Tancakar
675cc
675cc
City: London
Year: 2016

Burned Valve servo motor

Post by Tancakar » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:18 pm

hi all

just logging a fault here not going to moan about it! I have a 2016 GT and 7000 miles on it. My servo motor decided to not work last sunday. went to the dealer they checked it and is exhaust valve servo motor. So they order the part and they told me i can still ride the bike although its in limp mode there is nothing to damage the engine.
still waiting for the part have a massive MTC error all the time on the screen and the bike doesnt go over 5000 rpm .

if this happens to you , you know where to look now :)

AllanP
Supporter
Supporter
City: Austin
Year: 2010

Re: Burned Valve servo motor

Post by AllanP » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Annoying but nothing was damaged when the one on my 2016 failed too but be careful if the Failure Warning cancels itself.

I rode my bike for a week on a road trip with the failure warning on most of the time, but every now and again I would restart the engine after stopping for some reason (food, fuel etc) and the Failure Warning would not come back on. I'd start off down the road and could ride for hours but then the Failure Warning would decide to come back on and when it did it would cut ALL power to the engine for a brief period before going into the limp mode. Others have experienced this too and if you loose all power at the wrong time it could land you in a lot of trouble.

kdm06d
125cc
125cc
City: Orlando
Year: 2016

Re: Burned Valve servo motor

Post by kdm06d » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 am

me too