f1 light on start up

Squeaky back brake? Hard to control at 30mph/40kph?
Peterk
125cc
125cc
City: Wexford
Year: 2008
Colour: Black
Model: SMT

f1 light on start up

Post by Peterk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 am

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help on a problem i am having: when i started the bike this morning it missed on one cylinder and fired on the other and the f1 light came on. Once it fired on both the f1 light went away. This happened last monday but that timt it cranked, didnt fire and the f1 light came on, cranked it again, it fired and light went off

any ideas?

kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Re: f1 light on start up

Post by kevxtx » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 am

Could be any thing from corroded big grey connector terminals, to a fault map sensor, what faults are logged in the ECU?

Nickhk
500cc
500cc
City: Hong Kong
Year: 2009

Post by Nickhk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Seen it do this when the battery is low ... usually after a period of inactivity and it takes a few turns to get going.

Which doesn't mean that something else is wrong with mine but it goes away after a couple of normal runs.

Nick

Peterk
125cc
125cc

Post by Peterk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I dont have the means to scan it at the moment. I assume i can scan it with tune ecu? The light isnt flashing it almost seems like to me there is a drop in fuel pressure or something like that.

I have read somewhere that it could be down to a bad fuel filter.

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Get yourself a Tune ECU cable, there should be a fault logged in memory if the light came on.

Peterk
125cc
125cc

Post by Peterk » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:39 pm

i have ordered one, i will let you know what the scan says

990Mongrel
250cc
250cc
City: wingham
Year: 2010
Colour: White

Post by 990Mongrel » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:02 pm

kevxtx wrote:Get yourself a Tune ECU cable, there should be a fault logged in memory if the light came on.
Tune ECU is a ripoff from Tune Boy.A kiwi gentleman by the name of Wayne who has put a massive about of time,money and life into developing a fabulous product,only for a bunch of french fucking cunts to to steel it and it makes me sick to see how all the KTM forums around the globes support it because it's free.Why should we get something for free when someone has spent so much time developing a product which benefits us all.TuneBoy 2015 is so far ahead of ecu now that you should actually pay for the latest product like you do for your mobile phone and computer.

K

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:55 am

990Mongrel wrote:
kevxtx wrote:Get yourself a Tune ECU cable, there should be a fault logged in memory if the light came on.
Tune ECU is a ripoff from Tune Boy.A kiwi gentleman by the name of Wayne who has put a massive about of time,money and life into developing a fabulous product,only for a bunch of french fucking cunts to to steel it and it makes me sick to see how all the KTM forums around the globes support it because it's free.Why should we get something for free when someone has spent so much time developing a product which benefits us all.TuneBoy 2015 is so far ahead of ecu now that you should actually pay for the latest product like you do for your mobile phone and computer.

K
Wayne is more than welcome to post the details of his product to this forum, if he is unable to feel free to post Wayne's details & where everyone can buy the program & cable from.

Peterk
125cc
125cc

Post by Peterk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:58 pm

990Mongrel wrote:

K
I don't really see how tune ecu is a rip off given that you can download it for free. The cable i bought was £20 and it works fine with my bike.

Given the fact that all the maps on this site are supported by tune ecu and there is huge support for it. Do you have proof of what you are claiming?

Also you're use of profanity and foul language does not provoke faith in your claim.

Tune ecu enabled me to diagnose my bike. To upload a tried and tested map.

This Wayne person... If his software is being used/ stolen surely why hasn't he made a outcry on all the public forums?

I had a quick look on their website. You want me to spend $500 on the same thing that cost me £20?

Peterk
125cc
125cc

Post by Peterk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Got the cable, ran a dianostic. poor connection on the air pressure sensor. i will sort it when i change the air box

ogden
City: London
Year: 2011

Post by ogden » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Peterk wrote:
990Mongrel wrote:Tune ECU is a ripoff from Tune Boy.A kiwi gentleman by the name of Wayne who has put a massive about of time,money and life into developing a fabulous product,only for a bunch of french fucking cunts to to steel it and it makes me sick to see how all the KTM forums around the globes support it because it's free.Why should we get something for free when someone has spent so much time developing a product which benefits us all.TuneBoy 2015 is so far ahead of ecu now that you should actually pay for the latest product like you do for your mobile phone and computer.
I don't really see how tune ecu is a rip off given that you can download it for free.
He meant ripoff of, not from.

If Wayne released the code under a commercial licence and it was repackaged as a freebie, then he has grounds to sue. If he released binaries and someone else produced a product that did exactly the same thing, from scratch, and released it as a freebie, then he's going to have to suck it up.
ogden
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7

https://storify.com/eldaifo/istanbul-and-back

990Mongrel
250cc
250cc
City: wingham
Year: 2010
Colour: White

Post by 990Mongrel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:45 pm

First of all I would like to apologise for my very bad language I used when I posted about Wayne's ripp off.It has been a bee in my bonnet for a long time and I just had to get it of my chest.I was rather intoxicated at the time which I know is no excuse but I was very embarrassed when I red what I sent.I broke the golden rule of do not post if you are pissed.The latest versions of Tuneboy have quite a few updates which are not on Tuneecu.

P