Tancakar
675cc
675cc
City: London
Year: 2016

DYNO RUN and Good Results

Post by Tancakar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi all

As some of you know i have done some modes on my GT and it seems to be paid of only slightly :)

My modes are

SAS removal, block off plates installed
O2 removal rottweiler performance
Canister Removal
DE CAt with Remus link pipe also additional Akrapovic Sport Cat Added on.
Akropovic Slip on (baffle in)
K&N air filter Standard air box.
97 oct premium petrol
Power Commander 5

RESULTS ARE

159.47 HP rear wheel
131.11 NM Torque

The bike feels smooth and nice but could do the lower stack mode as well i bet that will smooth everything down more.

15940589_10154511200449145_5675769891730639326_n.jpg

SOME DOCUMENTS for you guys to look at

15895051_10154511593014145_1466061020807639622_n.jpg
15965796_10154511592854145_7243669925812211_n.jpg
15895366_10154511593689145_5133268382143209992_n.jpg
15873550_10154511593209145_8777481022854366751_n.jpg
Attachments
15871606_10154511593449145_3327228652892915000_n.jpg

MR C
675cc
675cc
City: Derbyshire

Post by MR C » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 am

With all them mods I think I would be disappointed with em results, I heard removing the stock cat from the GT robs it's torque, did the op map the cylinders individual ! Mention Rear cylinder runs very lean stock .

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Re: DYNO RUN and Good Results

Post by Tancakar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:06 pm

dont know man i am alittle gone off from the bike really but we will see, yes it does have negative back pressure problem when you remove the gigantic CAT. i am not unhappy with the results but not happy as well. its all about getting more air in but i am not going to spend a penny more.

i have a problem with the rews hanging in 3000 rpm , i read the super duke 1290 r forum and they all had it, its Throttle bodies adjustment needed. so i am going to do that and after that we will see how smooth it will get. At the moment its not that smooth.

vet57air
675cc
675cc
City: Port Alberni
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by vet57air » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Tancakar wrote:dont know man i am alittle gone off from the bike really but we will see, yes it does have negative back pressure problem when you remove the gigantic CAT. i am not unhappy with the results but not happy as well. its all about getting more air in but i am not going to spend a penny more.

i have a problem with the rews hanging in 3000 rpm , i read the super duke 1290 r forum and they all had it, its Throttle bodies adjustment needed. so i am going to do that and after that we will see how smooth it will get. At the moment its not that smooth.
The best power increases (20 H.P. range) on the 1290r were accomplished with removing the cat and full intake (Rotweiller or Motohooligan) and the Akro map or Power commander. I would imagine the GT would respond similarly. I recall you removed the stock cat, but added a smaller unit? I wonder if this may have hurt your results?

MR C
675cc
675cc

Post by MR C » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:09 pm

I agree something is not right with them mods you would think the return would be much better, when I had mine mapped 160@ wheel and 136nm I got flamed with disbelief because all I'm running is the akra end can, I took my bike to another Dyno to see if it was all true and it ran pretty much the same within a couple of bhp (I will have to dig the graph out) and the op said someone has already mapped this because it's so smooth and makes very good power, obviously I had not previously told the op it had been mapped, I just wanted confirmation what my seat ov my pants was telling me. My bike feels super smooth even at 30mph for a twin I'm very surprised.

kdm06d
125cc
125cc
City: Orlando

Post by kdm06d » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:56 pm

took out my cat and lost torque...enough to feel while riding

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 am

MR C wrote:I agree something is not right with them mods you would think the return would be much better, when I had mine mapped 160@ wheel and 136nm I got flamed with disbelief because all I'm running is the akra end can, I took my bike to another Dyno to see if it was all true and it ran pretty much the same within a couple of bhp (I will have to dig the graph out) and the op said someone has already mapped this because it's so smooth and makes very good power, obviously I had not previously told the op it had been mapped, I just wanted confirmation what my seat ov my pants was telling me. My bike feels super smooth even at 30mph for a twin I'm very surprised.
i have just lost so much power i can feel it. The bike doesn't seem to run well too. Since i have done the moods i have a problem of the throttle hanging at 3-4 revs and it takes seconds to get it back.
Throttle bodies needs adjusting i guess and this week i will make a little reading before i took the tank of to adjust them. I have a DIY manometer and i will see if the bike in sync.

I agree with the comments of the Akrapovic Sport CAT i added took lots of HP and i don't think i gain the torque i was after. I was just thinking of creating some back pressure but i guess you can see from the results that didnt help.

The bike runs very odd and even with custom map build for my bike i think the bike still doesnt have a nice smooth engine.

Now the latest this morning my oil temperature seems a odd reading it goes as high as 110 C then it goes down to 84 C as soon as i stop . That cant be true. Oil cant be cool down like that or get hot like that :) the bike also run normal as usual.

So i need help from the forum for the next step tell me guys what think about this.

Thinking of

Adjusting the throttle bodies
then remove the cat completely
and may be add a 80 mm stack to back cylinder
i have a K&M air filter with Standart box.

All i want is the bike to run smooth and have the torque low down :( i always commute two up or travel two up the torque is a big issue :( i dont want the torque at 6000 rpm i want the torque way before.

Do you guys think only way is

getting OEM CAT back and re dyno it ?

BY THE WAY THE DYNO RESULTS ARE BAFFLE IN AND WITH SPORT CAT.

LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:40 am

MR C wrote:I agree something is not right with them mods you would think the return would be much better, when I had mine mapped 160@ wheel and 136nm I got flamed with disbelief because all I'm running is the akra end can, I took my bike to another Dyno to see if it was all true and it ran pretty much the same within a couple of bhp (I will have to dig the graph out) and the op said someone has already mapped this because it's so smooth and makes very good power, obviously I had not previously told the op it had been mapped, I just wanted confirmation what my seat ov my pants was telling me. My bike feels super smooth even at 30mph for a twin I'm very surprised.

So your only mod is Akrapovic slip on ? and Power commander 5?

MR C
675cc
675cc

Post by MR C » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Tancakar wrote:

So your only mod is Akrapovic slip on ? and Power commander 5?
Akra end can, and custom remap, no power commander - bike dyno'd @ 160 and 136nm its pulls hard the torque is brutal, even on tickover it sounds much smoother and not erratic, i then went 2 up on the rear to 40 and around town it's like a pussy cat .

I just love this bike [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

I gave up fooking around and spending big to gain little, now work with what I've got as all manufactures are throwing the bikes out lean, the 1290 runs really lean especially on the back cylinder and there's heat soak due to the twin layout.

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:00 am

so you reflash you ECU. i check everywhere and they say it is not possible to do it on the GT you sure they just didnt do a reset :) dyno guys are very cheeky. and you know they can play it up with the dyno to show you that your bike doing better then what it would have.

Normally basic standart bike pump out. 149 hp and 121 NM you can check in the forums

To your bike to kick out 160 hp at rear wheel and 136nm is impossible without a good air filter.

i gain 10 hp and 12 nm with K&n air filter, Akrapovic slip on, Remus de cat, and akrapovic Sport cat. with power commander and 3 hours of custom mapping.

to you to get that result your dyno man definitely play with the results believe me :)

There is a guy created 160hp 136nm with rottweiler air box and 80 x 80mm and lots of many other additions so there is no way you can get that numbers with a silly reflash and slip on mate ;)

MR C
675cc
675cc

Post by MR C » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:11 am

Tancakar wrote:
There is a guy created 160hp 136nm with rottweiler air box and 80 x 80mm and lots of many other additions so there is no way you can get that numbers with a silly reflash and slip on mate ;)

My bikes graphs are on the forum both stock and mapped, it made 160 and 136nm no Rotty, ive had another dependent dyno base run from another co and it came in at 157, so both impossible ! The bike rides different from stock even the ktm tech whom serviced it and took it out for test ride complimented on it feeling very smooth !

So I'm not getting into a debate, after 2 different dyno centre runs I'm happy, what we should do come spring get a couple of GT guys and book some dyno time, put your modded bike against mine and see it for yourself.

Obviously you haven't spoken to everyone ! why not call this guy just to pick his brains how he does it, and regardless how he does it the improvement is duly noted on my bike and several other SDR bikes he has done, it's also documented on several forums how lean the rear cylinder runs but no mention of your Dyno op giving you this info ! Or mentioning heat soak from the front cylinder !

The op I used has done tens of thousands of bikes and worked for some race teams, I've had several done by this person and always been happy with a full money back if not, however can you imagine the impact it would have if all was lies ! I personally would take him to the cleaners not only financially but also on the net and destroy him .

Emmjaydee
250cc
250cc
City: Stratford-upon-Avon

Post by Emmjaydee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Good post Mr C. May well take a trip there with mine this Spring. Close enough for me.

MR C
675cc
675cc

Post by MR C » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:17 pm

@Tancakar, I notice your remus is For Sale ! What's your plan of action, you going back to original cat !

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:20 am

MR C wrote:@Tancakar, I notice your remus is For Sale ! What's your plan of action, you going back to original cat !
I dont know :) they say Bodis is loud and arrow is not available till April for our bikes. if i have a bodis which is i think its waste of money, i might upset my neighbors and loud exhaust are irritating me.

I have been checking out Arrow and they have a link pipe with CAT build in but its apparently too short for GT i could buy a stainless steel extension (they are so cheap) but i just want the bike to be as quite as now. and also i think GT likes to run lean rather then rich.

or the last resort is leaving everything as they are and feed some more air in with Rottweiler Intake with 100 mm/80mm stacks.

There is a guy in this forum did the decat with sdr remus, and added the valve back in, that sounds great to me i wonder what the valve really does? do you think its just for sound or more?

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:21 am

so i could get a Arrow for 1290 R and add the oem valve on it.

JDS1290SDr
675cc
675cc
City: Edmonton
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Post by JDS1290SDr » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Show me a link or Pic of this Arrow link pipe with the CAT built in. I have a Arrow link pipe on my SDR. Don't be fooled by what they are calling "CAT" its a wide open pipe. Just a little baffling built up on the sides where it bulges out a little.

If your GT is running "lean" U don't want to increase the airflow with a Rotty do you?
PRESENT STABLE
2015 Black SDR
2010 450 SXF
2010 450 XC-W Six days
2010 Ducati Multistrada
2010 Victory Cross Country
PAST
Way to many to mention

DaveNZ
990cc
990cc
City: New plymouth

Post by DaveNZ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:49 am

JDS1290SDr wrote:Show me a link or Pic of this Arrow link pipe with the CAT built in. I have a Arrow link pipe on my SDR. Don't be fooled by what they are calling "CAT" its a wide open pipe. Just a little baffling built up on the sides where it bulges out a little.

If your GT is running "lean" U don't want to increase the airflow with a Rotty do you?
Exactly this, until KTM bring out an up rated mapping for the GT to suit an open pipe, (no cat) i wouldn't do the air box and filter mod, (may be filter ok, as a K&N don't breath much more freer than a standard filter when either are new) opening up the exhaust will let gasses escape quicker, but how much it effects the fuel mixture, I'm not sure, especially if you keep the muffler reducer in to creat some back pressure, but an open air box is certainly going to adjust fuel verses air mixture. My thoughts any way. Now this Dyno,ing question, a guy here who raced a 1290R for 1 season, we brought our (1290R) bikes about the same time, both got the new mapping and both got the Acra muffler, but we both got a locally made link pipe, He for racing, got one of those PVC, I'm not sure what you call it, but at 800Ks he got his dynoed at 164 HP, no air box mod, totally standard there. i got mine dynoed, different dyno, a year later, but i had done 10,000Ks, and mine dynoed 158 Hp, stock air box, now i know dyno's very, but on the same day a 990 SD got 118Hp.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:11 pm

JDS1290SDr wrote:Show me a link or Pic of this Arrow link pipe with the CAT built in. I have a Arrow link pipe on my SDR. Don't be fooled by what they are calling "CAT" its a wide open pipe. Just a little baffling built up on the sides where it bulges out a little.

its a proper CAT. you can see for your self at arrow's website. but its not ready for GT yet . there are to versions, one is with cat one is without cat.

Tancakar
675cc
675cc

Post by Tancakar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:27 pm

DaveNZ wrote:

Exactly this, until KTM bring out an up rated mapping for the GT to suit an open pipe, (no cat) i wouldn't do the air box and filter mod, (may be filter ok, as a K&N don't breath much more freer than a standard filter when either are new) opening up the exhaust will let gasses escape quicker, but how much it effects the fuel mixture, I'm not sure, especially if you keep the muffler reducer in to creat some back pressure, but an open air box is certainly going to adjust fuel verses air mixture. My thoughts any way. Now this Dyno,ing question, a guy here who raced a 1290R for 1 season, we brought our (1290R) bikes about the same time, both got the new mapping and both got the Acra muffler, but we both got a locally made link pipe, He for racing, got one of those PVC, I'm not sure what you call it, but at 800Ks he got his dynoed at 164 HP, no air box mod, totally standard there. i got mine dynoed, different dyno, a year later, but i had done 10,000Ks, and mine dynoed 158 Hp, stock air box, now i know dyno's very, but on the same day a 990 SD got 118Hp.
dont fool yourself. Why would KTM bring up a map for this? what is their benefit? besides , my dyno done at a humid day. Also it depends how the dyno is done. you can make it read 170hp as well. ANY BIKE , i mean ANYBIKE can be moded, with decat or airfilter as soon as you have a dyno and power commander to make it work with your a/f. So ktm doenst need to do that for you to decat your bike. besides its not even legal in some countries. KTm only make akro map because they wanted to sell akro system thats all.

I am not running lean, i am saying GT likes to run lean. I said if i introduce a open airbox to my mapping it will run lean. well when i did a full open exhaust system with remus, it was far too loud, live it for street they wouldnt even allow you to race with that in UK. you cant do track day with a very loud pipe. Its very twat-ish.

so i put a sport cat myself and dyno the bike like that. Ofcourse it will not going to give big numbers with baffle in and Sport cat in with no airbox modification. but it did give more then stock.

The stock numbers for GT rear wheel are 148 to 150hp and 120nm torque. and i have got 159hp and 133nm torque so i had some gain but not alot.

Without removing the CAT and O2 sensors and also making a custom map with more air flow to the bike you wont get 160hp no fucking way. who ever doing that is cheating on dyno or their dyno's are not calibrated.

My bike has 3900 miles on it.

on dyno day i had 97oct premium petrol

sas removed
canister removed
Cat removed
slip on akro
K&N airfilter
remus Link pipe with additional Sport cat

this is just over £1000 modes to get 10 hp more, i just dont know why people think they can get hp's just putting a slip on ?

Besides all i first need to do throttle bodies balance and then need to see how is the bike then i can add or take out things. The other option could be adding slightly quite link pipe and add open airfilter with short back cylinder stack. then i should hit the numbers i want 165 hp and 140 nm but that means alot more money to be spend. and dyno is expensive !

MR C
675cc
675cc

Post by MR C » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:34 pm

@Tancakar enlighten me why you don't think you cannot get more hp from a stock bike when they come out the factory so lean, what about heat soak from the front cylinder ! Did your Dyno op mention the rear cylinder is really lean ! Did he map the cylinders different !

Sounds as tho your clutching at straws and spunked £1k up the wall ! put the Airbox back on and the original cat and leave the pc5 and go back to the Dyno I bet it makes better figures.
Last edited by MR C on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.