250cc
250cc
City: Metro NY
Year: 2018

Re: Dash blanked out after stall and restart

Post by Rock » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:14 am

Aussie Dave wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:07 pm
Rock, when i pulled my battery out to help solve a query about replacement batteries, I noticed it came out easy (the ECU stands up out of the way).

But...... I struggled to get it back in, and the ECU plate would not sit flat again. I found I had caught part of the +ve side wiring harness and it was jamming tight between the battery and holder. Once I tied this portion of wiring away, the battery slipped in effortlessly and the ECU fell into place easily. I hope the wiring on yours hasn't been crimped/pulled/cracked...... if this occurred on your bike..(it is in a plastic sleeve so woud be hard to inspect).

I'd watch that volt readout on your dash..... I think it's in the General or Favorites menu....... it should show 10.5v or better while cranking and 14v with engine idling at 1500rpms. If not then there is either a battery problem or the alternator is not pouring enough juice into the system or the regulator rectifier has gone wobbly. This method of checking the 'cold cranking' (or first start in the morning) is basically a load test on the battery and anything under 9.5v means the battery is about to die or hasn't got enough grunt to turn the motor and provide spark. Batteries can be sneaky little buggers - showing 12v on a voltmeter with engine off, but they collapse under load (a good/new battery will show 13v across the terminals and 11+v cranking). Terminals must as the other Dave said, be spotlessly clean and also the +ve & -ve lead ends must be clean.

Lets us know what is happening eh?

Ps just remembered, the battery terminal 'posts' (the lead posts) can break...... mine flex a bit as I check the terminals are bolted tight....... could be a hidden fault inside/out of sight. Does your battery tender indicate the battery is accepting charge?
I think there was crimping and stuffing even before I got to it, then I may have made it worse. I can't see anything that looks too bad but you never knows. The battery accepted the charge by the way, it took a while, so I assume the contact points are okay, though the hot lead looks a little beat up.

Dave, the bike never started so I don't know what the charging volts would be. When it last ran on Monday it was hitting 13.9/14 so at least the charging system was working good. I think the battery not being sufficiently charged (it just finished charging now and is supposedly at 100% according to my charger) and the recent oil change made it hard to turn over and the attempts drained the battery. I told the dealer to put lighter oil in and he was like "nah." Nah this f'cker! I'm sure that has something to do with it. It's been under 45 degrees here consistently and new heavy synth oil probably did not help. I've read on the other forum that the bike didn't start with heavy oil at 40 degrees, But still, the battery seems to struggle. It has since I got the bike.

I'll pop the battery back in tomorrow if I can and see what happens. Maybe the jump from the car was unsuccessful do to the ground not contacting enough grounding metal.

DaveNZ
990cc
990cc
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Post by DaveNZ » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 am

Its looking more like a dead battery, but the bike should of started with jumper leads on the terminals, have you checked the main fuses?? removing a battery could have earthed the pos and blown a fuse.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Rock
250cc
250cc

Post by Rock » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:28 am

DaveNZ wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 am
Its looking more like a dead battery, but the bike should of started with jumper leads on the terminals, have you checked the main fuses?? removing a battery could have earthed the pos and blown a fuse.
No Dave I have not checked the fuses. If they got damaged wouldn't the dash not work? It seems lights, dash, blinkers all work fine. I will still check tomorrow. Just got home and am too tired.
I will test the battery tomorrow. Shame on me for not getting another voltage meter.

I guess I'll know if it's fixable by me or in need of a tow to the dealer tomorrow.
btw, I did not put the negative jumper lead on the terminal. I attached it to the frame instead. I think it was you that said the paint can interfere.

