Clogan
250cc
250cc
City: Harrison
Year: 2017
Colour: Black & Orange

Ordered a rear wheel socket from Racefoxx

Post by Clogan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:22 am

I liked the design of the Racefoxx (German company) socket for the rear wheel axle nut, so I ordered one back on Dec. 1st. Based on tracker info, as of today it has still not left Germany. Racefoxx says be patient.

Anybody here can vouch for Racefoxx, or have experience ordering from Germany to the US?

My only experience in international trade is buying an Abba stand for my SDGT from Great Britain, and it arrived in a bit over a week. After almost 3 weeks, my socket still hasn't left the continent, and I wonder if I have been scammed????

crazyinp
675cc
675cc
City: San Jose
Year: 2015

Re: Ordered a rear wheel socket from Racefoxx

Post by crazyinp » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:02 am

I ordered one from them too not a long time ago. Arrived in 4days to California. Looks pretty well build
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

RDKLL
Supporter
Supporter
City: Mesa
Colour: Silver

Post by RDKLL » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 am

This one is made in Colorado and is being sold in the UK and the EU at www.Superdukecarnage.com

And available domestically in the US at http://katatak.bigcartel.com/product/kt ... ocket-60mm

I believe he is traveling now.

Clogan
250cc
250cc

Post by Clogan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:22 am

RDKLL wrote:This one is made in Colorado and is being sold in the UK and the EU at www.Superdukecarnage.com

And available domestically in the US at http://katatak.bigcartel.com/product/kt ... ocket-60mm

I believe he is traveling now.
Yup...I perhaps should have ordered that one instead. Racefoxx will not speculate on shipping time. I suppose it could be three months...(or three years?). I placed my order Nov. 30th, and no ETA yet from carrier (DHL/USPS). Oh, well. With this crappy weather, I won't be riding enough to wear out my rear tire anytime soon.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

crazyinp
675cc
675cc

Post by crazyinp » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:05 am

I like the racefoxx design with the longer inside round that fits inside the rear shaft and keeps the socket in. Makes it one man job
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

Clogan
250cc
250cc

Post by Clogan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:11 am

crazyinp wrote:I like the racefoxx design with the longer inside round that fits inside the rear shaft and keeps the socket in. Makes it one man job
Yah, I liked it, too. Inside design is one reason I chose it. Also, it's a 1/2" drive, not 3/4", so no adapter needed. Just hoping it gets here before springtime. I think they must have shipped it inside a bottle they tossed in the Atlantic. Takes a while to drift all the way to the States! Especially if winds and current take to to Aruba or Bon Aire or someplace first. Been over 3 weeks already, and tracker status says only that it is "Preship: On"...whatever that means.

Just hope my rear tire doesn't need changing before the socket finally drifts ashore. If it does, I'll just buy the Northern Tool socket for $16.99 that I saw the other day. I just hope that I'm not out the 46 Euros or whatever it actually cost in $.

crazyinp
675cc
675cc

Post by crazyinp » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:23 am

Clogan wrote:
crazyinp wrote:I like the racefoxx design with the longer inside round that fits inside the rear shaft and keeps the socket in. Makes it one man job
Yah, I liked it, too. Inside design is one reason I chose it. Also, it's a 1/2" drive, not 3/4", so no adapter needed. Just hoping it gets here before springtime. I think they must have shipped it inside a bottle they tossed in the Atlantic. Takes a while to drift all the way to the States! Especially if winds and current take to to Aruba or Bon Aire or someplace first. Been over 3 weeks already, and tracker status says only that it is "Preship: On"...whatever that means.

Just hope my rear tire doesn't need changing before the socket finally drifts ashore. If it does, I'll just buy the Northern Tool socket for $16.99 that I saw the other day. I just hope that I'm not out the 46 Euros or whatever it actually cost in $.
Did you try to reach out to them? Mine came super fast. Faster than I expected. If you end up needing the socket, I can ship you mine. You can pay for the shipping to and back to me
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

Clogan
250cc
250cc

Post by Clogan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:16 pm

crazyinp wrote:
Clogan wrote:

Did you try to reach out to them? Mine came super fast. Faster than I expected. If you end up needing the socket, I can ship you mine. You can pay for the shipping to and back to me
Yup...emailed them numerous times. They told me it's out of their hands, and it'll get here when it gets here. Maybe. Hopefully. Tracker says it's someplace between DHL and USPS. DHL says they handed it off to USPS; but USPS says they don't have it yet.
I'm not gonna worry about it anymore.

Clogan
250cc
250cc

Post by Clogan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Well, I got word that my socket finally came ashore in New York. Couple more weeks, and maybe it'll get to me. When I ordered it, I didn't realize it would be shipped by sail boat, LOL!

But then again, could you sail from Europe to New York in less than four weeks? I dunno...how fast are sailing ships? Maybe not that fast. Probably came by oiler.

Aussie Dave
900cc
900cc
City: Brisbane

Post by Aussie Dave » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:28 am

Cheers Clogan....... that socket is worth the money as the rear wheel nut is tight-as. Make sure you torque it up correctly though.....my service tech's were telling me about a tyre shop that got one wrong and damaged the bike.....I think there is a comprehensive thread in here somewhere - oh yeah, the Angel GT's will hang in for ages.....mine have just over 10,000kms, bit flat in the centre, but i think i can nurse them to 15000kms, will easily make 12,000kms anyway with licence preserving wrist (we are the sunshine radar state.. :lol: ).

Happy NY
Current delights...1290GT-2017, CBR1100XX-2005

Prev loves...Capo1200TP-014, CBR11xx-002, 2xFZR1000genisis-94, FJ1200-89, FJ1100-84, XS1100P, VF1000F-83, CX500, VF750S, KZ1000J1-81, KZ1000ST-79, CB750F2-77, CB360T-74, CB175.. started it all in 1974 ;)

fredm
125cc
125cc
City: Telford

Post by fredm » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Clogan wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:59 pm
Well, I got word that my socket finally came ashore in New York. Couple more weeks, and maybe it'll get to me. When I ordered it, I didn't realize it would be shipped by sail boat, LOL!

But then again, could you sail from Europe to New York in less than four weeks? I dunno...how fast are sailing ships? Maybe not that fast. Probably came by oiler.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hope it turns up soon. That made me laugh.

Clogan
250cc
250cc

Post by Clogan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:28 am

Socket is still a no-show.

Clogan
250cc
250cc

Post by Clogan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Socket arrived today, 41 days after order was placed. Perhaps I should have asked about shipping times when I ordered. Anyhow, if ordering from Racefoxx in Remscheid, Germany, be prepared for a six-week delivery to the USA.

Interestingly, the Abba stand I ordered from England arrived in less than one week, with free shipping.

I can only surmise that free shipping must be faster.