jaroszadam7
125cc
125cc
City: Plainfield
Year: 2017

2017 Super duke 1290 R Maintenance/clutch

Post by jaroszadam7 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Hello Gents-

First post here on the forum... great setup here....
I have a 2017 superduke 1290 R, and have few questions about some maintenance items.... Unless it is an absolute must, I’d like to do the maintenance intervals by myself, but will likely run into sever roadblocks, I’d figure I ask here first...

Q1
I read though the manual and have not found anything maintenance related that refers to the clutch system.
Except for one item... “check/clean the oil nozzle for the clutch lubrication” page 117 of the owners manual. Can anyone shed some light on this point?

Q2
Does anyone know on how/where how often to do maintenance on the clutch system, oil, clean/check nozzle etc?

Q3
I often stumble to find the NEUTRAL position, especially when stoped. Having to shift several times to 1&2 before I get to Neutral. Has anyone run into this problem before? Any remedy’s.

Thank you for any remedies up front...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paul65
Supporter
Supporter
City: leeds

Re: 2017 Super duke 1290 R Maintenance/clutch

Post by paul65 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:29 pm

i have the same as Q3
i find it just takes a light touch
dont have a problem with a soft soled footwear

Spiff
Supporter
Supporter
City: Las Vegas
Year: 2010

Post by Spiff » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:12 am

I find neutral while still rolling, or fan the clutch just a bit when at a stand still.

Volvor
125cc
125cc
City: Ypsilanti

Post by Volvor » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 am

I started having trouble finding neutral at stop lights or in my driveway. I tried pumping the clutch handle thinking that maybe there was some air in the system, never helped. Then I thought maybe something was worn in the mechanism. But first I wanted to be sure of the hydraulics,( bike only has about 13k miles) its a 2015.
I got some magura blood, their name for mineral oil in our clutch hydraulics. I spent the better part of 2 hours flushing and bleeding the system. My clutch is now better than when I brought the bike home new! I suspect there was air in it from the beginning. I messed around along time trying to get it bled until I figured out there are 2 bleed screws. There is the one at the slave and one at the master. The one up top is TINY, but makes a huge difference. I bet if you flush the system with fresh fluid,get any air out, yours will be good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big tall dave
125cc
125cc
City: Nashville
Year: 2016

Post by big tall dave » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:54 am

Volvor wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 am
I started having trouble finding neutral at stop lights or in my driveway. I tried pumping the clutch handle thinking that maybe there was some air in the system, never helped. Then I thought maybe something was worn in the mechanism. But first I wanted to be sure of the hydraulics,( bike only has about 13k miles) its a 2015.
I got some magura blood, their name for mineral oil in our clutch hydraulics. I spent the better part of 2 hours flushing and bleeding the system. My clutch is now better than when I brought the bike home new! I suspect there was air in it from the beginning. I messed around along time trying to get it bled until I figured out there are 2 bleed screws. There is the one at the slave and one at the master. The one up top is TINY, but makes a huge difference. I bet if you flush the system with fresh fluid,get any air out, yours will be good too.

^^^Same with my 2016 (DOT 4 though). I bled the crap out of both upper and lower bleed screws and definitely put more through it than just doing a straight up fluid change. Made a huge difference with mine too.