Customled.com taillight

Share your bling. Latest Alums, topbox, alarms, gel seat...
drdon
125cc
125cc
City: Kenwood
Year: 2018

Customled.com taillight

Post by drdon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Props to CustomLed.com and their taillight for the super duke. I just got mine and it's awesome! Much brighter than stock, stronger than stock (OEM easily breaks), costs almost 1/2 the price of the OEM and is programable with 10 different displays and strobes to get the attention of everyone behind you. Did I mention that the light includes turn signals? Also, made in the USA.

jhalfhide
675cc
675cc
City: East Sussex
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: Customled.com taillight

Post by jhalfhide » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Not allowed them over here in the UK. I have however just put LED bulbs in mine and bulked up the foam on top. Much brighter and no bouncing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now: 2013 KTM 990 SMT
Old: 2010 Ducati Faultistrada 1200s (Broke)
Old: 2007 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
Old: 2009 KTM 990 SMR (Stolen)
Old: 2008 Ducati 848 (Written off... whilst parked :roll: )
Old: 2007 ZX6R (Written off... elderly driver)
Old: 1996 ZX6R (Sold)

Winterwolf
250cc
250cc
City: Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Post by Winterwolf » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 am

jhalfhide wrote:Not allowed them over here in the UK. I have however just put LED bulbs in mine and bulked up the foam on top. Much brighter and no bouncing.

I put some led bulbs in last year.... 1 broke in 300 miles.... Which ones did you try?

Interested in the additional foam padding... How did you achieve that, any guides or pics?

My mate constantly takes the piss on how it bounces around lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jhalfhide
675cc
675cc
City: East Sussex
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by jhalfhide » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:40 am

Winterwolf wrote:
jhalfhide wrote:Not allowed them over here in the UK. I have however just put LED bulbs in mine and bulked up the foam on top. Much brighter and no bouncing.

I put some led bulbs in last year.... 1 broke in 300 miles.... Which ones did you try?

Interested in the additional foam padding... How did you achieve that, any guides or pics?

My mate constantly takes the piss on how it bounces around lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I'm currently using Safego branded ones and have replaced every bulb apart from the indicators. My LED headlight has been in a while now and is ace. So much better than oem.

With the foam, I took off the panel that sits above the rear cluster, put foam over the existing foam (doubled up basically) and then bolted the panel back down (forcing the bolts through the new foam to hold it in place). No more bouncing.

Clearance can be tight with the key for seat removal though so test before you settle on foam thickness. Use black foam as you can see the foam when you crouch down behind the bike.

Now: 2013 KTM 990 SMT
Old: 2010 Ducati Faultistrada 1200s (Broke)
Old: 2007 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
Old: 2009 KTM 990 SMR (Stolen)
Old: 2008 Ducati 848 (Written off... whilst parked :roll: )
Old: 2007 ZX6R (Written off... elderly driver)
Old: 1996 ZX6R (Sold)

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010
Model: SMT

Post by Magic Wand » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi guys!

I just put my bike together again (after the anual 'winter-mechanic-work(out)'), and started the engine yesterday ;)

But, one of the tail lights/lamp/bulb was down/black so I had to buy a new one today. Actually I bought 2 of them and replaced both - will have the old one as a spare during riding.

What I want to say is that the bike has 54600 km on the ODO, and not even 1 of the tail bulbs has got broken before. Although that the tail light unit is bouncing quite much, I guess.

I will try to see if I can find the thread suggesting 'lights4all' and maybe order from there.

/M

eagle_awd
Supporter
Supporter
City: Windsor
Year: 2011
Colour: White
Model: SMT

Post by eagle_awd » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Last winter I replaced all mine turn signals with LED's from http://dynamicmotorrad.com/

Couldn't be more happier, crazy bright.

And still looking for decent replacement for tail light, whether it's just the LED bulbs or whole unit.
Was thinking of these https://www.kmx24.de/artikel.php?id=62464 , but would prefer something brighter.