500cc
500cc
City: Islip
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: SMT

Windshield buffeting

Post by Sweetlou » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Anyone experience buffeting on their S model? In the down position I get a thumping on the top of my helmet. I am 5'8" for reference. I have a MRA deflector I'm going to add on to see if that helps. I still haven't tried the adjustments yet either!

thatsmybike
50cc
50cc
City: TADLEY
Year: 2017
Colour: Black
Model: Adventure

Re: Windshield buffeting

Post by thatsmybike » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi Sweetlou,

yeah I get buffeting on mine, I am 6' 3'' and have the screen on the highest setting, and the seat on the lowest. Changes a lot with what lid I use, with/without peak etc.

I have a mate with the 1290 T version and notice theres some adjuster bars on his screen that give it more adjustment, they are not too expensive, I might try and see if they fit mine at some point, I know they are available to order them from the dealer. Will let you know how that goes.

If that doesnt work I might wait for MRA or someone else to do a touring screen for it, I havent seen any available as yet, am not sure about the deflector, seems a lot of money for an add on that doesnt really look the same shape as the original screen (IMHO)

Other than that how are you getting on with the bike?, I have just had the initial service done and starting to give it the wrist, loving it so far.

Cheers

Rockbyter
125cc
125cc
City: Durham
Model: Adventure

Post by Rockbyter » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 pm

I don't get buffeting, I am 6' with 31" inseam. Screen on highest gives the least wind noise from my Nolan N90. My only real dislike is the vibrations in the bars at 6k rpm. The right hand mirror becomes almost a blur. Do they all do this or not? Just got first service done and ticked over 630 miles so shift light is no longer such a nuisance. Quick shift is not as smooth as I expected when going down the gears but is ok going up. Power is just incredible.

petertvedberke
50cc
50cc
City: Aalborg

Post by petertvedberke » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:46 am

Hi, I have buffeting as well (6'3"), so expect to buy aftermarket one soon. Peter - 1290SAS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk