle and more grunt. Previously there were sweet spots (about 6K in third in particular) where the bike pulled much better - now the whole rev range in all gears feels like that!

I'm running Leos with no baffle, ITG foam filter on George's plate, secondary flies removed, EPC off and SAS removed. Was running Map#18 (Jeff's) which I was pretty happy with, but so much happier now.

For those in Melbourne I strongly recommend Race Tuning in Albert St Brunswick, service was excellent and at $450 the price was right. I will try and get my dyno map to Kev so he can add it to the downloads.

bigred
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:01 am
Country: Australia
City: Melbourne
Year: 2013
Model: SMT

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by bigred » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 am

scb27 wrote:A big thank you to Big Red and Kev for sharing this, I recently put this on my 990 SMR in Singapore and its almost perfect!

Could I ask @Big Red, do you happen to know your TPS voltage? I think it might need a few% removed here or there to adapt it to Singapore's 32 Degrees, 75% humidity, 5m above sea level and 1005hpa that's pretty consistent all year round.

There's a little bit of popping on the overrun and has the dipping idle with my TPS at 0.65v once warm and idling but it doesn't stall, it's just a little disconcerting. Will check the usual suspects like clutch switch and BGC but have a feeling it's a case of tweaking the 0% TPS column as the rest is nearly perfect with the following setup:

Rottweiler Air Filter
RC8 Front Velocity Stack
SAS removed/blanked
EPC off
2nd Butterflies removed but shafts in place and turned off in tune ECU
98 Octane fuel (not sure if Singapore's fule is similar to ANZ or not)

Would go for a dynotune but everyone here only works on PC5s and arent' interested in Tune ECU - it's so close now with Big Red's map I can't justify the expenditure haha


bigred wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:15 am
Finally got my 13 SMT dyno tuned a few weeks ago. All I can think since picking it up is, "Why did I wait so long?"

On paper it was only a 4HP increase but the bike rides completely differently. Smoother throttle and more grunt. Previously there were sweet spots (about 6K in third in particular) where the bike pulled much better - now the whole rev range in all gears feels like that!

I'm running Leos with no baffle, ITG foam filter on George's plate, secondary flies removed, EPC off and SAS removed. Was running Map#18 (Jeff's) which I was pretty happy with, but so much happier now.

For those in Melbourne I strongly recommend Race Tuning in Albert St Brunswick, service was excellent and at $450 the price was right. I will try and get my dyno map to Kev so he can add it to the downloads.
I am glad the map is working for you. Idk the TPS voltage, I will try and hook up Tune ECU on the weekend and check.
In terms of getting a custom tube done, the mob that did mine had never seen Tune ECU before, I took the program, and Jeffs #18 that I was running, to them on a USB and they worked it out. Perhaps you could do the same?

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - HST

User avatar
motoyoyo
125cc
125cc
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:53 am
Country: USA
City: Malibu
Year: 2018

Re: 990 Power Commander 5 & Tune ECU custom maps

Post by motoyoyo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:06 pm

bigred wrote: ↑Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 am
Finally got my 13 SMT dyno tuned a few weeks ago. All I can think since picking it up is, "Why did I wait so long?"

On paper it was only a 4HP increase but the bike rides completely differently. Smoother throttle and more grunt. Previously there were sweet spots (about 6K in third in particular) where the bike pulled much better - now the whole rev range in all gears feels like that!

I'm running Leos with no baffle, ITG foam filter on George's plate, secondary flies removed, EPC off and SAS removed. Was running Map#18 (Jeff's) which I was pretty happy with, but so much happier now.

For those in Melbourne I strongly recommend Race Tuning in Albert St Brunswick, service was excellent and at $450 the price was right. I will try and get my dyno map to Kev so he can add it to the downloads.
bigred, is this map listed as map #22 on the main TuneEcu list? I also have a 2013 SMT and am currently running map #18, which has been the best I have tried so far, but still looking for something a bit smoother in the low and midrange. Will definitely give #22 a try if this is the map you are referring to. Thanks
2013 990SMT, 2010 990SMT, 2008 990SDR, 2007 S2R1000, 1999 BMW R1100S

Post Reply