Well, This happened (Updated)

Fry
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 am
Country: United States
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Re: Well, This happened (Updated)

Post by Fry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 pm

michaelnel wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:35 pm
OK. I don't like the way it looks. The lines do not mesh well with the lines of the motorcycle. It really has that "turd in a punchbowl" look to me.

I have not heard it in person but suspect it is way louder than I would want. I have the Akrapovic EVO system that is as loud as I could live with on a daily basis, and I much prefer the aesthetics of that design.

I am not impressed with their engineering, especially given what happened to your first system from them.
See, nothing wrong with saying that.

The AR stuff is loud, which is what I like, I want a bike to sound like a Hot Rod running Open Headers, the Akra full systems that I heard didn't really have the "Bark" when whacking it open, to me the Akra sounds a bit sewing machine like at idle whereas the AR lobes and burbles at idle, very aggressive and attention gathering.

I too am concerned with AR engineering but I'm being offered a fair deal on the Dual System which I don't have to take, they did offer a free replacement can with the older 2 bracket mounting system which I felt should have never been "Upgraded" to 1 mounting bracket, I was all prepared for a hassle in getting them to do anything about my situation but surprisingly the whole affair was rather pleasant, other than trying to retrieve the AR can in the middle of the road, LOL.

Updates to follow, I'm sending my whole AR kit back to them for inspection as well as so they can test fit the Dual System to my AR Ti Headers, supposedly there are some changes to the new headers and they want to make sure my headers work with the new Dual System. They're paying for shipping both ways and regardless of what they find on inspection I was told the discount on the new Dual System applies or the offer for a free replacement ST Range Hi Mount Can.

Lets see what happens during round 2....Now only if Rotti would release teaser images of their supposed Dual System that's in the works.

JDS1290SDr
675cc
675cc
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 am
Country: Canada
City: Edmonton
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Re: Well, This happened (Updated)

Post by JDS1290SDr » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:58 pm

crazyinp wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 am
Here is video walk around-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7fXnn4ZfU
I like it. Now if they could quiet it down a bit. (Utube videos don't give a real indication of how loud exhausts are.)
Id consider buying one. I do have the Hi-slung sitting in my garage. Image
Love the look, hate the noise.
PRESENT STABLE
2015 Black SDR
2010 450 SXF
2010 450 XC-W Six days
2010 Ducati Multistrada
2010 Victory Cross Country
PAST
Way to many to mention

Fry
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 am
Country: United States
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Re: Well, This happened (Updated)

Post by Fry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:17 pm

JDS1290SDr wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:58 pm
crazyinp wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 am
Here is video walk around-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7fXnn4ZfU
I like it. Now if they could quiet it down a bit. (Utube videos don't give a real indication of how loud exhausts are.)
Id consider buying one. I do have the Hi-slung sitting in my garage. Image
Love the look, hate the noise.
I love the noise, my neighbors and riding buddies stuck behind me hate the noise of my current Hi Slung....We'll see how the Duals sound in a few months when I take delivery of them.

crazyinp
675cc
675cc
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:00 am
Country: USA
City: San Jose
Year: 2015

Re: Well, This happened (Updated)

Post by crazyinp » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 pm

I thought you can buy DB for it? At least this is what AR website is advertising. I might consider one to replace my AKRA slip-on. But as you said it has to be as loud/quiet as my AKRA. Everything more than that is going to annoy me.
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

JDS1290SDr
675cc
675cc
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 am
Country: Canada
City: Edmonton
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Re: Well, This happened (Updated)

Post by JDS1290SDr » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 am

The DB killer for the Hi-Slung isn't much of a killer. I experimented a little & modified it. Had the noise down to where I could handle it. BUT. It was also a noticeable reduction in power.
I would think that the dual pipe could be toned down & muted a little & still give good exhaust flow.

Quieter doesn't attract the heat as much. Sucks when they can hear you coming a mile away. ;)
PRESENT STABLE
2015 Black SDR
2010 450 SXF
2010 450 XC-W Six days
2010 Ducati Multistrada
2010 Victory Cross Country
PAST
Way to many to mention

crazyinp
675cc
675cc
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:00 am
Country: USA
City: San Jose
Year: 2015

Re: Well, This happened (Updated)

Post by crazyinp » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:23 am

JDS1290SDr wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 am
The DB killer for the Hi-Slung isn't much of a killer. I experimented a little & modified it. Had the noise down to where I could handle it. BUT. It was also a noticeable reduction in power.
I would think that the dual pipe could be toned down & muted a little & still give good exhaust flow.

Quieter doesn't attract the heat as much. Sucks when they can hear you coming a mile away. ;)
I still want to talk to my neighbors ;)
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

Fry
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 am
Country: United States
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Re: Well, This happened (Updated)

Post by Fry » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:31 am

crazyinp wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 pm
I thought you can buy DB for it? At least this is what AR website is advertising. I might consider one to replace my AKRA slip-on. But as you said it has to be as loud/quiet as my AKRA. Everything more than that is going to annoy me.
Yes, the AR Hi Slung came with a DB insert, I never tried it out as I liked the noise and followed JDS1290SDr exploits.

I try to idle it out of driveway\garage when leaving and coming home, I try to be as respectful as possible, but I'm sure the "Yuppy" neighbors hate me, fuck them I was here before them. LOL.

Post Reply