pk1
675cc
675cc
City: perth
Year: 2012
Colour: Black

De cat pipe no re map now done

Post by pk1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 am

Has anybody done a de cat link pipe and removed the exhaust valve without doing a re map?
I’ve currently got the Akro slip on which doesn’t need a re map but would like to remove the exhaust valve and install a healtech dongle.
I’ve already removed the emissions canister below the seat and just tied filter gauze over the 2 pipes with no apparent ill effects to get more space below the seat .
If anybody has done this I would like to know results .
Cheers
Paul
Went into my local dealer to order a HealTech to remove the exhaust valve and he convinced me to remove the cat and put a straight through Remus pipe in as well!,
I said I had concerns as to it needing re mapped for this to which he replied no it doesn’t, we have being doing this to the gt for over 2yrs with great results and no issues.
So guess what I’ve done it and it’s loud with the baffle out but nice loud, it also feels like it’s had a power spike. dealer said it would release about 7bhp with no cat.
Could just be the extra noise but it does feel seat of the pants faster.
Last edited by pk1 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tmation
125cc
125cc
City: Liverpool
Year: 2017
Colour: Silver

Re: De cat pipe no re map now done

Post by Tmation » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:15 pm

I have the same Akra can with a Bodis decat pipe and Healtech servo dongle. I also had my ECU remapped by Hilltop, which makes a night and day improvement.

Before the remap the bike felt great and as you say feels faster.....But

When Hilltop put the bike on the dyno it was running dangerously weak, as a minimum I would fit the O2 eliminator dongles to richen the mixture at the bottom end.

If you want to see some results of before and after the Hilltop work look at this post.

[url]https://www.ktmforum.co.uk/superduke/13 ... s.html/url]

Although it is an SDR fitted with a full system for both before and after runs just look at the improvement at the bottom end, where you use in most. My GT made just shy of 160 rear wheel HP and 100 ft/lb torque. I have left my baffle in, but with it out and with some more miles on the bike it would pick up a few more HP

pk1
675cc
675cc
City: perth
Year: 2012
Colour: Black

Post by pk1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:16 pm

I’ve put the baffle back in the Akro just a bit too loud I think it’s more like the same level 99db as with the cat on and the baffle out. But it was 113db with the baffle out and cat removed.
Spoke to my dealer about getting the ecu flashed he said they have had major issues with people who done this and put the bike in for a service when they connected it to the ktm computer it totally shut down.
And required a new ecu very expensive and not covered by warranty due to the reflash.
So I think I’ll suck it and see I’m not after more power went down this road with my set and spent a fortune.
I just wanted the exhaust valve of and the decat to loose some weight.
Thanks for the reply

Stpsd
125cc
125cc
City: Havelock
Year: 2018

Post by Stpsd » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:53 pm

Theres no miracle to be done, when you change the air intake or exhaust you change the AFR. You need a way to richen it up, ecu flash or Power commander or something like it. No it won’t explode like a grenade but running a lean condition will prematurely wear out engine parts. If ur gonna do it, do it right, your bike will thank you in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveNZ
990cc
990cc
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Post by DaveNZ » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:44 am

Ive removed the SAS system, (Rottweiler stage 2 kit) fitted a Remus link pipe and muffler, removed the exhaust valve motor, and fitted the Healtech ESE, the bike ran ok, i then fitted the Rottweiler O2 sensor removal dongles and exhaust plugs, and the bike runs very nice, smooth around town, and pulls hard, it has no problem keeping up with my mates 2014 1290R with a full system and a mates 1290R 2017 with full system. Its running very well. :)
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Stpsd
125cc
125cc
City: Havelock
Year: 2018

Post by Stpsd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:07 pm

Yup bike well run fine, but without a remap ur guaranteed to run on the lean side, therefore run hotter causing long term premature wear.

DaveNZ
990cc
990cc
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Post by DaveNZ » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:21 am

Stpsd wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:07 pm
Yup bike well run fine, but without a remap ur guaranteed to run on the lean side, therefore run hotter causing long term premature wear.

With the O2 sensors removed and the Rottweiler dongles the bike doesn't run lean. the lower rev closed circuit is designed to run lean to pass emission tests, after 6000 revs the ecu runs more fuel, and thats where the dongle helps by fooling the ecu to add more low rev fuel. (well thats my take, and my bike definitely isn't running lean now)
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.