DaveNZ
990cc
990cc

Post by DaveNZ » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:53 am

Does your solenoid click when the key and ignition is turned on, if the battery is low, the solenoid just clicks, check the connections are tight on it also.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Rock
250cc
250cc

Post by Rock » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:51 pm

I did get a click so that's why I was kind of sure it was the battery but after charging the battery again fully it still didn't work so I took it to an auto parts store. They tested it and everything was fine. All the proper volts and amperage readings were there, no bad cells, etc., they said it started flashing replace battery. They did not know why but they felt strongly it should be adhered to. So fortunately one dealer/store in a mile radius had the Yuasa so I got one fast.
After I installed it- pain in the arse as usual- I checked all the connections and all looked look. I turned the key and there was instant kick which was a good sign but it was being stubborn. It finally started and I was relieve but very tentative. The dealer said not to charge the battery but I think I should have hooked it up real quick. after it started I left it running and quickly got my gear on and went for an hour ride. It was charging at 14.1 which was odd as I've never seen it go over 14 and mostly have seen it charging at 13.9v. Anyway, I rode to a local shop after a bit to shut it off and make sure it started again after 15 minutes. I figured it was a safe place to do that. I kicked right away and I rode home. I have to assume it's fully charged at this point. I did allot of highway to make sure the revs were always high.

Just kind of wierd. New battery after six months? What killed it? Yuasa is not known for defects.

Aussie Dave
990cc
990cc
City: Brisbane
Year: 2017

Post by Aussie Dave » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 pm

Hmmmm, I'm wondering if the GT drains more power than it is supposed to....... I've been off the road for most of this year, and was starting my GT once a month, and putting the charger (a Ctek MXS 3.8) on once a month...... then in October it wouldn't start first go (so I thought stale fuel, or battery drained down by 6 months minimal running/charging)...... so I now have the smart charger on 24/7 and some fresh fuel - but the Honda just sits there, not on a charger, and still starts even with a 3 yr old battery........ go figure huh?

Given your issues, and some in the SDR section..... I'm wondering if there is a power drain issue or if the GT's brain & systems keep working when parked - compared to my Honda (only the clock draining power when parked)....... :?:

Maybe Yuasa isn't good enough anymore....... maybe it's the Lithium era....... :?:

Oh, that's right, forgot to mention..... there is a recall out for 'inspect the fuse box'...... I have to get that done when I drop in for the BREMBO recall and the fuel pump swap....... maybe there's something not right in the fuse box :?:

Ps No need to hold the revs up to put volts into the battery...... all newer bikes idle at 1500rpm anyway and the system pumps 14v in at those revs. I've always put a new battery on a charger before first install even though it isn't necessary as they come 3/4 charged....... old habits eh?

Pps....... must remember to test with my new voltmeter.... just to confirm the accuracy of the dash volts readout...... now I'm doubting everything...... :lol: :roll:
Last edited by Aussie Dave on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current delights...1290GT-2017, CBR1100XX-2005

Prev loves...Capo1200TP-014, CBR11xx-002, 2xFZR1000genisis-94, FJ1200-89, FJ1100-84, XS1100P, VF1000F-83, CX500, VF750S, KZ1000J1-81, KZ1000ST-79, CB750F2-77, CB360T-74, CB175.. started it all in 1974 ;)

Rock
250cc
250cc

Post by Rock » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:01 am

Dave, this bike definitely has parasitic draws. Stuff is happening when the bike is off. I've let bikes sit in the snow for a week and they've started. this bike is a little tough and it seems for most all of us. I think once it's under 50 degrees consistently things change. I've read elsewhere that's its imperative to put the lighter oil in when it drops down so it can start easier. Between the draw when the bikes off, the big twin, and the weather, the battery has it's work cut out for it. I've also found that when I did not shut the heated grips off before I shut the bike off it was rough starting the next day. This is an active brain unlike mine :D

I definitely want to go Lithium after this. Supposedly this bike won't start with an 80% charged battery in 40 degree weather so perhaps I should have charged it. ANd I guess you're right about the revs. That's yesterday's thinking. This bike does charge 14v with revs 2k and better. At idle it was 13.6-13.9, which is still good but in this weather you have to kick it up a bit more, but all in all I didn't need to rev the nuts out of it. Well, sort of :lol:

I have not heard about the fuse box and the dealer said nothing when I spoke to him today. Do you have a 2016 or 2017? I'll check on the forum to see if anyone else in north america has heard of this recall. That certainly would pose an electrical problem.

trust nothing! Test it regularly!

