Gone for a bit, back now.

Still the most important introductory info..
Fry
Supporter
Supporter
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Gone for a bit, back now.

Post by Fry » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello to all the long time members and newer members.

I've been off this forum for a while, spending most of my time on the 2 major SDR Facebook sites.

Figured I'd check in, say hello and browse the various threads.

Hope all is well....

Spiff
Supporter
Supporter
City: Las Vegas
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: Gone for a bit, back now.

Post by Spiff » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Hey Fry, nice pic. Question, have you messed with suspension beyond clickers? If I could get that figured out I'd be a happy camper. My buddy left his FZR1000 (used to be mine) at my house. After sitting on it I realize how much more it is over the front end. I've thought about buying super aggressive handle bars and leaving them in the back position in the clamps for commuting, with the option to move them forward when the weekend rolls around. I feel the first step though is to get it sprung for my weight. If I'm going to do that, why not valve it? Another rabbit hole I find myself gazing into.

Stpsd
125cc
125cc
City: Havelock
Year: 2018

Post by Stpsd » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Fry wrote:Hello to all the long time members and newer members.

I've been off this forum for a while, spending most of my time on the 2 major SDR Facebook sites.

Hope all is well....

Man i would love to hear that exhaust in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDS1290SDr
675cc
675cc
City: Edmonton
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Post by JDS1290SDr » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:55 am

Love the pipe & the BSTs.
Whats on the SDR FB website,besides Pics of SDRs?
PRESENT STABLE
2015 Black SDR
2010 450 SXF
2010 450 XC-W Six days
2010 Ducati Multistrada
2010 Victory Cross Country
PAST
Way to many to mention

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Spiff wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:33 pm
Hey Fry, nice pic. Question, have you messed with suspension beyond clickers? If I could get that figured out I'd be a happy camper. My buddy left his FZR1000 (used to be mine) at my house. After sitting on it I realize how much more it is over the front end. I've thought about buying super aggressive handle bars and leaving them in the back position in the clamps for commuting, with the option to move them forward when the weekend rolls around. I feel the first step though is to get it sprung for my weight. If I'm going to do that, why not valve it? Another rabbit hole I find myself gazing into.
Hey Spiff, I haven't done anything to the Suspension other than fiddling with the clickers and setting the Sag. My bike benefits from careful suspension settings as the stupid front tire is always off the ground causing all sorts of issues when trying to go fast. To further complicate things I change the settings when the GF is on the back and have forgot to set them back to solo settings, LOL talk about making me crazy. I'd eventually like to get a MUPO Shock and Cartridge Kit for the bike, but thats a fair bit of coin so for now I deal with it.

Drag bars I've heard will help plant the front end better, haven't tried them, YET.

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Stpsd wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:42 pm
Fry wrote:Hello to all the long time members and newer members.

Hope all is well....

Man i would love to hear that exhaust in person

It's fucking BRUTAL sounding. That pic was taken in Boston Ma. Afterwards we went ripping through the miles of underground tunnels, the sound was devastating, cars, trucks all quickly moved aside with just a whack of the throttle, if you've ever heard a Top Fuel Dragster whack the throttle you have a idea of what this things sounds like. I know am forced to wear ear plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:30 pm

JDS1290SDr wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:55 am
Love the pipe & the BSTs.
Whats on the SDR FB website,besides Pics of SDRs?
JDS, Superduke Carnage Facebook Page and Club KTM 1290 Superduke Facebook page has way more to offer than just pics. A ton of knowledgeable people posting all sorts of various info and stuff. Great place to see various upgrades, aftermarket parts and tuning ideas.