oberon clutch slave problems

Squeaky back brake? Hard to control at 30mph/40kph?
Buck49x
Supporter
Supporter
City: Zion
Year: 2015
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: SMT

oberon clutch slave problems

Post by Buck49x » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:07 pm

So I just replaced my clutch slave with the oberon one on my 2013 990 SMT. Seems like the bike wants to slightly creep with the clutch pulled all the way in. Wants to lunge a little bit when starting in gear. I wonder if I shouldnt try to out a shim behind the ball you put in the shaft. If someone else has experienced this let me know what you ended up doing. Bike also seems pretty hard to move in gear with the clutch pulled in and bike shut off. If someone would try to push their bike in gear with it off and clutch pulled in Id like to hear how hard it was to move. Please let me know. Thank you

budgesrsv
990cc
990cc
City: manchester
Year: 2011
Colour: Black

Re: oberon clutch slave problems

Post by budgesrsv » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Have you bled all the air out of the system and flushed new oil through ? Haven't had a problem with mine.

Nickhk
500cc
500cc
City: Hong Kong
Year: 2009

Post by Nickhk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:51 am

I think you'll find - based on my own experiences and from other postings here - that the bike is hard to move when in gear and the clutch is pulled in. "That's the way they are, Sir!", apparently!

I have the Oberon slave installed too - I tend to feel a bit of a jump forward when engaging gear and moving off but only the first time the gear is engaged after starting the bike up. I don't have any issues with the bike trying to creep forward when gear is engaged and the clutch is pulled in at other times ...

Hope that helps a little !

Nick

budgesrsv
990cc
990cc
City: manchester
Year: 2011
Colour: Black

Post by budgesrsv » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Nickhk wrote:I think you'll find - based on my own experiences and from other postings here - that the bike is hard to move when in gear and the clutch is pulled in. "That's the way they are, Sir!", apparently!

I have the Oberon slave installed too - I tend to feel a bit of a jump forward when engaging gear and moving off but only the first time the gear is engaged after starting the bike up. I don't have any issues with the bike trying to creep forward when gear is engaged and the clutch is pulled in at other times ...

Hope that helps a little !

Nick
I would agree with that it gets better once the engine oil has warmed up. I can start mine in gear with the clutch pulled once its warmed up and wheel it back and forward.

Buck49x
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Buck49x » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:28 am

OK I rode it for a bit today and it got way better. I hadnt rode in about three weeks. So I started to think maybe the clutch plates were kind of stuck together. I rode for about 30 miles and shut it off and tried to move it in gear with clutch pulled in and it was way better. Also didnt notice it creeping at all by the end of the ride. Seems it just needed to be ripped! I will say I put the ,5MM oil jet and the shifting seems to be so smooth. Thanks for all the input guys! :D

Buck49x
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Buck49x » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:47 am

IMG_1706.JPG

I must say I put some more orange and carbon on with the oberon slave and I am definitely am loving the look.

990Mongrel
250cc
250cc
City: wingham
Year: 2010
Colour: White

Post by 990Mongrel » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 pm

The .5mm oil jet is to big for road use.That size was made for serious off road and competition bikes and is harder to get from and into neutral.They even warn you about the problem when you buy that size jet.The original 950's came with a blank jet because Ktm engineers were'nt sure the clutch needed extra oil but had the jet setup there just in caseBut after off road competition they had clutch problems so the .3mm jet was a recall on all the 950's.As long as you regularly keep the standard .3mm unblocked you will have no problems.No need to pull the jet out.Go to a music/guitar shop and buy a small piece of spring steel guitar string that fits and push it through to clear.Cheers

Buck49x
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Buck49x » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:59 am

if you push whatever is plugging it up it will go right back into the jet plugging it up. I have not had too much trouble getting into neutral. The shifting feels more smooth. Doesnt seem too big to me. All I know is the clutch is getting more oil. Cant be a bad thing.