feedback on Rapid Bike?

Xterminator
50cc
50cc
City: Winter Park
Year: 2015

Re: feedback on Rapid Bike?

Post by Xterminator » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:06 am

mrossk wrote:Thanks X- You're in Winter Park, Co.? Not too many places at higher elevation than Santa Fe, but I believe you're @ 9000 feet or so. How's the bike run up there?
I wish I lived in Co. I'm in Winter Park, Fl., but I do go up riding in the mountains in N.C., Ga., & Tenn. 2 or 3 times a year. You don't get much above 6000 feet in those hills. Still great roads!

kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Post by kevxtx » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:53 am

Xterminator wrote:
mrossk wrote:I thought it's true that the Rapid Bike is able to access the "closed loop" area of the map, whereas the PCV is not? Is this correct?
According to their lititure, that is correct.
http://rapidbike.us/about
From what I am reading it controls the closed loop AFR through pre set targets, can anyone confirm that these closed loop AFR targets are adjustable within the software & what are the targeted closed loop AFR, I will be surprised if the closed loop AFR is full adjustable within the software. Still a good thing, I am a firm believer controlling the closed loop is better then eliminating it.

I designed my own closed loop controllers & have been building my version O2 controllers for the past 10 years that fully control the closed loop AFR in real time for many model motorcycles, including the 1290's.

The newer Euro 4 emission ECU's have to see a closed loop signal otherwise the engine light will come on, you can no longer eliminate O2 sensor on the newer ECU's so controlling the closed loop signal is the only way forward.

Dyno Jet also have an O2 optimizer which controls the closed loop AFR in real time with a preset 13.6:1 closed loo target, it is not adjustable within the software or hardware, I have done lots of testing with them over the years & they run between 13.6:1 & 14:1 (AFR Dyno measured) depending where the Map table AFR are set within the OEM ECU.

Xterminator
50cc
50cc
City: Winter Park
Year: 2015

Post by Xterminator » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:26 am

kevxtx wrote:
Xterminator wrote:
mrossk wrote:
From what I am reading it controls the closed loop AFR through pre set targets, can anyone confirm that these closed loop AFR targets are adjustable within the software & what are the targeted closed loop AFR, I will be surprised if the closed loop AFR is full adjustable within the software. Still a good thing, I am a firm believer controlling the closed loop is better then eliminating it.

I designed my own closed loop controllers & have been building my version O2 controllers for the past 10 years that fully control the closed loop AFR in real time for many model motorcycles, including the 1290's.
Maybe you can get that info from Rapid Bike. It would be interesting to find out.

Is your controller on the market? What's the name of it.

kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Post by kevxtx » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:02 am

My questions were targeted at the guys using the rapid bike system on the 1290, I don't work with Rapid bike & don't think I ever will as explained a few times I like to build my maps using Tune link Dyno tuning software which Rapid bike is not comparable, Dyno jet tool tuning are fully comparable for the tuning that I do.

I don't list the 1290 O2 controllers for the 2014 to 2016 model because the O2 eliminating dongles work fine for the 14 to 16 models running Euro 3 emissions, the 2017 SD will be a different kettle of fish the closed loop will need to be controlled not eliminated.

I make my O2 controller for many bikes, I sell some of them on EBay but most sales come from the forums: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/7416kevxtx/m ... 7675.l2562

AndyW
675cc
675cc
City: Weston-Super-Mare
Year: 2010
Colour: Black

Post by AndyW » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:05 am

Looking at the Rapid Bike Evo.....anyone any updates / feedback to add? Thnx
AndyW - Uk 990 SMT Owners
>>>>>>>>https://www.facebook.com/uk.ktm990smt.owners
Bit of a 'geek' when not on the bike!...
http://www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk