Clogan
250cc
250cc
City: Harrison
Year: 2017
Colour: Black & Orange

Pirelli Angel GT: what's "spec D"?

Post by Clogan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Gonna need a new rear tire soon, so I've been shopping. Owner's manual specifies the Angel GT, spec D. Most ads I see do not list what "spec" their Angels are. Does anyone know how to find out?

Or for that matter, what's the difference between a "spec D" and any other Angel GT in the correct size (190-55-17) and weight class (75W)?

/Puzzled/

BTW, for all who change their own tires, have you met with any surprises on the SDGT?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GaryCulb
500cc
500cc
City: Sumter

Re: Pirelli Angel GT: what's

Post by GaryCulb » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Yep, it is the "D" spec Angle GT for the rear tire on the KTM SDGT. It stands for "Ducati". Here is link to KTM approved tires ( https://www.ktm.com/globalassets/servic ... 017_en.pdf ). Personally, I love the Pirelli Angle GT.

You may want to consider getting a sprocket for rear tire replacement ( http://katatak.bigcartel.com/product/kt ... ocket-60mm ). It is kind of big nut that requires 250 nm to tighten. Having the correct rear axel socket is a great idea if you are traveling. Please do not ask how I know. Best,

Doc :? :?

Clogan
250cc
250cc
City: Harrison
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: Pirelli Angel GT: what's "spec D"?

Post by Clogan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Thanks for the info, Doc!

Guess I'm still wondering whether all Angel GTs are spec "D", and if not, what is the harm in using an Angel GT that is a spec other than D, as long as it's a group 75W load class?

I did already buy a 60mm socket for the rear axle nut. It is very similar to the one you referenced, except it is 1/2" drive instead of 3/4".

Local auto parts store will let me borrow a torque wrench of sufficient capacity, so I guess I'm all set, once I source a tire.

I do all my own tire changes on a Harbor Freight machine, using a Mojo bar. Have had no troubles in the past... on changes for any bike, including a Kawasaki C14 Concours I use to have. It had the same size tires as my SDGT, so I'm hoping the changes on the GT will go just as smoothly. We shall see. I do miss having a center stand, though!

MarkLH69
125cc
125cc
City: Perth

Re: Pirelli Angel GT: what's "spec D"?

Post by MarkLH69 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:24 am

Clogan wrote:Thanks for the info, Doc!

Guess I'm still wondering whether all Angel GTs are spec "D", and if not, what is the harm in using an Angel GT that is a spec other than D, as long as it's a group 75W load class?

I did already buy a 60mm socket for the rear axle nut. It is very similar to the one you referenced, except it is 1/2" drive instead of 3/4".

Local auto parts store will let me borrow a torque wrench of sufficient capacity, so I guess I'm all set, once I source a tire.

I do all my own tire changes on a Harbor Freight machine, using a Mojo bar. Have had no troubles in the past... on changes for any bike, including a Kawasaki C14 Concours I use to have. It had the same size tires as my SDGT, so I'm hoping the changes on the GT will go just as smoothly. We shall see. I do miss having a center stand, though!

I found this, doesn't explain what difference is though. Seem to be made for Ducati MultiStrada

REAR 'D' - The D SPEC is especially designed with a structure differences to abtain the best performance on a Ducati Multistrada GT

Since the A spec is used for some bigger and some sportier bikes I don't imagine the difference will be huge.

http://m.balmainmotorcycles.com.au/?ref ... idth=1280

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk