Share your travel adventures here.
NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc
City: Sydney
Year: 2016

2016 Phillip Island MotoGP

Post by NiteKreeper » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:59 pm

As is tradition, myself and a few mates rode from Sydney to Phillip Island this last weekend, on our annual pilgrimage to the MotoGP.
Departing Wednesday, we had an easy cruise down the coast to Bega, where we over-nighted in one of the pubs. A few quenching ales and a schnitty, before a reasonably early night.
On Thursday morning I was feeling good on the new 1290, so I was giving it the berries on occasion as we headed for Victoria. I backed off a little to let the non-KTM riders catch up, only to be greeted by the friendly NSW Highway Patrol. Not quite license-losing, but still a dent in the wallet.
Following that incident I quietened down for a while, before consoling myself practising wheelies after we turned off the highway and cut inland to the island. They're getting better...
Parked the bikes for a few days while we partied and went to the track - shitty weather Friday and Saturday, but an awesome day's racing on Sunday. I wish Marquez kept his head on, but I'm happy for Crutchlow. (Rossi can eat a bag of dicks...).
Blasted the 1050Km back to Sydney today, starting at 6.30am and sitting down for dinner at home at 7pm. We take the more direct route home; up the Monaro Highway and over the Great Dividing Range, through Cooma and Canberra before a final, monotonous blast up the Hume.

The SuperDuke performed flawlessly, and was surprisingly more comfortable than my GSX650F on the long haul. I knew I'd made the right choice, but this weekend has sealed it for me.
Good riding with good mates, much drinking and raucous laughter, and the sights, sounds and smells of the MotoGP. Another great weekend and I already can't wait for next year.

Here's my favourite photo from the trip: me, undertaking my mates at unsafe speeds while one of them holds out a GoPro...

ktmnerd1958
125cc
125cc
City: Santa Fe
Year: 2010

Re: 2016 Phillip Island MotoGP

Post by ktmnerd1958 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:47 pm

Great capture! Fine weather, great company and great beer (minimal ofcourse) is the best combo!

NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc
City: Sydney
Year: 2016

Post by NiteKreeper » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:19 am

Just had mail from the RMS, and my appeal was approved - no demerit points on my license, and I don't have to pay the $550 fine.
NiteKreeper and the Evil Twin ride again...
:twisted:

orangepetrolcrush88
125cc
125cc
City: Santa Fe
Year: 2010

Post by orangepetrolcrush88 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:31 am

great pic! captured at the right moment