Share your travel adventures here.
Aussie Dave
675cc
675cc
City: Brisbane
Year: 2017

A three day weekender - 1200ks of fun

Postby Aussie Dave » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:02 am

G'day from Aus....... got a late call to join the Ducati Club's secret handshake.. :lol: ...(kidding) Tourismo event for 2017, and took off on a 1200km ride with 40-50 Ducati riders over a three day organised extravaganza :)

Naturally, it rained on day one, that's just how it goes.....
The attachment Ducati Tourismo June017 coffee at Witta near Maleny Qld.jpg is no longer available

It rained on day two.......but not all the time.....

Ducati Tourismo June017 coffee at Witta near Maleny Qld.jpg
Ducati Tourismo June017 coffee at Witta near Maleny Qld.jpg (52.03 KiB) Viewed 168 times

and it was foggy again on day three before riding to the Bunya Mountains for a 5star breakfast.....

7am fog in Kingaroy Tourismo017....43yo 750GT in view....and it goes hard!.jpg
7am fog in Kingaroy Tourismo017....43yo 750GT in view....and it goes hard!.jpg (34.65 KiB) Viewed 143 times

and we drank great coffee, ate fine foods, explored olde tunnels, had a few beers & wines, and my small gang of desperado's visited the Army Aviation Museum at Oakey to see what was on display.....

Aussie frontline fighter made from existing bits in just 16weeks......called Boomerang....WW2 era.jpg
Aussie frontline fighter made from existing bits in just 16weeks......called Boomerang....WW2 era.jpg (47.19 KiB) Viewed 168 times

There was a 10km section of dirt road which would have been easy, except, it had a drenching from a water tanker 5 mins before we arrived......well, the GT was fine with that slippery mess, and it eats dry dirt roads without raising a sweat.......c/w panniers and top box :D

Now all I need do is wash it.....

Yep....it rained.....and the dirt road section had just been drenched by a water truck.......jpg
Yep....it rained.....and the dirt road section had just been drenched by a water truck.......jpg (46.83 KiB) Viewed 168 times

Had a blast, great company, top notch food, beaut roads, only one Ducati 916 'failed to proceed' due to a fat blattery or charging problem.......and get this......no-body decked their bike this time.... :o

7,300kms and counting..... 8-)

Ps I've no idea why this attachment has appeared here...I tried to correct a caption above and bugger-me this appears down here instead of up there...... :roll:............groannnnn
Attachments
Tourismo 017 lunch stop at Proston in central Qld.jpg
Tourismo 017 lunch stop at Proston in central Qld.jpg (59.25 KiB) Viewed 168 times

Return to “Your adventures..”