JackRabbitSlim
125cc
125cc
City: Rogers
Year: 2010
Colour: Black

Ohlins rear

Post by JackRabbitSlim » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Thinking about fitting an Ohlins rear on the 2017. Looking for more adjustability since I am 200lbs. Has anyone fitted the Ohlins ... looking for pro / cons or any advice on suspension. Ride mainly aggressive street with half dozen track days or so. Any advice would be appreciated before I spend the bucks. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daniro
250cc
250cc
City: Dubai
Year: 2016

Re: Ohlins rear

Post by Daniro » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Don't waste money. If you are not racing it just set up the sag with some good suspension tech and you will be fine. I'm 110 kgs, had my sag set up by Gary Reynders, google the guy, he worked with Pedrosa, Dovi etc, now he's a crew chief for a world supersport team. He said that rear suspension on SD for what I do, two track days every month, is more than ok, he set it up so sweet that it handles like completely different bike. (Front on the other hand is different story regarding adjustability) Im pretty sure we are not reaching the limit of the rear shock :) Just get it set up for your weight and you should be fine.
KTM all the way! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

JackRabbitSlim
125cc
125cc
City: Rogers
Year: 2010

Post by JackRabbitSlim » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Daniro wrote:Don't waste money. If you are not racing it just set up the sag with some good suspension tech and you will be fine. I'm 110 kgs, had my sag set up by Gary Reynders, google the guy, he worked with Pedrosa, Dovi etc, now he's a crew chief for a world supersport team. He said that rear suspension on SD for what I do, two track days every month, is more than ok, he set it up so sweet that it handles like completely different bike. (Front on the other hand is different story regarding adjustability) Im pretty sure we are not reaching the limit of the rear shock :) Just get it set up for your weight and you should be fine.
Thanks for the feedback . Will the stock rear shock max out with a 200lb + guy . Did you respiring the stock rear ? Thanks very helpful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daniro
250cc
250cc
City: Dubai
Year: 2016

Post by Daniro » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:05 pm

No bro, I never pushed it to the limits even tho i ride on the track. I mean the bike is not meant to be ridden over bumps after all. As long as you ride it on tarmac roads you will be ok :)
KTM all the way! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: