Arrow Racetech slip on and De cat pipe review/experience?

Kcal
250cc
250cc
City: Newark
Year: 2017

Arrow Racetech slip on and De cat pipe review/experience?

Post by Kcal » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:00 pm

Long story short went from stock (too quiet and lawnmower) to stock cat with Akra slip on (great sound but little quiet) to Oopart compact side exit de cat (shake the house - annoy the neighbors loud, necessitates ear protection on every ride even the shortest, perfect visually)

I’m going back to a more traditional exhaust but stumbled on a very affordable Arrow ti end can and de cat mid pipe.

Warbaby I think has the set up but has anyone else reviewed or have experience with this system? Will I still need Rotti air box, PCV and a tune? Is it annoy the neighbors, wear ear plugs or bleed, or cause significant power loss?

2017 R with the Rotti flapper delete servo thingy that fools the bike on servo check that it’s still installed.

clamacious
50cc
50cc
City: Calgary
Year: 2017
Colour: Black

Re: Arrow Racetech slip on and De cat pipe review/experience?

Post by clamacious » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:29 pm

No one seems to be responding so perhaps these videos will help. First one is stock muffler (which is actually a straight thru if you inspect it with a flashlight) and the Arrows decat mid pipe, second one is with an Akra slip on and the Arrows mid pipe. His comment in the first video was that the oem muffler with the Arrows decat was quieter than the Akra slip on/Arrows combo. The Arrows slip on should fall somewhere close to the Akra sound but that's just a wag.

Also, if you go to a Rottweiler airbox and eliminate the stock cat/resonator you'll want to at least have the KTM Akra tune loaded to richen up the fueling. I believe it also suppresses the no exhaust valve error that you would otherwise get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryjmTwxSYzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv27EwoNbRY