125cc
125cc
City: Basel
Year: 2009
Colour: Silver

The best bikingspots in Australia??

Post by Pfluemi1 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi all,

will visit Australia for a while coming down in March arriving in Melbourn. Thought maybe go to Tasmania first doing a bit offroad but then I have no clue where are good bikespots, mountainroads ...
I drive here in switzerland a KTM SMT so thought about to rent somthing like that in Oz as well. Maybe someone has a address where to rent?
Thanks in advanced for your tips.
Cheere Michael

NewyKTM
Supporter
Supporter
City: Newcastle
Year: 2014

Re: The best bikingspots in Australia??

Post by NewyKTM » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:05 am

Hope you enjoy riding OZ mate.

Tasmania is a great ride and good place to start an adventure. Ride on to the ferry in Melbourne, overnight trip to Tassie.
Melbourne is a large city and there are a few bike rental places around, so you should be able to find a good bike to ride.
Sydney NSW is another City you can find some good rental places, with some beautiful scenery South of Sydney to the blue Mountains near Katoomba and as far west to the famous MT Panorama Race Circuit in Bathurst.
Also a nice coast ride up the old Pacific Highway to the Hunter Valley Newcastle way. (My town)
The Bond on rentals here in Australia is quite high but the service is very professional and secure.

Hopefully that should give you a few ideas 8-)
From the 1st crawl to the very 1st step to the 1st ride, the rest is history...The evolution of the motorcycle enthusiast.

Pfluemi1
125cc
125cc
City: Basel
Year: 2009
Colour: Silver

Post by Pfluemi1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi and thanks for the answer!!
This sounds very good to me .. so I just think about what kind of bike I should rent or buy for Tasmania?? Is it gravel there or all Tamark? Already habe in my mind a Campervan with trailer and two bikes and Enduro and a Streetbike :D 8-)
But at the end they steel the bikes when I park them on the trailer somewhere .. maybe better to rent :mrgreen:

NewyKTM
Supporter
Supporter
City: Newcastle
Year: 2014

Post by NewyKTM » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Here is one very reputable place to rent http://www.garnersmotorcycles.com.au/ Melbourne
and http://www.bikescape.com.au/ Sydney.
They have road, enduro, dual sport, cruiser.

There are a lot of places you can explore in Australia using a good dual sport with all the good equipment.
I recommend a paid tour. If your adventurous, Google Maps Australia, look for some "State Forests" as with registration you can ride through any of these.
If you enjoy the road, there's pretty much limitless riding. The Putty Rd NSW is a little favorite of mine.

As for "off-road" riding, NSW is my only experience, I have been riding Dirt bikes for the past 25 years here including motocross but Enduro is more my taste when off-road.
A lot of "off road complex's" exist that have both Enduro and motocross tracks to ride.

As for taking all you riding with you idea, heres my dream http://www.jayco.com.au/range/toy-haulers/ :D
From the 1st crawl to the very 1st step to the 1st ride, the rest is history...The evolution of the motorcycle enthusiast.