DaveNZ
990cc
990cc

Post by DaveNZ » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:15 am

With 4 bikes to ride my GT can sit for 2 weeks at a time, 3 weeks and it struggles to start, but does start eventually, so once a week i put the battery tender on it over night (my battery tender services 4 bikes). Damp cold air drains batteries fast, and the GT uses power while idle. But Rock, glad to hear the GT has at least started, sounds like you had a weak battery. As to oil in winter months and riding, id drop to 5W50, i run my GT all year round on 10W60 motul, its a heavy oil, but not too heavy while cold. Our winters range from average day temps of 10-14C winter and 20-28C over summer, so 10W60 seems to be ok year round, but if your experiencing below zero day temps, then it might be a case for a 5W50 weight oil to help with cold starting. Glad to hear your mobile at last before winter sets in.

Aussie Dave
990cc
990cc

Post by Aussie Dave » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:06 pm

Cheers Dr Rock & cousin Dave ;) :lol:

Rock, my GT is an 017 model (I bought it fresh off the docks in late Jan 2017) so my oem Yuasa is now almost 2yo and this year has not been kind to it - sitting idle for weeks and only running the motor up to operating temp once a month...... so I'm expecting this battery to expire prematurely........ aaaargh, if only my left shoulder would settle down and free up, I would be riding by now if I didn't have an inflamed bursa (the sheath around the tendons over the shoulder)...... godddamnit..... perfect riding weather going to waste....again... :x .

I'm starting to suspect the oem Yuasa YTZ14 is the bare minimum required to boot the 1301 into life and while it works ok here in warm/hot Aus-land, it might struggle in colder climates....... we all know big high compression twins are much harder to start than a 4 cyl (one pot ready to fire at all times vs 2x sucks followed by 2x 13-1 squeezes before the boom boom happens) :twisted: ..... but still, a fresh battery should last 2yrs. In fact, I had no issues in the 10 months of 2017 that I clocked up 11,300kms before being sidelined with stronger symptoms, and ultimately cardiac by-pass surgery.

Unless...... maybe there was/is a bad batch issue from the Yuasa factory :?: ........ anyway, the oem battery is only 200cca so I'd recommend buying something else...... with say 350cca...... either AGM Pb acid or Lithium (eg Shorai = top quality Japanese manuf). The Lithiums are supposed to not need as much charging when in long term hibernation compared to a Pb acid type).

Oh, yeah, the fuse box..... :roll: ..... I'll drop in to my dealership soon and let them know I'm still alive - and ask what the 'inspect fuse box' is all about. last time I was there in July they confirmed I was to have the Brembo fix and the fuel pump precautionary recall done, and said they will also check the fuse box. I didn't ask why as I was always expecting to be riding again soon...... :roll:..... who knew eh :lol:

Oh well..... I'm nearly there now...... recovered from the surgery - just need the side issues to evaporate so i can throw my leg over again.. 8-)

Ps Rock, KTM recommend 10w40 or 10w50 oils (in my owners manual)...... I think the Motorex 10w40 full syn would be ok for colder climates as it seems to be quite viscous..... but I have no experience with living in a snow bound climate and I use 15w50 all year round here in mild/hot Aus-land ;)

Prev loves...Capo1200TP-014, CBR11xx-002, 2xFZR1000genisis-94, FJ1200-89, FJ1100-84, XS1100P, VF1000F-83, CX500, VF750S, KZ1000J1-81, KZ1000ST-79, CB750F2-77, CB360T-74, CB175.. started it all in 1974 ;)

Rock
250cc
250cc

Post by Rock » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:55 am

It seems as though you guys are having allot less problems over in Oz and NZed, so maybe this battery is border like like you say ADave. NZDave it has been under 5 degree celsius here lately at night. Damp too from snow and rain. With the heavy weight oil maybe enough to kill a 6 month old battery.

ADave no way the battery would last here with what yours went through. Not these past few weeks at least. Definitely seems like a lithium is a must.

It started right up this morning in 38 degree (fahrenheit) temps and was fine until the dash blanked out during lunch when I was taking a spin. Stall and blank out again. BUt after a few minutes it started up and was fine but the check engine light came on. I was like crap! Probably nothing but still. I'm concerned that it stalled while in neutral at a stop light. That was weird. I'm going to winterize the bike next week and put her away for the winter. I worry about it when spring comes.

