KTM Scottoiler

Share your bling. Latest Alums, topbox, alarms, gel seat...
LouP
250cc
250cc
City: Adelaide
Year: 2009
Colour: Silver

Re: KTM Scottoiler

Post by LouP » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:31 am

Had been thinking about moving the dripper to the front sprocket for a while, thanks to Bug for your post it gave me the inspiration to finally move it. I also run my drop rate at a much lower setting, as it was making a mess.
:!: I also used a small dab of superglue on the tubeing to grooved conduit at the last point prior to the drip spout. Just to ensure it does not work loose and get chewed up by the chain. The clearance of the tubeing and conduit near the chain and around the swingarm pivot is tight
I also found room to place a cable tie around the dripper for further peace of mind that it does not dislodge. ;)
Leo Vince Cans, 16T sprocket, Throttle cam, Rad Guard, Skid plate, Crash bars, Axle protectors, Tall screen, LED Tail light, Custom seat, Soft panniers,Top box, Tank bag, 12 volt outlet, Fender Extender,Skidmarx hugger, Scottoiler, And a wish list.

kennykjam
125cc
125cc
City: Amsterdam
Year: 2012
Model: SMT

Post by kennykjam » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:34 pm

I added the KTM scottoiler to my SMT today.
Followed the scottoiler recommendation in terms of position and routing the tubing ...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010

Post by Magic Wand » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi "kennykjam"

Nice that you put on a "automatic chain luber". Saves some time and money not to lube the chain every 300 km...

Does Scottoiler recommend to put the drop tube to the outside o-ring and at the rear sprocket?
To me this seems strange. I can´t see why put lube to only the outer o-ring of the chain, and nothing to the inner o-ring and nothing to the chain rolls.

My experiences tells that the lube should be applied first at the edge of the chain roll, which will result that the lube will go under/inside the chain roll and grease it. Next thing is to put oil to the o-rings, both outer side and inner side of the chain.

It is a big difference with a well lubed chain, compared to a dry one. The bike/engine seems to run Much smoother.

The more miles on the chain, the more important to put on fresh lube.

/M

kennykjam
125cc
125cc
City: Amsterdam
Year: 2012

Post by kennykjam » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:43 pm

This is what they say:
We recommend dispensing oil onto the face of the rear sprocket, so that the oil is thrown outwards by centrifugal force and has to pass all over the chain surfaces before it can be lost. Capillary action (oil being drawn over surfaces) will allow the oil to feed to both sides of the chain, however an initial film of oil is advised first so that the Scottoiler system simply has to ‘top this up’ in day to day riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk