nlovie
250cc
250cc
City: Huntly
Year: 2009
Model: Adventure

bent clutch pushrod

Post by nlovie » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:04 pm

seem's i've got off lightly with a broken chain but it did hit the clutch slave bending the mounts and the pushrod
I don't recall but should the clutch pushrod be able to pull out ? (i've got the small pin out and can move it a few mm in and out)

or do I need to remove something else -- appreciate your advise before I go take the clutch off and see if I can get at it from the other end

nlovie
250cc
250cc

Re: bent clutch pushrod

Post by nlovie » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:09 pm

got it - comes out the clutch side - its bent on the slave side :( = cut it

above is bollocks (not edited so this makes sense if you've already read this)

the pusher bush on the end at the clutch side is a light friction fit so you can punch the pushrod off it, then the rod comes out the slave side- easy, will try to straighten but the bend is right across where the seal sits maybe
will see if I can cut off the bent part and weld on a replacement

I want to try a bodgit repair = this could happen any place where a bodge maybe the only solution so best try it when replacement is an option to fall back on

nlovie
250cc
250cc

Post by nlovie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 am

job done
the pushrod was easy to straighten - its made of butter - made up a 9mm bore guide sleeve as a kinda "go - no go" check that it was straight

got the sheared off M6 bolts that clamp the Slave onto the crankcase out - that was a bit of nervous one - get the top one wrong and your messing with the crankcase - I used a small round nosed dia grinder bit on my dremel 1st to ensure I had the centre of the bolt before drilling ( cut out a small bowl with the dremel = gets yir centre and guides the drill bit)

the "chinese puzzle" was straightening the steel guard that works its way around the front sprocket - there really is 4 dimensions not 3 :) cause this thing was bent every way possible

the leaking slave was probably due to the piston being pulled off the seal at and angle by the push rod - a strip /clean and re assemble sorted it

and the seal doesn't seem to leak - hayho
I'm really not a cheapskate - I do have a new rod and seal on order - lets see if I need them

Tancakar
675cc
675cc
City: London
Year: 2016

Post by Tancakar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 pm

how come your chain is broken ? is it an OEM part ?