REMUS Y-Pipe

Power, noise, mapping, price, and the ever popular : "More power or just noise?"
CatDaddysBBQ
125cc
125cc
City: North Aurora
Year: 2010
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: SMT

REMUS Y-Pipe

Post by CatDaddysBBQ » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:30 pm

I am new to the forum (just bought my 2010 a few months ago).

I"m looking into exhaust options - I just came from a REALLY loud bike, and don't want to go down that route again... I wouldn't mind a BIT more volume, and i'm exploring options. I'm not interested enough to spend a TON of money, it's not a priority right now.

Anyway, I keep seeing this pop up - seems like the same collector that Remus uses on it's normal slip on systems, but without the mufflers...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMUS-Stainless ... 1648915466

I'm wondering what would be the advantage of this over stock? I think i've read that the Cats are in the actual mufflers so i'm wondering what would be the point of this Y-Pipe on it's own? Perhaps any slip-on muffler would work with it and not use a proprietary flange design, so you could in theory build your own system off of this?

I also wonder if this could be used with the factory mufflers, and if so - what would it sound like?

spike_africa
125cc
125cc
City: Sarasota
Year: 2008
Model: SMT

Re: REMUS Y-Pipe

Post by spike_africa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:42 am

I also wonder if this means I can just use another comapanies Slip on with this Y pipe. That would be awesome!

Gimlet
900cc
900cc
City: Dorset
Year: 2010
Colour: Black

Post by Gimlet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:53 am

The cats are indeed in the cans. If you buy Leo Vince cans you get a new stainless Y pipe anyway. The stock cans are fixed by flanges to the stock Y by mild steel studs and nuts. These are very prone to rust and often won't come off at all. All the aftermarket cans that I'm aware of use slip-on cans so I'n not sure whether the Remus Y would actually fit the OE cans.
Buy whichever catless straight-through aftermarket cans take you fancy and get it remapped. Mine has the Leos. They sound great, even with the baffles in but they all need a remap.

jhalfhide
675cc
675cc
City: East Sussex
Year: 2013

Post by jhalfhide » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:13 am

Gimlet wrote:The cats are indeed in the cans. If you buy Leo Vince cans you get a new stainless Y pipe anyway. The stock cans are fixed by flanges to the stock Y by mild steel studs and nuts. These are very prone to rust and often won't come off at all. All the aftermarket cans that I'm aware of use slip-on cans so I'n not sure whether the Remus Y would actually fit the OE cans.
Buy whichever catless straight-through aftermarket cans take you fancy and get it remapped. Mine has the Leos. They sound great, even with the baffles in but they all need a remap.
Plenty out there that bolt on the OEM way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now: 2013 KTM 990 SMT
Old: 2010 Ducati Faultistrada 1200s (Broke)
Old: 2007 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
Old: 2009 KTM 990 SMR (Stolen)
Old: 2008 Ducati 848 (Written off... whilst parked :roll: )
Old: 2007 ZX6R (Written off... elderly driver)
Old: 1996 ZX6R (Sold)