DYNO RUN and Good Results

DaveNZ
900cc
900cc
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Re: DYNO RUN and Good Results

Post by DaveNZ » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:21 am

Tancaker, i don't think I'm fooling myself. KTM are about giving the customer what they want, they know the GT will be opened up, they in time will with Acro, make a system available with the mapping, its in their interests. They sell the bike as "ready to race" they encourage you to take it on the track. So why not "track only exhaust and mapping" they get around selling these items by the track only sales pitch....i have my fingers crossed.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Tancakar
675cc
675cc
City: London

Post by Tancakar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:40 pm

DaveNZ wrote:Tancaker, i don't think I'm fooling myself. KTM are about giving the customer what they want, they know the GT will be opened up, they in time will with Acro, make a system available with the mapping, its in their interests. They sell the bike as "ready to race" they encourage you to take it on the track. So why not "track only exhaust and mapping" they get around selling these items by the track only sales pitch....i have my fingers crossed.
they didn't intended to make GT for track use, its a sports touring bike. There for there isnt even a Akropovic full system available. There wont be no map unless they will create a akrapovic full system for GT. You dont seem to understand this companies doesn't really care about that. as soon as it reach the euro 4 thats it.

I try to make my bike better. Also try to make it sound and feel better. While you cant even upload a akro map i dont know why you saying the ktm will create a map for GT ?

vet57air
675cc
675cc
City: Port Alberni
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by vet57air » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:49 pm

As stated several months ago, KTM says " will be coming out with a map for the GT soon, likely early in the new year".

Emmjaydee
250cc
250cc
City: Stratford-upon-Avon

Post by Emmjaydee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:56 pm

@ Mr C. Had an interesting chat with Geoff today. He had another GT in there as we spoke.

He spoke of the significant differences associated with different fueling for each cylinder.

I will be going to see him in March, based on your experiences here. Just plan to change the end can before.

Glad you posted, cheers.

MR C
675cc
675cc
City: Derbyshire

Post by MR C » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Emmjaydee wrote:@ Mr C. Had an interesting chat with Geoff today. He had another GT in there as we spoke.

He spoke of the significant differences associated with different fueling for each cylinder.

Glad you posted, cheers.
I doff my cap to you, because instead of stating the Not possible dribble you took the time to call him .

When you decide to go let me no and I'll pop up on my GT and have a chat, you can modify the stock can to replicate the akro ! Under the kev's mods section he de-baffled the stock can on the 1290 sd, its really easy to do .

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Emmjaydee wrote:@ Mr C. Had an interesting chat with Geoff today. He had another GT in there as we spoke.

I will be going to see him in March, based on your experiences here. Just plan to change the end can before.

Glad you posted, cheers.
this has been discuss before the rear cylinder runs a little lean from the factory. As soon as you put a slip on or anychanges it really messes up a few things. the reality is they shouldnt have sell the akropovic slip on if the bike needs remapping for that !

MR C
675cc
675cc

Post by MR C » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:41 pm

Tancakar wrote:

Glad you posted, cheers.
. As soon as you put a slip on or anychanges it really messes up a few things. the reality is they shouldnt have sell the akropovic slip on if the bike needs remapping for that !
Not quite correct there bud, slip on does not mess anything up if the bike is running the cat, whilst you still have the cat the lambda sensors will make very marginal adjustments within the stock mapping.

Running lean can also be felt, get the bike up to temp and the difference off the cylinders is notable different obviously it's not helped by heat soak from the front, i saw a 990 SD and the rear header was glowing !

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:47 pm

MR C wrote:
Tancakar wrote:

Glad you posted, cheers.
. As soon as you put a slip on or anychanges it really messes up a few things. the reality is they shouldnt have sell the akropovic slip on if the bike needs remapping for that !
Not quite correct there bud, slip on does not mess anything up if the bike is running the cat, whilst you still have the cat the lambda sensors will make very marginal adjustments within the stock mapping.

Running lean can also be felt, get the bike up to temp and the difference off the cylinders is notable different obviously it's not helped by heat soak from the front, i saw a 990 SD and the rear header was glowing !
well i dont have the OEM cat on mine how ever i install a sports cat from Akrapovic. At the minute everything is sorted as i did the Throttle bodies adjusting but if you change anything on the bike there is also some small changes on the A/f , yes sometimes its small that you don't count it.

I dont have no SAS, No O2 sensors , No cat, No canister and the bike running very nice now. Not as hot as a normal engine. With the OEM cat that bike gets really hot in Summer.

Emmjaydee
250cc
250cc

Post by Emmjaydee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:12 pm

MR C wrote:

Glad you posted, cheers.
I doff my cap to you, because instead of stating the Not possible dribble you took the time to call him .

When you decide to go let me no and I'll pop up on my GT and have a chat, you can modify the stock can to replicate the akro ! Under the kev's mods section he de-baffled the stock can on the 1290 sd, its really easy to do .
Going next week Mr C

Loomster
Supporter
Supporter
City: Christchurch
Year: 2017

Post by Loomster » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Just emailed them myself. Good excuse for a potter up the M40.

MR C
675cc
675cc

Post by MR C » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Emmjaydee wrote:
MR C wrote:

Glad you posted, cheers.

Going next week Mr C
Unfortunately I'm not around next week or I would have popped up to have a cuppa with ya, be interesting to hear your feedback.

