nlovie
250cc
250cc
City: Huntly
Year: 2009
Model: Adventure

Re: newbe intro

Post by nlovie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:41 pm

well things are definitely heading in the right direction - you really can have your cake and eat it 8-)
i'm using a map kindly posted by someone that's available on the tuneECU sight as my base map - it was set up on the dyno in the States
It seems to be tuned on the F table and a touch of ignition tweaking - the F/L switch - is switched off above 2k rpm which is interesting in that it is richer in the F map compared to the KTM R map yet my mpg is dramatically improved and I think i'm a tad on the lean side at full throttle above 7K ish - its close though i.e. fine tuning - I can only presume from this that the L table has an effect of enriching the F table - TBC
but whats it like ?
well I didn't like it initially where it has the 2nd throttles at 100%, coupled with an open ITG filter - low to midrange open throttle made loads of induction noise - a typical V twin power pulse shudder but not a magical increase in mph, so I added in the std 2nd throttle table for the R map - and ? - lovely worth a 8-) 8-) smoother pick up, more willing to rev. and now a sweet induction noise versus a racket
I have near perfect throttle response any time any place - in fact so nice I have now gone back to a 17 tooth front sprocket and enjoying chugging around the 4 to 6K where before I was always wary of opening the throttle here
Performance is there, ok maybe not as sledge hammer as the R map but i'm generally using a higher gear all round ( i'm not chasing the last few Krpm - if I was i'd be riding a different KTM)
and MPG ?? - well at my typical 75mph to 90 mph - odd 105 to 115 squirt using 95ron fuel i'm seeing 43 to 46 mpg over 4 tanks now - so yip - i've got a nice cake - and it tastes lovely :lol:

oh - another thing - spent a bit of time getting the throttle cables - just right! - not so simple on these things until you sort it out via tuneECU - anyway this has added a lot to the nice feel of things

oh - promise one last thing :) went out with my sons Honda VFR750 last weekend - what :o how do I ride this bloomin thing - been riding sports bikes for 30yrs yet get used to the Adventure and even something like a VFR sports tourer feels alien - silly riding position, silly narrow bars, no fwd view - and why will this thing not go around a corner ?? :lol: re calibrate brain

nlovie
250cc
250cc
City: Huntly
Year: 2009
Model: Adventure

Re: newbe intro

Post by nlovie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:44 am

been a while - nothing new though - just a nice bike with a nice ECU tune that's as smooth and torquey as I could wish for - still averaging around 45 mpg with a cruising speed around 80 to 85mph
Still get the random weave around 100mph, decided its totally dependant on the weather :lol: go on the same road in one direction = it doesn't happen - turn around and go the other way - it does
Its not wind - wind direction - although it probably contributes
its not road camber - A road or dual carriageway - but only on select bits - probably contributes
its not tyre pressure / tyre wear / steering head bearings / suspension etc.. - yea they all contribute - so when the stars align and the right combo of things occur - it happens - hayho

done a wee bit of forest road riding, nothing nasty just a bit of loose gravel (using the conti trail attack tyres with the pressure dropped to around 20 psi) - perfectly manageable - however I would go back to the 16 tooth sprocket if I was doing more

overall - still enjoying the pleasure