gordy
125cc
125cc
City: Wotton-under-edge
Year: 2013
Model: SMT

990 smt ECU remaped yesterday

Post by gordy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am

I've had this bike for a couple of years now and never got on with the snatchy throttle response and on/off surging at cruising speed, I found myself slipping the clutch to ride around it. It's not my first V twin, Aprilia RSV, and 3 different ducatis came before.
So I booked my bike into BSD performance for a full Dyno remap.
I wish I had done this when I got the bike, it is now very smooth at all throttle opening, and holds a constant speed with ease, it also feels stronger in the midrange where we spend most of our time.
If you own a 990 and you're looking for a solution you can't go wrong with a custom Dyno remap.

Very happy now,. Gordy.

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010

Re: 990 smt ECU remaped yesterday

Post by Magic Wand » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi 'gordy'!

Nice that you are satisfyed with the Dyno remap!

Could you please tell what have been done to the engine, such as SAS, airfilter change, Lambda and so on?
And also, it would be good to hear about the fuel consumption after the mapping.

/M
-

gordy
125cc
125cc
City: Wotton-under-edge
Year: 2013

Re: 990 smt ECU remaped yesterday

Post by gordy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:13 pm

The bike is standard, no engine mods, standard airbox and filter, standard exhausts, even the throttle tube is standard.
The emission controls were turned of in the ECU ( sas and lambda ), the bike was put on the Dyno the old map was removed from the ECU and a new map put in and fine tuned to suit the bike, got to admit, im loving the bike again.