Tune ECU difficulty

Power, noise, mapping, price, and the ever popular : "More power or just noise?"
mototard
50cc
50cc
City: everett, WA
Year: 2016
Colour: White
Model: SMT

Tune ECU difficulty

Post by mototard » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:21 am

Hi All,

2011 990 SMR

Recently appropriated connectors and cable to hook up the laptop and run Tune ECU. Have an issue. Appears the program cannot read the ECU. I get the diagnostic page, but when I interrogate the ECU to read the map, I get the error page noted. Any ideas what might be going on here?
Attachments
map.jpg
diag.jpg

kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Re: Tune ECU difficulty

Post by kevxtx » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:00 am

What does the error page note say? Do you have a battery charger connected to the bike so the system voltage does not go below 12V?

What window version are you using, what version Tune ECU are you using, did you install all the Windows drivers for Tune ECU? http://www.tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/install1.html

mototard
50cc
50cc

Post by mototard » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:41 am

Thanks for your reply Kevxtx,

The blank map page has the error message "No Map..." in white letters in the center of the screen. Am using 64bit Win 7. Downloaded FTDI driver 2.12.14 from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Am wondering if maybe I botched the install, though. I got a message along the lines of 'Windows has installed the most up to date driver for this hardware' which leads me to believe Win may have over rode the FTDI driver I had tried to run. I will try again but this time pay more attention to the instructions which say to turn off the wireless when you go to install - that I did not do. I have attached a screen shot of all the files I amassed. Even though it looks like the right driver is downloaded, it may not have been 'applied' due to the Win interference discussed.

I will also plug in the battery tender to ensure no excursions below min voltage. Thanks for the ideas, I will report back any findings on this thread.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Post by kevxtx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:34 am

It does sound like a driver problem.

lew-hand-93
675cc
675cc
City: Liverpool
Year: 2012

Post by lew-hand-93 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Have you looked in Windows device manager to see when you plug the usb-obd you get a com port showing in the list?

If not and you see an unknown device with a hazard symbol then it will be a driver issue

eagle_awd
Supporter
Supporter
City: Windsor
Year: 2011

Post by eagle_awd » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:06 am

After install I still showed error on the port device. Had to reboot and reinstall driver and all good after that.

mototard
50cc
50cc

Post by mototard » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:29 pm

lew-hand-93 wrote:Have you looked in Windows device manager to see when you plug the usb-obd you get a com port showing in the list?

If not and you see an unknown device with a hazard symbol then it will be a driver issue

That is very handy info, thanks lew-hand!