aftrmarket rotors question

mrossk
500cc
500cc
City: santa fe
Year: 2015

aftrmarket rotors question

Post by mrossk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Hey everyone- Posted this on another forum as well, trying to educate myself. I'm researching aftermarket rotors. I like, but don't love the brakes on my bike, and maybe new rotors would help. Anyway, I noticed that the KTM Powerparts rotors are manufactured by Galfer, and Galfer, through their website, also sells a different version (the PP version is non directional and the one from Galfer is directional, and also like $50 more expensive). Anyone know if their are substantive differences between them? Just a marketing strategy? I emailed Galfer and received (though quickly) a complete non-answer. What about comparing them to the full floaters from Braketech? Any opinions are welcome. Thanks,
Michael

dukebadboy
500cc
500cc
City: London
Year: 2012

Re: aftrmarket rotors question

Post by dukebadboy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:45 am

I never tried Galfer, but I'm running Braketech Cobra SS.

Again, I didn't ride aggressive enough on OEM ones to make good comparison, but never had issues with Braketech. I'm using them with Ferodo SinterGrip ST. Although they don't have aggressive initial bite, as they are linear, but they do stop well.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

mrossk
500cc
500cc
City: santa fe
Year: 2015

Post by mrossk » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:49 pm

cool, thanks!

ridergary
125cc
125cc
City: eugene
Year: 2014
Colour: Black

Post by ridergary » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:13 pm

I finally grew tired of the warped, pulsating stock rotors that effect many 2014 SDR's and upgraded to the PP Galfer rotors and new Galfer pads. Very happy I did. No more pulsating, no more noise, good feel and stopping power. I was considering the Braketech rotors also and I feel they would be a great choice, but the PP Galfer's were almost half the cost. I'd say go ahead and upgrade your rotor's AND PAD's with what you can afford and you'll be happy with the results. I doubt there's much difference between the PP Galfer's and the exclusive Galfer's.