Remapping or stock?

Power, noise, mapping, price, and the ever popular : "More power or just noise?"
Roobi931
125cc
125cc
City: Odessa
Year: 2015
Model: SMT

Remapping or stock?

Post by Roobi931 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Good day anyone! I have bought the exhaust from "Magic Wand"(i recommend this guy)!
Just now i`m a little confused. Must i remap the engine if i install the exhaust(dominator)? I understand, that to improve the characteristics of a motorcycle, I have to install many more all, for example remove sas, new air box etc. But just now i dont have tuning parts for this. I just want to hear the sound.
So my question is this: Will the motorcycle do no harm to the installation of the exhaust system without remapping(even for some test ride, because if I feel an unstable job, then I'll remapping. THANKS!!

jhalfhide
675cc
675cc
City: East Sussex
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: Remapping or stock?

Post by jhalfhide » Tue May 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Roobi931 wrote:Good day anyone! I have bought the exhaust from "Magic Wand"(i recommend this guy)!
Just now i`m a little confused. Must i remap the engine if i install the exhaust(dominator)? I understand, that to improve the characteristics of a motorcycle, I have to install many more all, for example remove sas, new air box etc. But just now i dont have tuning parts for this. I just want to hear the sound.
So my question is this: Will the motorcycle do no harm to the installation of the exhaust system without remapping(even for some test ride, because if I feel an unstable job, then I'll remapping. THANKS!!
Most run just exhausts with no ill effects. A friend of mine ran his exhausts for years on standard map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now: 2013 KTM 990 SMT
Old: 2010 Ducati Faultistrada 1200s (Broke)
Old: 2007 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
Old: 2009 KTM 990 SMR (Stolen)
Old: 2008 Ducati 848 (Written off... whilst parked :roll: )
Old: 2007 ZX6R (Written off... elderly driver)
Old: 1996 ZX6R (Sold)