50cc
City: Taipei
Year: 2018

Re: 1290 Suspension

Post by IrvineKwang » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:28 am

mochilo123 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:11 pm
Just leaving this here

Hi, I'm trying to fit that FGK212 cartridge into OEM fork, But top cap thread sees too big, did you machine down the thread size? any modification tips? Thank you!!

GoGo
125cc
125cc
City: Palo Alto
Year: 2018
Colour: Black

Re: 1290 Suspension

Post by GoGo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:46 am

I'm 6' 2" tall and weigh @205 right now.

REAR: I have the Ohlins TTX GP shock with a 190 spring. I lied about my weight to the girl at Ohlins. I told her the weight I hoped to be by race day rather than the weight I would actually be by race day. That caused some issues once out there. Too soft and way too much movement. Now I'm on the 190 and the bike has much better balance. Stable, driveable, predictable.

FRONT: GP Suspension is a relatively new company out here in California. I've known them, and used their fork cartridge kits since day one. Generation-1 (three years ago) were a "one step forward two steps back" deal, but credit to them they recognized a different path and quickly changed everything to go in a better direction. Generation-2, what they make today, are exceptional. I raced last weekend feeling better and more confident in the forks beneath me than I have in over a decade. Where I hesitated before, I go effortlessly now. Stable on the brakes, excellent feedback, and measurable differences in settings. Unlike some Ohlins forks I have used in the past, where four clicks in either direction are barely noticeable, these cartridges make actual sense. And they come with extenders automatically, so if you want more trail you can simply push the forks down and there you go. Really exceptional and very affordable.