Dave I don't think this bike would start with 15 weight in it. It's almost like we have different bikes!

Aussie Dave
990cc
990cc

Post by Aussie Dave » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:48 am

Yeah Doc Rock.... something screwy going on with yours...... it's like somethings loose or shorting out at random...... hope mine never gets shitty with me...... all that electrickery..... could give a guy grey hair if it plays up.....

A pity one of the forum members wasn't a KTM technician - like over on the Caponord1200 forum, the guy has clued onto several sources of problems and come up with easy solutions....... maybe in time the KTM network will be the same...... but for now we are the pioneers ;) ...... a faulty "drop" sensor (cuts engine when bike falls over) was a huge source of similar issues on the Italian bike...... wonder if KTM use the same shitty little 3 pin plug in module as Aprilia???

I'm going for coffee with my ratbag mates tomorrow (Saturday) and will drop in to my KTM service guys - might be lucky, they may have an idea about dash blanking/stalling - it's gotta be something fixable.... once we clue onto the source... ;)

Oh yeah..... we are at 32deg C and it's not even officially summer yet...... well, that's Saturday 1Dec so I guess the weather is not far off, though it's a record breaking heatwave with huge California style fires out of control up north (800kms away thank fk - yes we have the B737 and the HS146 water bombers in action but the wind is too strong and the fire fighters are unable to get on top of the blazes)......20,000 acres/hectares so far are blackened dust..... :twisted:

My winter is mostly 9-10deg C overnight for a few days or a week or two in July-August :D . I can go and find subzero temps if I want to ride up into the mountains..... I guess I'd be a 10w40 or 5w/40 guy if I had wet white stuff on the ground........ Hah, the car dealership put 5w30 full syn in the Tucson when I had to get the first service done..... I tried to convince them that 5w40 might be better for our hot climate, but they weren't interested....... so I'll play along until I think the thin shit is stuffed and get my local guy to slip in a better grade if he agrees - I realize the Hyundai dealer might be correct, and since I've not been able to clock enough kms to argue from experience, it's another 'we shall see' scenario... :lol:

There is another guy in the UK having similar symptoms to yours...... must have a look and see if he has found out anything new (he might be an SDR owner...... brain is a bit cooked this afternoon... :roll: ).

Aussie Dave
990cc
990cc

Post by Aussie Dave » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:57 am

Here's the latest intel - hot off the press at my local KTM service centre..... :D

I dropped in to say g'day to Ian and Matt at KTM Springwood this morning, and asked about Rock and Mick's dash blankouts and stalling issues........ and I learned a lot........ ;)

So here it is (hopefully I have remembered all the good bits - it is stinking hot today :lol: )

1 - Stalling....... first thing to check is if the fuel balance pipe tap has been turned 'on' again. The fuel gauge is on the right side and the fuel pump is on the left so it is possible for the SDR/GT to run out of fuel while the gauge is showing plenty of fuel.......

2 - The fuel pump recall is due to an oversize 'o' ring in certain models fuel pumps.

3 - Ethanol eats into filter media if at more than 10%.... so if this has affected your bike, you may have blocked injectors.

4 - It is vital to get all KTM software updates current for all systems...... there may be fixes/refinements.

5- Batteries may be up to 3yrs old by the time they are installed in a bike...... you can be unlucky and Matt agreed that there has been battery issues - the standard spec Yuasa only has 200cca so I say look for an AGM Pb acid with 350cca or go Lithium if you are flush with cash.

6 - Here's where making your service tech (not a sales guy) your new best friend pays dividends..... get the guys to reset your parameters for the fueling under 4k rpms...... these may have been set to pass ridiculously stringent emissions levels and could be making your bike stall at idle.

7 - For the USA..... Matt says "Rottweiler" probably knows more about 1290 tuning than most dealerships ;)

8 - He also said KTM actually recommend changing oils at 7.500kms - the 15000kms interval is bullshit and is a result of legal requirements to gain emissions accreditation (and I have no doubt this has caused excessive wear in some 1290 cyl heads due to oil fatigue).

