50cc
50cc
City: Killara
Year: 2010
Colour: White
Model: Adventure

1290 SA side stand switch

Post by DarrellG » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:22 am

Hi guys, reaching out to the wider community. I have a 2015 SA here is Aus. Love the bike. It has 40k on it. No off road, all highway work. The other week after a great ride with a few mates I went to start it mid ride and it would not start at all, even out of gear. I have the magnet on the side stand switch as I had moved the side stand. I have the magnet very well covered, wrapped in shrink wrap etc, but the zip tie had loosened and it had been moving around. Anyway I jiggled it a bit and the bike started, I rode it home.

Yesterday decided to have a good look. I Opened up the shrink wrap, everything was great. But after fiddling a bit bike would not start, also MTC showed on dash. Bike starts in neutral, cant put it into gear. Yellow engine light on dash. I have formed the opinion that it is the side stand switch.

I would like to get a dongle but now find out there are non the can be fitted to the 1290 sa. Which annoys me as every other model seems to have one including the Sup Duke. KTM want $205 to replace, which I will do, but would love to have an extra one or back up just in case.

Any idea's or help. Can anybody explain how the switch works!