budgesrsv
990cc
990cc
City: manchester
Year: 2011
Colour: Black

last warm ride of the year ?

Post by budgesrsv » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Me and the misus had a great ride out in the sunshine today :D had a Christening to attend this morning so didn't get out till after 2.00. We managed to get over the Cat n Fiddle, Snake Pass, Woodhead and Holme Moss with a few other great roads thrown in for good measure. The only downer was overtaking a van doing 25 in a 40 zone just before a speed camera, which had been camouflaged to match the trees surrounding it by the tossers in Tameside :( Not sure if it flashed me so its 2 weeks with fingers crossed !

arg
500cc
500cc
City: Biggleswade
Year: 2010

Re: last warm ride of the year ?

Post by arg » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:36 pm

I had a pass from the misses for the day and was on my way to Bovingdon tank museum. Just overtaking a guy on a 600 fazer going past fleet services on the M3 when he drops it a gear comes past me pointing at my tail unit. I pull over look at the back end, touch the number plate and the whole thing including the indicators falls off. Bloody BMW S1000RR, should of taken the KTM. I was really lucky it didn't fall off while I was moving. Bodged it back on with a bicycle lock I carry to lock my helmet to the bike because it hasn't got a helmet lock and rode home slowly.

Last weekend went through a speed trap at 90, just waiting for the ticket to come through.

Staying in next weekend.

Rangoonruns
990cc
990cc
City: Wolverhampton
Colour: Silver

Post by Rangoonruns » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Yep made the best of it today as well
Gentle thrash from sunny wolves over to Aberystwyth and back
Got to love them welsh roads
2nd mot due next week ! I thought I would have sold it by now ! Moving into the fifth year of ownership it's a first for me lol

shaun-m
675cc
675cc
City: Hartlepool

Post by shaun-m » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Had a run to Seaways cafe near fimber, via Helmsley n Malton. Over t scarboro, then across the moors to rosedale abbey, up chimney bank, kirbymoorside and back to Helmsley for a last cuppa n biscuit before heading home. Canny day... 8-)

budgesrsv
990cc
990cc

Post by budgesrsv » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:48 pm

I thought I would have sold it by now ! Moving into the fifth year of ownership it's a first for me lol[/quote]
Ive had mine nearly 2 years, I would probably have swapped it before now but I haven't found anything to replace it. Its still a bit of a love-hate relationship :lol: Last weekend it was going as the clocks were misted up then went blank again :( I stripped them completely and dried them in the airing cupboard for a day. I think I have got to the bottom of the problem now I've seen inside the back of the case, there is a vent hole with a patch of material over it which I didn't know was there :? I sometimes use an air blower to dry the bike after washing when I'm in a hurry, so I think I have been blowing the water into the clocks myself :cry:
There was no sign of dust or corrosion on the circuit board but I unplugged the LCD display and found a bit of corrosion on a couple of the pins. Anyway it all went back together and has been fine this weekend so I'm keeping it now :lol: Just need to put a bag over the clocks and forget the air blower when I wash it from now on :D

Yoozy
Supporter
Supporter
City: Extreme Mancunian.
Model: SMT

Post by Yoozy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:33 am

I've been grafting the last couple of weekends and not got out, but a few of us are taking Friday 17/10 off and ripping about up to Carlisle for a curry and a bevvy then going for a squirt round the borders on Sat.

Heated vest at the ready :lol:
A gut full of ale and a head full of magic.

WWW.TUONOWORLD.COM

shaun-m
675cc
675cc
City: Hartlepool

Post by shaun-m » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Forgot to mention I was out on Friday as well, first stop was manor cafe at bellerby then on thru Leyburn towards hawes but turned off onto the kettlewell road. Haven't been along there for a few years and I'd forgot how good it is! Looped back thru rip on over to Thirsk and on to Helmsley before heading home. Nearly dark by I got in, not good with a dark visor! Note to self: carry a clear visor, the nights are closing in!! :o

budgesrsv
990cc
990cc

Post by budgesrsv » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Ive been caught out a couple of times with just a dark visor this summer so I go out with a clear one now if in doubt as I can't be arsed carrying a spare. It is a bit of a pain though when riding into a low sun with a fly spattered visor so I might try a helmet with a drop down sun shield when I replace it this winter. Has anyone any recommendations ? I like the look of the Shoei Speed R and they fit my big noggin perfectly.

Yoozy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Yoozy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:55 pm

WWW.TUONOWORLD.COM

Rangoonruns
990cc
990cc

Post by Rangoonruns » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:20 am

Never been questioned about my visor??
Might be coz on have a face for radio lol

Rangoonruns
990cc
990cc

Post by Rangoonruns » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:21 am

Forgot to add

Best covered up

budgesrsv
990cc
990cc

Post by budgesrsv » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:32 pm

[quote="Yoozy"]You need these, trust me ;)

I already wear glasses mate so cant fit another pair on me mush :lol: I have reactions lenses in my glasses which are ok but don't cut out the glare like a dark visor.

Yoozy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Yoozy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:57 pm

budgesrsv wrote:
Yoozy wrote:You need these, trust me ;)

I already wear glasses mate so cant fit another pair on me mush :lol: I have reactions lenses in my glasses which are ok but don't cut out the glare like a dark visor.

Mate puts contacts in then these bins on. Not the best though contacts eh ! I was lazered about 10 years ago, I forgot what a pain specs are :(

WWW.TUONOWORLD.COM

budgesrsv
990cc
990cc

Post by budgesrsv » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Laser wont correct my eyesight as good as glasses so haven't bothered having it done. Ive worn glasses from being 5 so I'm used to em now :lol: