Striff
250cc
250cc
City: Brisbane
Year: 2017

Comp Werkes - How to make quieter

Post by Striff » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:37 am

Hi All,

Fitted my Comp Werkes Exhaust, and even with the DB killer it's too loud, that I actually get a headache from riding to and from work (around 18kms which take 30 - 35 mins)

This is the decat (link pipe?)

And the muffler inside

The DB killer, doesn't make much difference, to be honest, and I can't see how it would as the diameter of it hugs the inside of the muffler, not really restricting anything.

So after advise or suggestions I want I can do.

I also used thermal type to cover up three-quarters of the DB killer from the end down and hasn't made to my ears any real difference to my ears...

I was thinking if modifying the DB killer with a smaller diameter piping, fewer holes and longer?

Or installing something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/51mm-Motorcy ... 1438.l2649 into the link pipe (this is too small though)

Other suggestions or opinions?

Striff
250cc
250cc
City: Brisbane
Year: 2017

Re: Comp Werkes - How to make quieter

Post by Striff » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Striff wrote:Hi All,

Fitted my Comp Werkes Exhaust, and even with the DB killer it's too loud, that I actually get a headache from riding to and from work (around 18kms which take 30 - 35 mins)

This is the decat (link pipe?)

And the muffler inside

The DB killer, doesn't make much difference, to be honest, and I can't see how it would as the diameter of it hugs the inside of the muffler, not really restricting anything.

So after advise or suggestions I want I can do.

I also used thermal type to cover up three-quarters of the DB killer from the end down and hasn't made to my ears any real difference to my ears...

I was thinking if modifying the DB killer with a smaller diameter piping, fewer holes and longer?

Or installing something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/51mm-Motorcy ... 1438.l2649 into the link pipe (this is too small though)

Other suggestions or opinions?
Just updating, modified the baffle but it robbed the top end power.

I actually love the sound of it, but because of my work hours and what I live I'm going to have to sell the exhaust.

I can't post currently in the for sale section, but if any one is interested in a bargain the exhaust is for sale.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk