speedyslippers
Supporter
Supporter
City: SF
Year: 2008
Model: SMT

New KTM Twins

Post by speedyslippers » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Well, this post has been a long time in the making.

Hey guys, my name is Eli, I’ve been a long time member of the riding community (though not as much digitally than in practice). After a ride down to Panama (http://www.letsgomoto.com) a few years ago (pre KTM days :o :shock: ), I knew it was time for me to align my passion for riding with my "day job."

Fast forward to about six months ago. Along with perhaps many of you, I had noticed my usual online parts provider, KTMTwins.com seemed to be on a seriously wild ride down hill. This was at first frustrating, and pretty disappointing, however it didn't take too long for a wild hair idea to strike.

SO. I did some digging and through some friends, got in touch with the old owner.

Long story short, I quit my day job and bought KTM Twins.

For the last 6 months, I’ve stayed silent, spending my days from 7a-11p doing my absolute best to make KTM Twins the absolute best place for any of us to find parts, get them quickly, and be treated like a friend.

I decided our business model would need to be simple and transparent:

#1: The Absolute Best Customer Service
#2: Stock the hardest to find products as well as a one-stop shop for the usual parts and accessories
#3: Fast shipping.

That’s it. Those are our values, our promise to the community, and my core focus in driving every decision we make moving forward.

For most of you, that’s probably all the info you care to read (or maybe I’ve over shared already) however I know for some, you’ll want more, and I’m all about full transparency…

Here’s what I’ve done in these past two months to straighten things out:

- All new staff. These guys are long time riders, who’s desire to treat our community properly matches mine.

- All new inventory and warehouse. It turns out you need inventory to run a great online KTM shop (said tongue in cheek). In just two months we’ve grown inventory by right around 10x what it was.

- New shipping standards. All of our packages (unless you’re ordering bulky body/protection parts) are upgraded to priority shipping (upgrade cost covered by us). Right now everything ships free with no minimum orders.

- New more comprehensive website. Our new site should be much more easy to navigate, and we’ve just re-launched our microfiche to support one-click shopping for OEM parts.

I hope you guys understand I’m here to help build back up a resource in our community. And I hope those of you who were burned by the old Twins will be willing to give us a shot.

I’m always reachable via email eli@ktmtwins.com, or my cell phone (415) 655-1966 so please don’t hesitate to reach out, I’m here to help.

Thoughts, questions, and feedback?? Let it rip!

linehand
125cc
125cc
City: northern CA
Year: 2010
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: New KTM Twins

Post by linehand » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Excellent news! I love my katoom but I've found access to parts to be a small step up from Harley or Ducati. As much as I love being completely abused by my local dealer I think I'll give this a shot, just in time for my 40k mi service.

speedyslippers
Supporter
Supporter

Post by speedyslippers » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Thanks Linehand! We all really appreciate the support! :)

RDKLL
Supporter
Supporter
City: Mesa
Year: 2017
Colour: Silver

Post by RDKLL » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:33 am

Eli,
I think this is great and VERY timely. I just bought my first new KTM, a 2017 Super Duke GT and being in customer service, I worked at one of the largest Mustang aftermarket online retailers. I know our customers appreciated great selection and great prices...I look forward to being a customer of yours

kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Post by kevxtx » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:20 am

I have made this a post a sticky so you guys can be easily found.

xaotikos
900cc
900cc
City: Athens
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by xaotikos » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 am

I wish you all the best. I have never bought anything from there cause I'm in Europe however there are some things I would considered buying if I new how much will cost to go through customs.

speedyslippers
Supporter
Supporter

Post by speedyslippers » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:39 pm

kevxtx wrote:I have made this a post a sticky so you guys can be easily found.
Kevxtx - you're the man!
RDKLL wrote:Eli,
I think this is great and VERY timely. I just bought my first new KTM, a 2017 Super Duke GT and being in customer service, I worked at one of the largest Mustang aftermarket online retailers. I know our customers appreciated great selection and great prices...I look forward to being a customer of yours
Thanks RDKLL - we'll be here for you when you're ready to get that 2017 all tricked out! Great bike BTW - wicked fast!

Eli

tmark1301cc
125cc
125cc
City: Glen Ellyn
Year: 2017
Colour: White
Model: Adventure

Post by tmark1301cc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 am

New 1290 Adventure owner here, I would be more than happy to browse your selection and possibly make some purchases. Link?

NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc
City: Sydney
Year: 2016

Post by NiteKreeper » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 am

Hey Eli, shipped anything to Australia yet? Your prices look pretty good, but I'm not sure if shipping would smash the deal (I don't expect your free shipping offer to cover down under mate, don't worry...).