Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

DaveNZ
675cc
675cc
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:20 pm
Country: New Zealand
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by DaveNZ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Im gutted for Tancankar, I've had a good run so far with mine, a few little niggles, the stand spur breaking, the horn not working when hot, and the quick shifter not working at first, all have been rectified by the dealer, and promptly, we have a great dealer here in Boyds Motorcycles, they also have great mechanics, the reason i went to this bike shop. As for the suspension. i have a 1200 multi with TTX Ohlins, its the best suspension on the market, comparing the Multi to the GT, well there is some short comings with the electronic WP. but its not bad. Things I've noticed, rebound too fast in wet mode and feels pogoish, but ok for slow riding, and around town, street mode is very good for genaral riding, quite plush when pushed, but doesn't get too out of shape like wet mode, Sport mode is where i do most of my riding, yes it has a firm edge to it, this is because the GT runs softer spring rates to give a softer ride in Wet and Street mode, the consequence is, theres more comp required to firm up for sport mode, which inturn can give a harsher edge to the suspension. I'm overall happy with the range of suspension settings, KTM have tried to make this bike cover a wider rage of riding styles, i.e. touring to sport, so theres going to be some compromise in the bikes handling in various suspension settings. My 2 favourite settings for single rider are , sport mode Suspension-1 rider, and i often ride in street mode 1 rider and luggage. for 2up, I'm in Street mode 2 people and luggage, its too soft with just the 2 people setting. Hope you have more luck with your bike going forward.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Aussie Dave
900cc
900cc
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:30 am
Country: Australia
City: Brisbane
Year: 2017

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by Aussie Dave » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Geezze, dead blattery after 5000m (8000kms).....I haven't even looked at mine - I assume it's a Yuasa - but I wonder if there could be a problem with a battery charger (do you have snow covered winter hiberantion?) - I ask this because I suspect I killed a battery using a possibly defective charger that I binned because i just didn't trust it anymore....... or maybe a stator not pumping out enough watts.....hell, I'm only guessing as I don't know the bike, but I had a stator fritz out on my last bike (actually, same for the one prior to it.. :lol: ) had both rewound with HD wire and was happy again..... it isn't fun trying to source issues that don't have an obvious cause......and long distance problem solving is, well, errr, just guessing.....

Do you have a more experienced or knowledgeable bike shop mechanic in your area? Most problems come down to something simple.....it's finding the 'simple' bit that is the problem..... ;)

Best wishes for resolving your bikes issues quickly..
Current delights...1290GT-2017, CBR1100XX-2005

Prev loves...Capo1200TP-014, CBR11xx-002, 2xFZR1000genisis-94, FJ1200-89, FJ1100-84, XS1100P, VF1000F-83, CX500, VF750S, KZ1000J1-81, KZ1000ST-79, CB750F2-77, CB360T-74, CB175.. started it all in 1974 ;)

JDS1290SDr
675cc
675cc
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 am
Country: Canada
City: Edmonton
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by JDS1290SDr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Excuse me for my ignorance on the GT. But I have to ask a question on the suspension.
Can U not fine tune the settings? Cant the compression & rebound be fine tuned in each setting?
I like the way I can adjust the C/R on the old Multi with the Ohlins. Can even electronically set the rear pre-load. Have to do the front pre-load manually. That was & is a good set up.
PRESENT STABLE
2015 Black SDR
2010 450 SXF
2010 450 XC-W Six days
2010 Ducati Multistrada
2010 Victory Cross Country
PAST
Way to many to mention

DaveNZ
675cc
675cc
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:20 pm
Country: New Zealand
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by DaveNZ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 am

I have the Ohlins Multi, and the SCU, the whole suspension formate on the early multi,s was fantastic, but i guess expensive. there doesn't seem to be any scope on the Electronic WP suspension for fine tuning, only a 5mm reduction on rear preload by the looks of it, Its an electronic system that alters its self on the fly.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Aussie Dave
900cc
900cc
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:30 am
Country: Australia
City: Brisbane
Year: 2017

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by Aussie Dave » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:02 am

On the suspension fine tuning Q......I thought the service tech's were able to drill into the system and tweak settings - maybe I was dreaming as my local techs were not able to re-set my tyre low pressure 'warning' settings (so I could run lower pressures than the super high 36-42psi for solo unloaded riding in all weather without being distracted by nanny state 'Warnings')...they could only turn the 'LP warnings' off.

