Supporter
Supporter
City: Extreme Mancunian.
Year: 2011
Colour: Black
Model: SMT

Anyone get out today?

Post by Yoozy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Did 270 round north wales with a mate. Awesome part of the world.

New game. My bike and a cornetto.

A gut full of ale and a head full of magic.

WWW.TUONOWORLD.COM

lotus7
125cc
125cc
City: Newbury
Year: 2010

Re: Anyone get out today?

Post by lotus7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Good on you, some of my favourite roads. A483 Newtown to Crossgates. A44 to Aberystwyth, A470. Bliss

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

MR C
675cc
675cc
City: Derbyshire
Year: 2016

Post by MR C » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:06 am

How's the suspenders ? Front forks Any better

Yoozy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Yoozy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:27 am

I've tried a few combos. 1 person, 1 person and 1 bag etc, all yesterday was 1+1 coz I'm a fat bass. First 100+ on street mode and sport damping and second 100+ on street and street. I'd say it was slightly better in street/sport, but still to harsh on any nadgery B123 road. Both were miles better than comfort, I reckon that's for two up or heavily loaded.
Where this bike excels is on roads like the one out of Bala to Ffestiniog, just amazing. I still think my first thoughts are right though. And that's that the tyres are set too high. The front feels a bit light and vague. They are 38f/45r according to the dash. I wouldn't have 38 on the rear. I've got to get the sensors turned off. Most won't be effected by what I'm moaning about, but I've got gammy shoulders, arms and wrist through vibrating machinery. If this bike had the Smt suspension, it really would be the best bike in the world, for me. And for me, I think after 2000+ miles the Smt is the better bike. There, I've said it, I feel better :D
Not everyone's like me though and it's awesome bike, goes like a rocket and is really nimble. I can still miss the first fuel up. Even yesterday, we was trapping on a bit, when my mate (Tuono) was looking for his second stop I still had 2 bars.

WWW.TUONOWORLD.COM

Yoozy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Yoozy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Decent write up in Bike this month. Martin Fitz Gibbon also says the suspension is better in sport. Nice to know I'm not going mad ;)
I've had a problem with a cracked rear Pirelli Angel and had to get a bit shirty with Ktm. Tomorrow she's going in (collected) for a new tyre and hopefully the tank trim issue will be sorted.
I've gone through a lot of emotions with this bike, loved, not so loved, loved,,,, I've kept comparing it to the Smt and its messed with me head. After the last ride I think I've come to accept it for what it is. I'm happy and will be keeping it.

WWW.TUONOWORLD.COM