125cc
125cc
City: Neuchatel
Year: 2017

Bodis vs Remus midpipe

Post by luismna » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi guys,

I need some advice :D

My main target is to put off some weight (on the bike :D) and get a better sound out of the bike. The bike has an Akrapovic installed.
I dont need more end power on the bike and what I really dont want is to lose that sweet low-mid torque, or have to spend hundreds of dollars to keep it.

I am thinking in decat the bike using Bodis or Remus options with rotweiller emissions removal kit.

- Which option do you think is better?
- For the ones who did it, have you observed any consumption increase?
- What is in your opinion best bang for the buck?

Thanks a lot.

DaveNZ
675cc
675cc
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Re: Bodis vs Remus midpipe

Post by DaveNZ » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:47 am

luismna wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 pm
Hi guys,

My main target is to put off some weight (on the bike :D) and get a better sound out of the bike. The bike has an Akrapovic installed.
I dont need more end power on the bike and what I really dont want is to lose that sweet low-mid torque, or have to spend hundreds of dollars to keep it.

I am thinking in decat the bike using Bodis or Remus options with rotweiller emissions removal kit.

Thanks a lot.
The exhaust valve cables are the major obstacle, i used the Remus link pipe, and the supplied cam to remove the valve and its cables, it worked for me, i think I've lost a little low end torque, with the change, i also put on a Remus muffler, i think a longer larger muffler may help keep all that torque. you could get the Bodis link pipe, (or remus) get a welder to cut out the exhaust valve from the standard muffler, cut the bodis and place (weld) the exhaust valve on it, then use your origonal muffler, or get the Acra muffler, this would save the fault codes that come up for some guys who have done the Remus link pipe change. also if you use you origonal exhaust valve,you can remove the internal butterfly, so no blockage pediment. Fuel consumption hasn't altered much, but when i geared mine down (40 tooth rear sprocket) it did consume more.Ive also done the Rottweiler stage 2 kit, and the rotweiler o2 removal kit, the bike runs so much smoother with the o2 sensor removal kit, if you are removing the CAT.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

luismna
125cc
125cc

Post by luismna » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:40 am

DaveNZ wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:47 am
luismna wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 pm
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot.
The exhaust valve cables are the major obstacle, i used the Remus link pipe, and the supplied cam to remove the valve and its cables, it worked for me, i think I've lost a little low end torque, with the change, i also put on a Remus muffler, i think a longer larger muffler may help keep all that torque. you could get the Bodis link pipe, (or remus) get a welder to cut out the exhaust valve from the standard muffler, cut the bodis and place (weld) the exhaust valve on it, then use your origonal muffler, or get the Acra muffler, this would save the fault codes that come up for some guys who have done the Remus link pipe change. also if you use you origonal exhaust valve,you can remove the internal butterfly, so no blockage pediment. Fuel consumption hasn't altered much, but when i geared mine down (40 tooth rear sprocket) it did consume more.Ive also done the Rottweiler stage 2 kit, and the rotweiler o2 removal kit, the bike runs so much smoother with the o2 sensor removal kit, if you are removing the CAT.
Thanks!

I also have a sitta 40 teeth and indeed I notice +0,2/0.3 L/km, which for me is ok since the bike is more usable. Now I can a 2nd gear in 30Km/h zones (Yes... I do use this speeds... In Switzerland you should not mess around :D ) and also and a 6th for 100 Km/h.

Anybody tried the Emissions removal kit with Cat on? Does it damage the bike? I just would like to free up some space under the sit.

DaveNZ
675cc
675cc

Post by DaveNZ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 am

Luismna, the advice id give, before you remove any of the E4 crap, as it all works together, SAS, CAT, Carbon canister, and the 02 sensors, get a Remus link pipe and little cam that comes with it. (not a large expense) remove you cat exhaust and the exhaust valve cables, and the cable cam, fit the new cam and link pipe and your original muffler, and see if you can get the bike to run without throwing up any fault codes, if you can't get it to work with out faults, then return to origonal factory setup, (small cost of link pipe maybe wasted) but if you can get it to work and run with no faults, (like i have and a few others) then start removing the other parts, i.e. carbon canister- piping - SAS setup etc (heaps of it) get the Rottweiler Stage 2, or 3 kit, and the rotweiler 02 sensor removal kit. There is a youtube video on some of this procedure. Good luck on you choice of setup.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

luismna
125cc
125cc

Post by luismna » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:39 pm

DaveNZ wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 am
Luismna, the advice id give, before you remove any of the E4 crap, as it all works together, SAS, CAT, Carbon canister, and the 02 sensors, get a Remus link pipe and little cam that comes with it. (not a large expense) remove you cat exhaust and the exhaust valve cables, and the cable cam, fit the new cam and link pipe and your original muffler, and see if you can get the bike to run without throwing up any fault codes, if you can't get it to work with out faults, then return to origonal factory setup, (small cost of link pipe maybe wasted) but if you can get it to work and run with no faults, (like i have and a few others) then start removing the other parts, i.e. carbon canister- piping - SAS setup etc (heaps of it) get the Rottweiler Stage 2, or 3 kit, and the rotweiler 02 sensor removal kit. There is a youtube video on some of this procedure. Good luck on you choice of setup.
Thanks a lot for your advide DaveNZ!!

Highly appreciated

DaveNZ
675cc
675cc

Post by DaveNZ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:02 pm

My bike runs bloody well with the E4 crap removed, SAS block off plates fitted, remus cam-link and exhaust pipe, Rotweiler stage 2 kit and the Rotweiler o2 removal kit. i had no problem running with these guys on sports bikes.
Attachments
IMG_2463.jpg