It appears not to be a rider menu setting......I've not found anything I can play with other than the basic set favourites, DRL etc on/off, etc etc......although.....I thought I had read in a KTM1190 forum/bike mag, something (but can't recall or find the article......) along the lines of a few extra presses of a certain button and access to 'other' functions/adjustments were possible..... not detailed in the owners manual (we are only the dummies who ride the things - so why would we want to personalise beyond 'psi' or 'Bar'... :roll: ).

Hell, they can't even set my clock to 12hr instead of 24hr format........luckily I'm ok with street damping and I don't mind comfort while slogging along on a motorway.....will see what I think after more kms - I'm only a newbie on GT's with 1500km/940m... :)

So it might be possible - big question is - who has the knowledge?.......is it in a workshop manual? Maybe a suspension tuner has capability to break in and adjust values........it's the sort of thing that requires a lot of testing to get just right.....
Current delights...1290GT-2017, CBR1100XX-2005

Prev loves...Capo1200TP-014, CBR11xx-002, 2xFZR1000genisis-94, FJ1200-89, FJ1100-84, XS1100P, VF1000F-83, CX500, VF750S, KZ1000J1-81, KZ1000ST-79, CB750F2-77, CB360T-74, CB175.. started it all in 1974 ;)

Tancakar
675cc
675cc
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 pm
Country: UK
City: London
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by Tancakar » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:47 pm

DaveNZ wrote:I have the Ohlins Multi, and the SCU, the whole suspension formate on the early multi,s was fantastic, but i guess expensive. there doesn't seem to be any scope on the Electronic WP suspension for fine tuning, only a 5mm reduction on rear preload by the looks of it, Its an electronic system that alters its self on the fly.
unlike the ducati Multistarada 1200s or Yamaha M1 the settings cant be adjust fine tune. Its an automatic system, you can click the damping or load but not more then that.

AllanP
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 am
Country: USA
City: Austin
Year: 2010

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by AllanP » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm also disappointed for Tancakar, that was a really bad experience.

Its a beautiful day here in Central Texas and I should be out riding but my bike is in at the dealers for several warranty problems. I'm actually hopeful about getting these problems resolved and one day being able to post about extended mileage without a problem. After all, I did 12k miles on my 2008 990 SD with only two issues and one of those not actually a total failure, I also have a friend who just sold his 990SD with 80K miles on the clock! It certainly has had some issues and he ended up carrying a spare stator with him on road trips but all in all not too bad.

I would be really interested to know what you guys would consider acceptable reliability for this bike in terms of miles/kilometers between component or system failures ?

Aussie Dave
900cc
900cc
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:30 am
Country: Australia
City: Brisbane
Year: 2017

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by Aussie Dave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 am

Hi Allan, I'm expecting the same reliability as my 05 Honda CBR1100xx.......now that's not too high a bar for the biggest Euro bike maker....or is it?

Time will tell........the only hicccup with my GT so far is the damaged coolant hose...... I must have got the one a worker slipped on while the boss wasn't looking.......an inconvenience more than a reliability issue.....after all, the Honda had one recall to check a seal on a brake plunger......oh, and it had a stator quit at 77,000kms which I had re-wound locally with heavier gauge wire....no more failures....still strong at 130k kms and not using oil either!

So, this Euro stuff had better measure up......it has seduced me from the Japanese stuff while they chase the race replica market, so far, I'm impressed with the high tech, great power/handling/feel and styling but the land of the rising sun is slowly waking up (again)...... I really do like the power this GT puts to the ground! And the big fuel tank, and the brakes, and the bright lights, light weight, brilliant cruise control (once you master it) blah blah......

