power loss during riding

Squeaky back brake? Hard to control at 30mph/40kph?
MaLy_OLS
125cc
125cc
City: Olsztyn
Year: 2009

power loss during riding

Post by MaLy_OLS » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:54 am

Hi,
I have map#20 and all mods like it should be.
My problem is that during riding and mostly during acceleration ktm sometimes ( 6-7 times for 400km - last trip)
lost all power, like when i fast close the throttle and brake (i don't have the second throttles). It looks like engine stalls. FI is flashing, clocks are working and after 2-3 second everything goes ok. There is no error in ecu after riding. In tuneecu all parameters are ok. I took out the spark plugs and they are ok (i'll replace them). How to check ignition coils? I think it's some electrical equipment problem but i don't know where, which sensor or wire (tuneecu doesn't help :( ). Do you have some suggestions? I've checked all connection to ecu, to engine sensors and to ignition coils. I also checked and tightened the battery clamps.
I'm a little afraid to ride with this problem. If it's happen during cornering i could have troubles.

nrvous
250cc
250cc
City: Tallinn
Year: 2011
Colour: White
Model: SMT

Re: power loss during riding

Post by nrvous » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:36 am

MaLy_OLS wrote:Hi,
I have map#20 and all mods like it should be.
My problem is that during riding and mostly during acceleration ktm sometimes ( 6-7 times for 400km - last trip)
lost all power, like when i fast close the throttle and brake (i don't have the second throttles). It looks like engine stalls. FI is flashing, clocks are working and after 2-3 second everything goes ok. There is no error in ecu after riding. In tuneecu all parameters are ok. I took out the spark plugs and they are ok (i'll replace them). How to check ignition coils? I think it's some electrical equipment problem but i don't know where, which sensor or wire (tuneecu doesn't help :( ). Do you have some suggestions? I've checked all connection to ecu, to engine sensors and to ignition coils. I also checked and tightened the battery clamps.
I'm a little afraid to ride with this problem. If it's happen during cornering i could have troubles.
I had something similar just recently (except no FI light) and it was malfunctioning TPS sensor -> http://youtu.be/G3XcJu_MdpE

MaLy_OLS
125cc
125cc
City: Olsztyn
Year: 2009

Re: power loss during riding

Post by MaLy_OLS » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:23 am

Hi,
thanks for reply,
I checked TPS in tuneecu and when ignition is on, engine off - tuneecu showed voltage fron 0,55V t (0%)o 3,79V (98%) and it's looks fine. But when ignition on and engine works Tuneecu showed voltage 0,55V (0% - idling speed) to 1,3 V (full throttle) Is it normal that when engine works - TPS Voltage is lower? I think it should be the same 0,55-3,8V. Tunnecu have a scale on TPS indicator 0V- 1,2V, and i'm confused.
Could someone check what are the TPS voltages in tuneecu when engine works?