Decat

Tancakar
675cc
675cc
City: London
Year: 2016

Re: Decat

Post by Tancakar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:33 pm

wind buffeting apparently happening because of the mirrors ? i used to have this on 1190 adventure the same thing happens on 1290 GT. i am going to get a Rottweiler performance mirrors they are a little pricey but very good

jasonedaniel
50cc
50cc
City: Harrogate
Year: 2017
Colour: Silver
Model: SMT

Post by jasonedaniel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Right guys,

I did this yesterday with the Remus decay pipe. It's a piece of piss if you follow the instructions included.

The only thing to watch is when you take the wheel off the actuator and replace with the supplied imposter wheel (or whatever it's called). You just need to make sure that the cam is in the right rotational place.

I did mine and it threw the MTC error so I took the actuator and wheel back off - turned the cam 180 degrees replaced with the supplied Remus imposter wheel and it worked a treat. No error whatsoever.

I did run the engine for ten minutes or so as suggested by someone else on here but I am not sure it has made a difference or not as I didn't ride until after I did this.

All great so far and pretty easy.

Happy decat day!

J

Flingit
125cc
125cc
City: Hillcrest

Post by Flingit » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:25 am

After fitting my Remus link pipe, I went for short 10min ride,and the bike sounded great and was fine. The next day, after less than 35kms, I got the dreaded MTC! No amount of adjusting the "cam" on the servo would fix it! Bike is now with KTM as I suspect the servo is knackered; (they agree at this point in time.) They say that they're going to organise a dongle to eliminate the servo, and they've got a map to install.Lets hope!
PS: contrary to belief, the servo valve is OPEN at low revs and closes as the revs increase. There's a very good video on youtube.

ruffneck247
125cc
125cc
City: Peterborough
Model: SMT

Post by ruffneck247 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 am

Flingit wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:25 am
After fitting my Remus link pipe, I went for short 10min ride,and the bike sounded great and was fine. The next day, after less than 35kms, I got the dreaded MTC! No amount of adjusting the "cam" on the servo would fix it! Bike is now with KTM as I suspect the servo is knackered; (they agree at this point in time.) They say that they're going to organise a dongle to eliminate the servo, and they've got a map to install.Lets hope!
PS: contrary to belief, the servo valve is OPEN at low revs and closes as the revs increase. There's a very good video on youtube.
Be interested to find out if it's sorted?

Flingit
125cc
125cc

Post by Flingit » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Apparently the new part arrives tomorrow. I'll post as soon as I hear anything.
After complaining about a periodic starter motor noise; bike has only done 800kms; they've agreed to replace a torque limiter, but I'll have to wait another week for it to arrive from factory!
Oh the joys of living in Africa!

Flingit
125cc
125cc

Post by Flingit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:21 pm

So apparently, the exhaust servo will be removed, a dongle installed in it's place and a map "flash"; they say it should be 100%. They are working on it as I type.

Flingit
125cc
125cc

Post by Flingit » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:47 am

So the latest news is that the KTM ECU is more intelligent than life on earth! It wont take the "flash" and eliminate the exhaust servo! Back to square one! We are now cutting the exhaust valve out, and fitting it into the Remus intermediate pipe. Not perfect, but next best.
Has anyone tried running their bike with the valve connected, but the butterfly removed?

DaveNZ
900cc
900cc
City: New plymouth

Post by DaveNZ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:42 am

Flingit wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:47 am
So the latest news is that the KTM ECU is more intelligent than life on earth! It wont take the "flash" and eliminate the exhaust servo! Back to square one! We are now cutting the exhaust valve out, and fitting it into the Remus intermediate pipe. Not perfect, but next best.
Has anyone tried running their bike with the valve connected, but the butterfly removed?
There is someone here, that cut the exhaust valve from the origonal pipe and fitted (welded) it to the Remus link pipe, then took the disc-butterfly off the shaft, so the shaft rotates like normal, just no butterfly disc to block the exhaust. Are you having no luck with the Remus supplied cam that fools the system into thinking the valve and cables are working. i had trouble with mine, it took about 3 position changes to get it right. the last position change, still had the MTC failure. Fuked off, i went inside, the next day, turned ignition on, off then on, i think i also disconected the battery also, and by magic the MTC failure had gone, and 10,000Ks later its still gone.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Flingit
125cc
125cc

Post by Flingit » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm

Remus cam is not working for me. Just got bike back and now trying to get cables and servo in "sync'. FFS!