I'm anticipating lower service costs ( less frequent @ 30k kms for major services with easier access to plugs/shims/airfilter etc) than the Italian stuff.....eg my Caponord 1200TP was nice but all an owner could do was change the engine oil, clutch fluid, check tyre pressure.....the rest required a full workshop and a laptop with official software and special tools........bloody hell......in 2013-17..... :shock:...although to be fair, the Gt will be a bitch for wheel removal/bearing greasing due to the SS swingarm and need for F & R paddock stands vs any bike with a centre stand.. :roll:

The Austrians at least nearly got the gearing perfect......the Italians have no idea :lol:
Current delights...1290GT-2017, CBR1100XX-2005

Prev loves...Capo1200TP-014, CBR11xx-002, 2xFZR1000genisis-94, FJ1200-89, FJ1100-84, XS1100P, VF1000F-83, CX500, VF750S, KZ1000J1-81, KZ1000ST-79, CB750F2-77, CB360T-74, CB175.. started it all in 1974 ;)

AllanP
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 am
Country: USA
City: Austin
Year: 2010

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by AllanP » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:44 am

MR C wrote:
Tancakar wrote:quality issues is the biggest problem, wont be coming back to KTM till they fixed these
What issues do you have ?

I'm really intrigued because after owning 13 and 14 year Bmw GS WC the XR and 2 Multi dvt's, these bikes all had issues and my GT has none whatsoever ! Maybe I've just been lucky with the GT.
I'm intrigued buy your experience also. Owner boards like this one can be fun and very helpful but I think they do tend to focus on the problems and its nice to hear from someone who hasn't had any. Can I ask how many miles you have on your bike and how old it is?

MR C
675cc
675cc
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 am
Country: UK
City: Derbyshire
Year: 2016

Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by MR C » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 pm

AllanP wrote:
MR C wrote:
Tancakar wrote:quality issues is the biggest problem, wont be coming back to KTM till they fixed these
What issues do you have ?

I'm really intrigued because after owning 13 and 14 year Bmw GS WC the XR and 2 Multi dvt's, these bikes all had issues and my GT has none whatsoever ! Maybe I've just been lucky with the GT.
I'm intrigued buy your experience also. Owner boards like this one can be fun and very helpful but I think they do tend to focus on the problems and its nice to hear from someone who hasn't had any. Can I ask how many miles you have on your bike and how old it is?
Mine was one of the first batch and I took ownership beginning of June 16 by the end of September 16 I had done 5000 miles and since this date the bike had been Covered up, whilst I'm happy to ride in the rain I prefer not to ride through winter.

So the first couple of thousand miles I found the suspension (front) to be harsh however at 5k it's now so much better and I'm very happy with the suspension.

I had the fork seal weep and it cleared after the first service, was told it was bedding in .

Horn stopped working when it got hot behind the radiator, I just moved the horn and it has been fine since.

One of the rear led indicators had a fault, it would flash erratic (tbh I normal person would have not bothered but im slightly OCD) however rather than pay the dealer a visit and get it replaced foc under warranty i just replaced it myself, it's no hardship and I prefer it if I strip my bike down.

I had the tps cancelled out because I have carbon rims and I also had the dealer deactivate the 10 second indicator cancel because I found cars would pull out because the indicators would self cancel to soon.

Tbh the first batch of any new model has teething issues so it's really luck, and tbh the issues bods are moaning about are very minor and once you have one issue and not happy you automatically look to fault it more !! Try this if you think your have issues ! I brought one of the first batch of BMW GS WC bikes in 2013 from the off the bike had issues, clutch slipped, gearbox clunky, panniers never fitted (needed new rear subframe) and whilst BMW were sorting the issues I had a accident on the bike abroad because the steering stop had been welded in the wrong place ! BMW replaced the bike with a new 2014 GS and paid compensation however the new bike had to have a new engine after 2k because it leaked water due to a porous crankcase, so I've had my fair share of being a beta tester for other manufactures.

The GT is a great bike, I spent 10 solid days touring Spain and it really was the perfect bike, it handled everything perfectly and even in the shitty weather it was rock solid, I like its looks very angular and stylish and clean lines and the panel fit is a work of art, it's like a jigsaw to strip it down. I've made a few changes with the gearing, adjusted things to fit and suit myself and added some bling.
Last edited by MR C on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

DaveNZ
675cc
675cc
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:20 pm
Country: New Zealand
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by DaveNZ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Nice to hear some positive stuff regarding the GT, I've had minor niggles,and they were rectified promptly, so I'm very happy with KTMs new GT, i had a 1290R, and it also was very reliable, only a couple of minor quick fixs (rear axle replaced and tail light) both done and promptly, and no questions asked, no one likes having any niggles with bikes, but its how they put them right that counts, and KTM have been first class at this. Hey MrC, i also have noticed the suspension getting softer and more compliant as the milage racks up, i wonder if a lighter weight oil initially would have helped, or is it the electronics in this suspension freeing up and speeding up the changes it makes as components bed in. I wonder,either way, the suspension gets better with milage.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

Tancakar
675cc
675cc
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 pm
Country: UK
City: London
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by Tancakar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 am

MR C wrote:
AllanP wrote:
MR C wrote: What issues do you have ?

I'm really intrigued because after owning 13 and 14 year Bmw GS WC the XR and 2 Multi dvt's, these bikes all had issues and my GT has none whatsoever ! Maybe I've just been lucky with the GT.
I'm intrigued buy your experience also. Owner boards like this one can be fun and very helpful but I think they do tend to focus on the problems and its nice to hear from someone who hasn't had any. Can I ask how many miles you have on your bike and how old it is?
Mine was one of the first batch and I took ownership beginning of June 16 by the end of September 16 I had done 5000 miles and since this date the bike had been Covered up, whilst I'm happy to ride in the rain I prefer not to ride through winter.

So the first couple of thousand miles I found the suspension (front) to be harsh however at 5k it's now so much better and I'm very happy with the suspension.

I had the fork seal weep and it cleared after the first service, was told it was bedding in .

Horn stopped working when it got hot behind the radiator, I just moved the horn and it has been fine since.

One of the rear led indicators had a fault, it would flash erratic (tbh I normal person would have not bothered but im slightly OCD) however rather than pay the dealer a visit and get it replaced foc under warranty i just replaced it myself, it's no hardship and I prefer it if I strip my bike down.

I had the tps cancelled out because I have carbon rims and I also had the dealer deactivate the 10 second indicator cancel because I found cars would pull out because the indicators would self cancel to soon.

Tbh the first batch of any new model has teething issues so it's really luck, and tbh the issues bods are moaning about are very minor and once you have one issue and not happy you automatically look to fault it more !! Try this if you think your have issues ! I brought one of the first batch of BMW GS WC bikes in 2013 from the off the bike had issues, clutch slipped, gearbox clunky, panniers never fitted (needed new rear subframe) and whilst BMW were sorting the issues I had a accident on the bike abroad because the steering stop had been welded in the wrong place ! BMW replaced the bike with a new 2014 GS and paid compensation however the new bike had to have a new engine after 2k because it leaked water due to a porous crankcase, so I've had my fair share of being a beta tester for other manufactures.

The GT is a great bike, I spent 10 solid days touring Spain and it really was the perfect bike, it handled everything perfectly and even in the shitty weather it was rock solid, I like its looks very angular and stylish and clean lines and the panel fit is a work of art, it's like a jigsaw to strip it down. I've made a few changes with the gearing, adjusted things to fit and suit myself and added some bling.
there are no perfect bikes there are niggles on every bike my friend we all know this. But QUALITY issues are not cool from KTM. /Never been a fan of BMW bikes by the way how ever I had 2. 2012 bmw k1300s HP, 2013 BMW K1600 GT SE, they never miss a beat, full winter and full summer. MAY BE I WAS LUCKY!

KTM super duke 1290 GT still puts a smile on my face and loving the bike I am not against the bike I am against the KTM QUALITY CONTROL, everyone has to be careful in this economic climate. we want more for our money.

MR C
675cc
675cc
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 am
Country: UK
City: Derbyshire
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by MR C » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Tancakar wrote:
MR C wrote:
AllanP wrote: I'm intrigued buy your experience also. Owner boards like this one can be fun and very helpful but I think they do tend to focus on the problems and its nice to hear from someone who hasn't had any. Can I ask how many miles you have on your bike and how old it is?
Mine was one of the first batch and I took ownership beginning of June 16 by the end of September 16 I had done 5000 miles and since this date the bike had been Covered up, whilst I'm happy to ride in the rain I prefer not to ride through winter.

So the first couple of thousand miles I found the suspension (front) to be harsh however at 5k it's now so much better and I'm very happy with the suspension.

I had the fork seal weep and it cleared after the first service, was told it was bedding in .

Horn stopped working when it got hot behind the radiator, I just moved the horn and it has been fine since.

One of the rear led indicators had a fault, it would flash erratic (tbh I normal person would have not bothered but im slightly OCD) however rather than pay the dealer a visit and get it replaced foc under warranty i just replaced it myself, it's no hardship and I prefer it if I strip my bike down.

I had the tps cancelled out because I have carbon rims and I also had the dealer deactivate the 10 second indicator cancel because I found cars would pull out because the indicators would self cancel to soon.

Tbh the first batch of any new model has teething issues so it's really luck, and tbh the issues bods are moaning about are very minor and once you have one issue and not happy you automatically look to fault it more !! Try this if you think your have issues ! I brought one of the first batch of BMW GS WC bikes in 2013 from the off the bike had issues, clutch slipped, gearbox clunky, panniers never fitted (needed new rear subframe) and whilst BMW were sorting the issues I had a accident on the bike abroad because the steering stop had been welded in the wrong place ! BMW replaced the bike with a new 2014 GS and paid compensation however the new bike had to have a new engine after 2k because it leaked water due to a porous crankcase, so I've had my fair share of being a beta tester for other manufactures.

The GT is a great bike, I spent 10 solid days touring Spain and it really was the perfect bike, it handled everything perfectly and even in the shitty weather it was rock solid, I like its looks very angular and stylish and clean lines and the panel fit is a work of art, it's like a jigsaw to strip it down. I've made a few changes with the gearing, adjusted things to fit and suit myself and added some bling.

I am against the KTM QUALITY CONTROL, everyone has to be careful in this economic climate. we want more for our money.
Manufacturers are now run by accountants who pull the purse strings and Unfortunately we are victims of our own success and like you say we want more for our money so we're getting it in the form of the latest and greatest - electronic rider aids - Led lights Lcd dash - electronic suspension and so on, however this comes at a price because it will at some stage go wrong its a known fact that anything electrically advanced has a shelf life how long will it last ? Would you keep a bike so advanced out of warranty ? Whereas before you would keep your bike several years nowadays your to bloody scared incase it throws a light up and cost ££££ to fix.

AllanP
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 am
Country: USA
City: Austin
Year: 2010

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by AllanP » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:09 am

Just wanted to report that I picked up the bike from the dealer yesterday after the warranty work was done (MTC, Quick Shifter and Cruise control failure and intermittent starting problem). As DaveNZ suspected early in the thread, the dealer reported that all of the problems were related to the failure of the exhaust valve servo motor.

This was replaced, the control system re-set and I took the bike for 300km day ride yesterday and everything is running perfectly. I really appreciate all of the feed back and help and I've got my fingers crossed.

DaveNZ
675cc
675cc
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:20 pm
Country: New Zealand
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by DaveNZ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:45 am

The Exhaust servos has had a few failures, Allan, hope you have some trouble free miles ahead of you now, you deserve it, your a patient man.
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

AllanP
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 am
Country: USA
City: Austin
Year: 2010

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by AllanP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:59 pm

When I went to pick up my bike after the recall replacement of the fuel line yesterday the dealer's technician told me that he'd noticed the intermittent loud sound that I'd reported when I press the starter button and the engine cranks. It only does it on occasion and he had never actually heard it before and assumed it might be linked with the failing of the exhaust valve servo motor which has been replaced.

He contacted KTM and they advised him that it might be the torque limiter (I assume that this is a torque limiter in the starter system but did not get clarification on that) anyway .... the dealer has ordered a replacement part that KTM suggested, when that arrives I'll take the bike in and they will look into it. They won't know if it is the torque limiter until they actually get into the engine, but we will just have to wait and see.

It started OK at the dealers so I couldn't resit taking it out for a ride and did 161 miles yesterday afternoon. Great spring weather and the bike running well but I won't stray too far into the wilds until we get this sorted out.

I also fitted my KTM GPS mount which is very neat and very well positioned above the gauge cluster. I won't need a GPS to find the dealer's shop however, my bike spends more time there than it does at home and it can find its own way there :D

DaveNZ
675cc
675cc
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:20 pm
Country: New Zealand
City: New plymouth
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by DaveNZ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:55 pm

Its a great bike Allan, and i like your attitude, its a new motorcycle after all, it will get sorted and you will grin from ear ear,
2016 1290GT-remus link and muffler, 2010 Black 1200 Multistrada full Termi system with mapping, 2005 SMR 640, full Titanium system, Mikuni flatside racing carb, 2 sets of wheels, 18 litre tank, and a nice soft seat.

MR C
675cc
675cc
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 am
Country: UK
City: Derbyshire
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by MR C » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:03 pm

@Tancakar I've noticed your bike on eBay, have you had enuff fella ?

Aussie Dave
900cc
900cc
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:30 am
Country: Australia
City: Brisbane
Year: 2017

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by Aussie Dave » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:02 am

DaveNZ wrote:Its a great bike Allan, and i like your attitude, its a new motorcycle after all, it will get sorted and you will grin from ear ear,

Damned right fella.....I had a grin 'from ear to rear' on Saturday......due to the floods I just went for coffee with my Ducati desperado mates.....but had to do some lane filtering and errr, somewhat quicker take-offs than is respectable (traffic was insane - gridlocked).......oh yes......that QS and a hand full of throttle...... :lol: :lol: ....left a few 4 cyl GSXR YZF CBR riders struggling to get their clutch hands working......GT just disappears.....the other guys trickled down the next red traffic light queue, curious to know WTF was that orange thing..... :mrgreen:

And, again on Sunday....breakfast on Mt Glorious (because it had no flooded road closures) and race suited sports riders were giving me the 'thumbs up' signal as they floated past on the city expressway..... :D

People notice this bike...... ;).....it has cred
Current delights...1290GT-2017, CBR1100XX-2005

Prev loves...Capo1200TP-014, CBR11xx-002, 2xFZR1000genisis-94, FJ1200-89, FJ1100-84, XS1100P, VF1000F-83, CX500, VF750S, KZ1000J1-81, KZ1000ST-79, CB750F2-77, CB360T-74, CB175.. started it all in 1974 ;)

MR C
675cc
675cc
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 am
Country: UK
City: Derbyshire
Year: 2016

Re: Any reliable SD-GT's out there?

Post by MR C » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:36 pm

I must have a special production GT ! Because it's been in hibernation since sept 16 and had not been started until today and guess what ! It started first touch of the button and ran so smoothly on tickover, however I might REJECT IT because I found a spec of rust on a chain pin.

Whilst I had it out I stuck the 40 teeth sprox on and treated it to some titanium bolts for the Cush drive and sprox.

Image

Post Reply