[THUMBS UP SIGN]

Loomster
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Loomster » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:47 pm

...and booked in for Apr 20th. Seem like very knowledgeable guys, well done Mr C for the recommendation. :D

Emmjaydee
250cc
250cc

Post by Emmjaydee » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Unfortunately I'm not around next week or I would have popped up to have a cuppa with ya, be interesting to hear your feedback.
Just back. Fab. So much smoother and much more tractable. Can now use 6th gear from 60 very smoothly and on standard gearing.

Power up an additional 17 bhp and torque up 8lbs ft at the rear wheel.

Very pleased you flagged up Geoff for us

Loomster
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Loomster » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Excellent MJ, I'm up there in 3 weeks, just got back from post 1st service 70 mile ride, love this bike. Sport mode 3rd & 4th gears are an absolute hoot. :lol:

Emmjaydee
250cc
250cc

Post by Emmjaydee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:29 am

You will see a massive difference. While the absolute maximum hp and torque are at the top end, it is every day riding where you notice the biggest changes in fuelling. For the 3000 to 6000 range, at least the relative hp and torque is doubled to more than doubled in parts, and all those annoying bobbles on the curves between 3 and 4k revs are smoothed out. Definitely much better characteristics on the gas now.

lamosty
50cc
50cc
City: Bratislava

Post by lamosty » Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 am

Emmjaydee wrote:You will see a massive difference. While the absolute maximum hp and torque are at the top end, it is every day riding where you notice the biggest changes in fuelling. For the 3000 to 6000 range, at least the relative hp and torque is doubled to more than doubled in parts, and all those annoying bobbles on the curves between 3 and 4k revs are smoothed out. Definitely much better characteristics on the gas now.
What about fuel consumption? Did it change? Do you think now the engine needs more frequent oil changes? I'm asking because I'm not hunting after the greatest hp/torque values but to have a more refined ride.

My biggest issue here is that I'm from Slovakia which is pretty far from UK . :D But I would really like to give this a try. I heard that you can also send the ECU to Geoff but first, I don't know what part is the ECU, then isn't it risky to pull it out? And lastly, how can he tune the bike with just ECU? Doesn't the bike need to be put on a dyno after modifying the ECU, then seeing results and then either changing values again or marking it as good?

Thanks for all the info. The more info the better. :)

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:35 pm

lamosty wrote:
Emmjaydee wrote:You will see a massive difference. While the absolute maximum hp and torque are at the top end, it is every day riding where you notice the biggest changes in fuelling. For the 3000 to 6000 range, at least the relative hp and torque is doubled to more than doubled in parts, and all those annoying bobbles on the curves between 3 and 4k revs are smoothed out. Definitely much better characteristics on the gas now.
What about fuel consumption? Did it change? Do you think now the engine needs more frequent oil changes? I'm asking because I'm not hunting after the greatest hp/torque values but to have a more refined ride.

My biggest issue here is that I'm from Slovakia which is pretty far from UK . :D But I would really like to give this a try. I heard that you can also send the ECU to Geoff but first, I don't know what part is the ECU, then isn't it risky to pull it out? And lastly, how can he tune the bike with just ECU? Doesn't the bike need to be put on a dyno after modifying the ECU, then seeing results and then either changing values again or marking it as good?

realistically the fuel consumption is smilar, in between 38-42 mpg depending on your riding. The best think to do if you dont want to remove the CAT and just smooth the engine to get a new performance high flow air filter and remove the O2 sensors. At the moment i am with this setup , as i couldnt handle the HIGH noise of the decat.

i put my decat back and now i am running with out the O2 sensors which is very smooth . The service is the same but just to inform everyone don't wait till your service light on to change your oil. I change oil ever 4000 miles or once a season, so beginning of winter and then beginning of summer but i ride a lot.
i have 6300 miles already.

You cant really ECU tune this bike but some people in Uk already cracked it, but your warranty will be void,it doesn't worth it mate. and its not reversible.

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:37 pm

i already change oil many times.

600 miles oil change

i had 2000 miles oil change and filter change

4000 miles oil change

6000 miles oil and filter change (5W40 Motorex Fully synthetic)

lamosty
50cc
50cc

Post by lamosty » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Tancakar wrote:
lamosty wrote:

realistically the fuel consumption is smilar, in between 38-42 mpg depending on your riding. The best think to do if you dont want to remove the CAT and just smooth the engine to get a new performance high flow air filter and remove the O2 sensors. At the moment i am with this setup , as i couldnt handle the HIGH noise of the decat.

i put my decat back and now i am running with out the O2 sensors which is very smooth . The service is the same but just to inform everyone don't wait till your service light on to change your oil. I change oil ever 4000 miles or once a season, so beginning of winter and then beginning of summer but i ride a lot.
i have 6300 miles already.

You cant really ECU tune this bike but some people in Uk already cracked it, but your warranty will be void,it doesn't worth it mate. and its not reversible.
Interesting. Which air filter do you recommend, please? I was thinking about the decat option as well but when I read your posts, I decided not to. I don't want to lose mid-range torque. But it's a pity that we can't really have a nice sounding bike.. because if you put Akrapovic or any silencer, I read that it doesn't help much because the cat does all the silencing. But if you decat, then it's too loud.. I like how my 990 SMT sounds with those Leo Vince cans and am missing it a bit.

Yeah, I have about 4500 miles on it so should probably change the oil soon.

Thanks.

lamosty
50cc
50cc

Post by lamosty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:50 pm

I've just read here: viewtopic.php?t=3821 that by removing the o2 sensors the cat could catch fire from the unburned fuel.. so I'm not so sure about removing the o2 sensors if I want to keep my cat as a new cat is quite expensive.

What do you think? How many kms/miles have you done without o2 sensors and with cat?