Ordnance83
50cc
50cc
City: WHYALLA
Year: 2017
Colour: Black

bogging

Post by Ordnance83 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi all, ive got a 2017 sdr, full akro system with tune, quickshifter etc.
Went to the track for the first time on it and noticed after hard breaking coming out of a hairpin turn the bike hesitated on throttle for a second then launched into life.
Im thinking maybe a gear lower may have helped, i had the traction control set at 8 so maybe this, but has anyone else experienced the same issue?
Cheers

Spiff
Supporter
Supporter
City: Las Vegas
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: bogging

Post by Spiff » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 am

I would start with the traction control. The TC seems very invasive at the higher levels.

5150 Pops
Supporter
Supporter
City: NORTH CHESTERFIELD
Year: 2015

Post by 5150 Pops » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:38 am

Agree with Spiff.
Especially if you dialed up the traction control to +8 from it's standard setting.
Go the other direction -8 or simply turn it off.

I wasn't setting the track on fire by any means, but I turned mine off because I have a first gen bike, there is no other way to avoid too much intervention.

I would strongly recommend turning the ABS to OFF while you are at a track day as well. Braking hard on the track to the extent the rear wheel may skim the ground, or the front may lock (momentarily - while still straight up and down) will cause the system to intervene and bleed off pressure, and you will be off track, before you know it. It is a scary as fuck feeling, having brake force, then feel the lever modulate in your hand, and you lose braking force for a moment.

IMO the abs system on any sportbike, sucks mule deer dick.

In a rainy, actual slick surface, cold surface, cold tires - it probably does an excellent job of aiding the rider to maintain control, everything else...not so much.

stephenmark19
125cc
125cc
City: Virginia Beach

Post by stephenmark19 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:50 am

that was a really entertaining reply. I must agree though. the tc intervening is annoying to say the least