Supporter
Supporter
City: Extreme Mancunian.
Year: 2011
Colour: Black
Model: SMT

Got wet this weekend, so what.

Post by Yoozy » Mon May 12, 2014 7:43 am

Hey boys, anyone stupid enough to get out this weekend ? I've always wanted to ride the coast road in Dorset on a bike as our family have been going down there forever, but I've never been on a bike. The forecast was disgusting, storms, high winds, thunder, lightning, cats, dogs. We could only really do this weekend so toughed up, clobberred up and said fuck it. Me and a couple of mates set off Friday @ 11 and went down to another mates in Bristol.

Down the a49 to Prees for dinner.

Did some detours round Hereford and Gloucester and found some seriously serious roads, take that as Roman dirt tracks over mountains that hadn't been used for that long the grass was 4' tall and meeting in the middle, it was a bit like trial biking tbh in bits. The Smt took everything in its stride but the lads on Tuonos had a hard time with the hard suspension and shit steering lock. Maybe we should of paid attention to the 'road closed' sign :lol:

We met a couple of mates at Abergavenny and went down a brilliant road to Usk, it was dry and a real scratchtastic bit of road. Went on the lash that night, not too stupid as we were up early. Went through Cheddar Gorge in some of the worst weather I have ever experienced. Couldn't appreciate it as it is technical enough looking in the dry. At Shepton Mallet we nearly gave up, it was ridiculous. Anyroads, we stopped off for a bit and it calmed down a bit. Glad we did as it got much better over the top of the hill. The sun came out,,a bit,, and we went down to West Bay.

Then on to West Bexington for a Cornetto.

Carried on the coast road to Weymouth for a cream tea :lol: then back up to Brizzle on some funky roads for a shit, shower, and off for a bevvy and a ruby. Yesterday we was up pretty early as one of the lads had to go back to Glasgow. Up though Gloucester towards Monmouth over some nice b treble digit roads on to the a49 and stopped at the OK diner near Shrewsbury for a nine pound £4 breakfast. You know the a49 on the right day with no trafic is a cracking road to get through the centre of England with some juicy bends.

Got home ferked, but a happy ferked. Did nearly 600 miles in all sorts of weather and on all sorts of roads. The Smt is absolutely spot on for me, rappeeeeedo and a good comfy tourer,,,and decent off road.

:)
A gut full of ale and a head full of magic.

WWW.TUONOWORLD.COM

Muppet
City: Bath
Colour: White

Re: Got wet this weekend, so what.

Post by Muppet » Mon May 12, 2014 8:29 pm

FFS yer silly old gay wheeled Manc, I live about half an hour from Shepton, could have met up with you, even if it might have been in the cage (going to Corsica on Wednesday night so didn't want to chance going out on the bike this weekend.

Might even have bought you a cuppa. :roll:

Next time you're planning on being down this way, give me a shout. I wanna see the stripes in the flesh....... :lol:
This is what I do with mine....

http://www.bikersoracletours.com

Yoozy
Supporter
Supporter
City: Extreme Mancunian.

Post by Yoozy » Mon May 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Nearly had an extra stripe once or twice going over that big bridge at Bristol a tell thi.
A gut full of ale and a head full of magic.

WWW.TUONOWORLD.COM

ogden
City: London

Post by ogden » Mon May 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Yoozy wrote:Hey boys, anyone stupid enough to get out this weekend ?
Nope. It was Eurovision on Saturday, and I had some work to do on the track toy in the garage, so not much chance of me going anywhere. Popped over to France the weekend before anyway, so needed a weekend off.

Squeezed in a visit to the old Reims GP circuit while I was over - quite atmospheric in a crumbling kind of way. Couldn't quite resist doing 120mph between the old grandstands and the pit buildings, though rather wished I was on the gixer at the time.

ogden
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7

https://storify.com/eldaifo/istanbul-and-back

limeyduffa
900cc
900cc
City: Adelaide
Year: 2012

Post by limeyduffa » Sat May 17, 2014 11:01 am

Awesome. Looks windy (last pic) :)

Windblown
500cc
500cc
City: Woodstock, VA
Year: 2013

Post by Windblown » Tue May 20, 2014 4:17 pm

That's what I love about the SM-T. It can crank out the miles anywhere. :)

orangepetrolcrush88
125cc
125cc
City: Santa Fe
Year: 2010

Post by orangepetrolcrush88 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:57 am

that looked like an awesome trip