Daniro
125cc
125cc
City: Dubai
Year: 2016
Colour: Black

Oil temperature high!!!

Post by Daniro » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Guys I need quick help, had an issue today during the ride, my oil temperature went 140 degrees Celsius high, and when I checked coolant level, overflow tank was almost empty. Now this happened one day after I got my bike back from service. I had no warning on the dash, coolant temp was just fine, 4 bars as usual. I was riding it hard for about 20 min, maybe a bit more, had no strange vibrations from the engine but it sounded like it had old watery oil instead of fresh.

The dealer says that my radiator fans failed and that engine burned coolant, but tell me, how is it possible for fans to even star working when i was going average more than 150kmh on mountain roads with temperature of 27 degrees outside? All in all, I was hoping someone with better knowledge than me could tell me is there possibility for some serious damage to happen to the engine or i might be lucky? Bike is till under warranty tho.

Thanks guys
KTM all the way! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Daniro
125cc
125cc
City: Dubai
Year: 2016
Colour: Black

Re: Oil temperature high!!!

Post by Daniro » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 am

Just an update for someone who might have the same issue like me, apparently it was faulty oil tem sensor, at teh beginnging was reading super high temperature, at one point going over 150 degrees even. After I stopped the bike it started showing values going from 0 to 150 and back constantly. Techs from the factory confimed it as well. They say it's a common problem with SD
KTM all the way! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rkd
50cc
50cc
City: Orlando
Year: 2017
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by rkd » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 am

Mine went bad as well. Usually my bike runs at 170-180F during normal operation but the oil temp sensor would read 160F during normal operation, then a couple weeks later, 120F and after another couple weeks it was at 90F. Took it into the dealer as a warranty claim and its been fine so far

ilmothefinn
500cc
500cc
City: Pori
Year: 2014

Post by ilmothefinn » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:55 am

I had a faulty one too, replaced it as a warranty item but now, when warranty time is out the new one seems to show 10 deg celsius lower than real. No hope for goodwill at the dealer, it seems. Better always check these with an IR thermometer or like. New part is shamelessly expensive regarding the negative resistor might be a very common item and cheap itself... Might not affect fuel ratio if not in large scale faulty but...
Do like the others do, you end up being like the others, so... Never search appreciation. I learned that the one who is bullied/shunned/incarcerated is the one who is different and so also maybe somehow interesting.