kingram2410
50cc
50cc
City: Plymouth
Year: 2017
Model: Adventure

1290 with Wings Slip-on

Post by kingram2410 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:29 am

Hi folks, noob here, UK. Just gone back to orange after 8 years on Multistradas. Picked up a brand spanking new 1290 Superadventure S on Tuesday. LOVE it!

Having had KTMs before I knew about Wings exhausts & so had a slip-on waiting for the new bike to fit straight on. Sounds great, but waayyy too quiet, even with the big dB killer.

Now, my question is, the instructions that Wings give is implicitly that you should not run the can with no dB killer installed without a remap or suchlike. However, KTM don't do a map for this bike like they used to for the 990 adv etc. Has anyone here ignored this instruction & run one of these wonderful slip-ons without dB killers or a remap, and if so, were there any issues, or, has anyone actually had their bike remapped? If so, where??? My local KTM dealer says NO!

Alternatively, has anyone fitted a PCV, and, if so, where did they get the map from for the 1290 with Wings & no dB killer?

I have searched this great forum for the answers, but found nothing. Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

1coolbanana
500cc
500cc
City: Kenthurst
Year: 2015
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: Adventure

Re: 1290 with Wings Slip-on

Post by 1coolbanana » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:16 pm

I run my 1190R with the Wings and no Db killer because its simply runs better. :)
No issues for me, works fine.
I have friends with SA's and do the same, no issues.
No such instructions have been issued by the Au distributor.