JC Exhausts

Power, noise, mapping, price, and the ever popular : "More power or just noise?"
pk1
675cc
675cc
City: perth
Year: 2012
Colour: Black

Re: JC Exhausts

Post by pk1 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Stinkerbelle wrote:
pk1 wrote:
Scutty wrote:Paul

Where do the short covers attach to? I know I need the two mounts to replace the luggage hangers but didn't know if more was needed for the shorty covers?
The metal frame is replaced with a black plastic frame that the short covers screw on to! also the 2 screws from the back section that you see from the underside attach to this plastic frame.
If your not sure call Allan at Drysdale Motorcycles & tell him you want to do what I done. He will know what you mean knows me well :lol:
01738 451050 costs about £65 plus postage. thats for frames/hanging bracket/short covers.
cheers
Paul
Paul,

Have you any pics of your drilled inserts yet? Also, where did you source your hugger?
new hugger
by pk1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 pm
Lifted this from an old thread I done in accessories, I currently have the inserts out convinced the wife its not too loud :twisted: looking to see how it effects the mpg.
The inserts come with 6 holes pre drilled around the center hole. I just made them 2-3mm bigger easier said than done very hard steel

Put an order in for one of these yesterday thought it looked a much better shape than the skidmarx one!
high gloss black to match the new high gloss tank.
http://www.simpson-detour.co.uk/Huggers ... ugger.page
any thoughts?
Does anybody know were to get a front mudgaurd in hi gloss black?
cheers
Paul

Ta,

Stinkerbelle
125cc
125cc
City: Oxford
Year: 2011
Colour: Silver

Post by Stinkerbelle » Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Paul,

Those huggers look good... good enough that I've ordered one and passed the link to a friend!

I'll give H a call during the week ref the inserts - mine are definitely too narrow.
Cheers,

Dave

Not a cynic... I just wish it was better:-(

The SMT is Black - the profile drop down doesn't let me put that in!

casull
125cc
125cc
City: Boden
Year: 2010

bad baffels

Post by casull » Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 am

Hi all.
I have received my oval titanium exhausts a few weeks ago. The build was excellent but... and a big but, i didn't like the sound!
Without the baffels the sound was nice... but to loud, around 95db, but the sound was in a nice deep pitch.
With the baffels the sound db was lower but the noice was in i higher pitch and just not that nice. It sounded more like a broken car muffler than a cool sports bike. Then i did some measuring... On the original exhaust the end opening was 27mm, and with the JC without the baffel it was 45mm and with the baffel it was 23mm!!

Something is wrong here.

When using the baffel the wind speed thru the baffel is way to high, that's why i get the broken muffler sound :-( The diameter of the baffel is simply to small. This is clearly a bad design. The baffel diameter can't be smaller than the original exhaust, if doing so you get some bad noise.
So I decided to get some proper baffels for my JC's. I asked a friend if he could make me some baffels and that's was no problem. After a little thinking I asked him to make me a pair of baffels with an opening of 30mm and a tube length of 160mm (JC baffel length was 80mm). An hour later they where done :-)

I fitted them and the sound was just great!! I got a nice low pitch, just around 88db and no more leaky muffler sound!
So if you have the same problem that i was having, this is the solution.

Rock on!

//Mike

kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Post by kevxtx » Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 am

+ 1, 23mm is to small.

Stinkerbelle
125cc
125cc
City: Oxford
Year: 2011

Post by Stinkerbelle » Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 am

I feel the same so emailed Aitch at JC. His suggestion was that either he or I could drill 6 holes in the end plate surrounding the baffle tube, stating at 3mm going up to 6mm as you prefer.

I haven't done this yet but noticed someone else on here did and was happy with the results (though they did comment steel was hard and it took several drill bits - not surprising considering the area has been welded and 3mm bits are quite fragile).

If your mate wants to make up some more 30mm x 160mm baffles to fit JCEs, i'll buy a set - time poor at the moment!
Cheers,

Dave

Not a cynic... I just wish it was better:-(

The SMT is Black - the profile drop down doesn't let me put that in!

Rangoonruns
990cc
990cc
City: Wolverhampton
Year: 2010

JC Exhausts

Post by Rangoonruns » Sun May 19, 2013 12:46 pm

I did the drilling on mine just to open them up a little bit
Easy enough to do

lcjohnny
675cc
675cc
City: Bristol
Year: 2009
Model: SMT

Post by lcjohnny » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Just ordered my JC exhausts - what tune are people running?

Stage 1 will be JC cans and 02 sensors are turned off - otherwise standard

Stage 2 1ill include a foam filter box and removing the 2ndry flies
Jon
-------------------------
Sold it. Got an Aprilia Shiver

lcjohnny
675cc
675cc
City: Bristol
Year: 2009
Model: SMT

Post by lcjohnny » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:32 am

Hey Casull
I agree with Stinkerbelle

Happy to order a set of baffles 30mm by 160mm - would your mate want to think of a price?
Stinkerbelle wrote: If your mate wants to make up some more 30mm x 160mm baffles to fit JCEs, i'll buy a set - time poor at the moment!

Jon G
Jon
-------------------------
Sold it. Got an Aprilia Shiver