michaelnel
Supporter
Supporter
City: Angels Camp, CA
Year: 2016
Colour: Black & Orange

Rotobox Boost Carbon Fiber Wheels

Post by michaelnel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Yesterday I installed a set of RotoBox Boost Carbon Fiber wheels on my 2016 SDR. Also installed Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires and the PP Galfer wave rotors with EBC sintered pads. They were easy to mount without damage using my No-Mar Classic changer. I also balanced the front & rear. Didn't get a chance to get good pictures, will do that on my ride today.

The difference with the CF wheels... it feels like a mountain bike with 180hp. It does EVERYTHING better... acceleration, braking, turn-in, suspension... it all works better. Traction control is going to be a must for me with these wheels as it is much easier to break them loose and spin them up both on corner exits and straight line hard acceleration.

They are a pricey upgrade, but I think it is worth it if you can squeeze out the money. Here are some crappy flash pics for now. Note that the flash really makes the cf weave stand out way more than normal light does.

Galleta
125cc
125cc
City: Albuquerque
Year: 2015

Re: Rotobox Boost Carbon Fiber Wheels

Post by Galleta » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 am

Beautiful! I think I like the look of these more than the BST wheels

michaelnel
Supporter
Supporter
City: Angels Camp, CA
Year: 2016
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by michaelnel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 am

The flash pictures make the cf weave stand out way more than in natural light. Took this picture this morning:

Fry
Supporter
Supporter
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Post by Fry » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:09 am

I like them.

I have a set of BST's, the performance difference from standard to CF in the rim Dept. is amazing. Admittedly I only rode with the stock wheel set for roughly 50 miles, but Dear God is this a Dirt bike (Or Mountain Bike) with 170+HP, its insane. I am slowly mastering the craft of riding this motorcycle on 1 wheel, the rear

chuckyboy
125cc
125cc
City: Manila
Year: 2017

Post by chuckyboy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:02 am

michaelnel wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

The difference with the CF wheels... it feels like a mountain bike with 180hp. It does EVERYTHING better...

Definitely my next upgrade. Thanks for sharing :-)