Steady Progress\Upgrades, Pics.

Fry
Supporter
Supporter
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Steady Progress\Upgrades, Pics.

Post by Fry » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:03 am

So, as mentioned in other posts I'm trying to get the bike running right, had the Akra map installed at dealer prior to full Exh going on, that caused driveability problems....With putting Half Austin Racing Exhaust on (Waiting on headers) I think I'm heading in the right direction. Due to rain I wasn't able to take a ride but the bike is Crisp when I whack it open on the stands. I need to Fire Sleeve the Rear O2 Sensor, make a relocation bracket and heat shield for the Rear Brake Resv., and am waiting for the AR Headers to come in, but things are moving forward.

Also added a few more items tonight.

Got rid of the hideous Plate Holder with a Yoshimura Unit, easy install.

A CustomLED Integrated Tail Light \Directional Unit. High quality, detailed directions, thoughtful design and inclusion of stock wiring harnesses.

Austin Racing Foldable, Fully adjustable levers. They fit very precisely, easy adjustability, drip of quality.

And the Austin Racing, Full Ti, Ceramic Coated, St Range High Mount Exh system. Still waiting on the headers. Spent a fucking boatload on this exhaust. From the brief start up tonight in my rather echoey basement I gotta say this might be too fucking loud. It looks amazing, well designed to a point (Tight tolerances to O2 Sensor wiring, Shock Resv and Swingarm) but boy does it BARK....Image

Karnage
125cc
125cc
City: Brisbane
Colour: Black

Re: Steady Progress\Upgrades, Pics.

Post by Karnage » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 am

Looks great! Wish I could lose my pillion pegs.

I'm trying to find an off the shelf plug for the Shock bolt hole in the swingarm, I'll let you know if I find one.

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:52 pm

I too wish I could loose the Passenger pegs, my GF will not allow it, hell its one reason I didn't seriously think about buying an H2, no Pass Pegs.

I'm awaiting a bracket from Austin that will allow the use of the Pass Pegs with the Hi Mount.

This is just temporary to see if the AR Exh helped my driveability issues. Haven't taken it out onto the road yet but starting it up on the stands it seems to rev quicker, and without breaking up?

Yes, Id be interested in that Swingarm Plug if you find one.

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:53 pm

I too wish I could loose the Passenger pegs, my GF will not allow it, hell its one reason I didn't seriously think about buying an H2, no Pass Pegs.

I'm awaiting a bracket from Austin that will allow the use of the Pass Pegs with the Hi Mount.

This is just temporary to see if the AR Exh helped my driveability issues. Haven't taken it out onto the road yet but starting it up on the stands it seems to rev quicker, and without breaking up?

Yes, Id be interested in that Swingarm Plug if you find one.

drkangel3991
125cc
125cc
City: Lake Villa
Year: 2014

Post by drkangel3991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Just an FYI, if you guys go onto Austin Racing's website, you will find in the drop down menu of the high slung exhausts their s/s passenger footrest bracket for 50 pound. It is available if you want to keep the gf/wife happy.

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:15 pm

drkangel3991 wrote:Just an FYI, if you guys go onto Austin Racing's website, you will find in the drop down menu of the high slung exhausts their s/s passenger footrest bracket for 50 pound. It is available if you want to keep the gf/wife happy.
Yeah, they sent me that....I was having a bit of a fulfillment issue with Austin\MotoMummy. The bracket works but to be fair, they redesigned their rear canister to use 1 bracket instead of the original 2...Having 1 bracket creates a fulcrum, hinge resulting in a lot of movement at the slip joint.

I'll be looking at Rotti's Dual set up when that's released.

drkangel3991
125cc
125cc
City: Lake Villa
Year: 2014

Post by drkangel3991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:40 pm

That makes no sense. Why would they change a working a design? Has to be cost savings in production or something because I've never read any issues with the original mounting style.

dukebadboy
500cc
500cc
City: London
Year: 2012

Post by dukebadboy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:47 am

Fry, great bike you have there.

Could you let me know the brand of your hand grips? They look nice.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:38 am

dukebadboy wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:47 am
Fry, great bike you have there.

Could you let me know the brand of your hand grips? They look nice.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk
STOCK OEM