9 - The 'Inspect fuse box' I mentioned is just to check all fuses are pushed in properly.......

10 - Do not attempt to start the motor before the system check has been completed..... Matt did explain how rushing a start can cause lots of issues with software recognition, but I was suffering info overload....... sorry.

Phew, hopefully ..... and I'm sure your problems are something to do with the above...... this will steer you guys onto the issue affecting your bikes - Matt is a KTM trained technician working for KTM. He owns a 1090 (so he has skin in the game)...and he knows KTM is the best ;) ....... most issues are sourced to poor fuels/servicing, or abuse.

The earlier 1290R's (eg 2014/15) had some oil jet blockage issues with semi syn oils but the later 1290GTs (2016- on) had updated systems and starter motors with bigger brushes etc etc....... too much to talk about except to say get on first name basis with a trained KTM mechanic...... same advice applies to BMW/Ducati/Aprilia/Triumph/etc etc...... they all need a computer to keep them running perfectly.

Cheers all

Rock
250cc
250cc

Post by Rock » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:46 am

Wow Dave I feel like we should pay you for your research and report :D Thank you sir!

I think I'm okay with point one as I have run her down pretty low according to the gauge and not run out. Although I have not done the filter or injectors favors by running low.

As to ethanol, unfortunately it's unavoidable in the US with all the friggin' corn subsidies, but i think they're capped at 10% around here. But you never know. A little fuel conditioner now and then would probably not be bad.

As to the updates, I called KTM today and finally got through (not a good sign),or rather a call back, and he said according to their records I had all the updates.

Interesting about the batteries. As my bike was picked up in May It was probably sitting around for a while, and if it's not suitable for the bike, and I don't think it is, I think lithium is only way to go given the room in the box and the weight of anything more powerful. That's good to know as it means there's not an inherit problem with the bikes electrical system.

Your point 6 concerns me because I have stalled at idle. In neutral, with the clutch level pulled in, and while rolling in traffic. I've talked to the dealer about this and I don't trust them to do it. I may look to Rottweiler to deal with this.

The dealer told me oil change should be done at every 4k miles and I never do less than one a year anyway so I was never going to go that long without changes. And again, I may use "summer oil" and a "winter oil." Shame on anyone for suggesting a change at that long an interval.

I think your point 10 is pretty important as this is when the blanked dashed seems to happen. The quick start after a stall. As I've always been in traffic when it happened it was a bit of a panic start and I supposed it did not give the ecu sufficient time to cycle through its boot up/loading process. This is user error. Of course the stalling is the genesis of the issue.

This Matt guy sounds like a gem. Thanks for sharing this info (and obtaining it). It makes me feel better about the bike as these issues can be avoided without much effort. The only thing that doesn't make me feel better is that there's only one KTM tech at my dealer and you don't have an opportunity to really speak to him and the service manager stands between you and he, and the dealer itself is a bit far away. One thing that I think is always on a a prospective KTMs owners mind is dealer location because of these issues. A bike like this requires a "Matt" to be somewhere nearby. Ultimately this one thing can be what makes me get rid of the bike prematurely.

Thanks again Dave. This was really great. I owe you a free medical exam in return :lol:

mick shere
Supporter
Supporter
City: Plymouth

Post by mick shere » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:48 pm

Wow, they sound like great guys and certainly seem to know their stuff :-)

DaveNZ
990cc
990cc

Post by DaveNZ » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 pm

We have a similar bike shop (KTM) in Hamilton, its 200kms away, but theres nice corners inbetweem, we also have a recently acquired KTM dealer in my home town, i stupidly took mine there for the recall on the brake leaver (3 months ago) still haven't heard a thing, should have gone to hamilton.

Aussie Dave
990cc
990cc

Post by Aussie Dave » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Cheers all....... no biggie...... it was a Saturday morning and the guys weren't busy...... so I got invited out the back into the workshop 8-)

Geeze cousin Dave...... they have kept your GT in jail for 3 months just for the brake plunger job? It's probably still ok to ride it errrrr, well, tour gently anyway, until the 20c part arrives in the mail :shock:

I agree with Dr Rock on the 15k km (err wassat in miles.... clickety click....9375mls) book service interval - total bullshit as there isn't a bike oil that will ever last that long...... but KTM (and all the others) must specify that to gain emissions accreditation or else they can't sell the model...... they rely on common sense and the dealers to advise new owners to halve the interval - or get severe camshaft wear like in the photo's on an earlier thread...... stupid regulations...... :roll:

Now if my shoulder will come good, I am keen to get my GT down to Springwood for it's fuel pump 'o' ring and Brembo piston and fuse check as well as an early 15k service....... I want them to install my K&N airfilter and check/update software and even though my oil has only done 1,300kms since 1Oct 017.... I'm changing to Top Speed Motorex 15w50 synth as Matt advised they had seen problems with earlier gen SDR's using semi syn 15w50 (and mine has been siting around since Feb 018).

:mrgreen:

Aussie Dave
990cc
990cc

Post by Aussie Dave » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:00 pm

mick shere wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:48 pm
Wow, they sound like great guys and certainly seem to know their stuff :-)
Cheers Mick, That seems to be the key issue - Matt said he has two contact points if he is ever stumped on a KTM and also KTM Aus have improved their game from the early days...... better parts holding/pricing and fast warranty claim (if required). I think they have invested in good training for their service tech's too.

Of course it helps if your service guy owns a big Kato tooo....... nothing like having some enthusiasm for the brand..... 8-)

Aussie Dave
990cc
990cc

Post by Aussie Dave » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi Rock & Mick....... exile88 has posted (in the comparo 2019-2018 thread) that his new dealership found damaged fuel pump connectors and other badly re-connected wiring from a rush job 30k service to be the cause of his issues.

May be worth carefully inspecting under the tank to make sure all wiring & connectors are correct and not damaged....... I'm uncertain if his bike is running 100% from his post, but I gather he will report soon after a test ride.

This is the curse of high tech machinery - dealerships just shouldn't put time pressure on mechanics to clear a service away in the allotted time (some jobs just take longer than the book allows)...... only leads to angry customers and bad PR.

Rock
250cc
250cc

Post by Rock » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 am

I think my bike may have come from another dealer to my dealer prepped. There was allot of loose stuff on my bike that left the KTM tech scratching his head, which led me to believe he didn't uncrate it.
The bikes been well behaved since Saturday. I know they said my ground wire was loose, there was black gunk on the terminals and contacts, the plug for the electronic suspension into my shock was out, all kinds of evidence of sloppy work. Then KTM gets the blame.

Like you said Dave it's too complicated of a bike to rush the prep or service.

Aussie Dave
990cc
990cc

Post by Aussie Dave » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Just had a thought bubble.. :o .... happens a lot at my age.... :lol:

Over on the Caponord 1200 & RSV4 forums they are talking about dash blanking out (particularly on a hot start) and one tech guy added an extra wire from his battery to the starter motor....... this is an old trick and was based on wiring getting hot, thus loosing conductivity...... the Capponord V2 used to struggle to start and once hot you had to try 2-3 times to get it to restart (dash would go blank while trying)..... but it would always fire up and run properly, so the KTM may not have the same issue (ie small dia wiring to the starter motor).

I'm thinking.... and that's always risky :roll:...... it's most likely software out of synch with itself..... saw a post in here somewhere - owner had his software reloaded by the dealership and the bike was fine again.

Sorry i couldn't recall all the details about software getting out of synch with itself (fast starting or incomplete downloads - Matt at KTM covered a lot in quick time and my little brain was spinning out ;) ), but that does seem a more plausible cause of weird issues like dash blanking and engine stalling at odd times..... hope this helps - your local technicians may not have encountered this issue if they don't sell many KTM's - my dealer has been a KTM agent for a long long time so has a good experience base and sells heaps of Kato's).

Raining at last..... whew, temps now pleasant ..... fires up north are under control after destroying over 1 million acres (500,000 hectares) of forest/towns/farms.... now it's cyclone season... ho ho bloody ho..eh :twisted: