5150 Pops
Supporter
Supporter
City: NORTH CHESTERFIELD
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Re: 1290 Power Commander V Custom maps

Post by 5150 Pops » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:36 pm

GTR27 wrote:I'm picking up a new 2015 SDR - was going to ask the dealer to load the akra map for me for the short (10 -15 min) ride home as I will have a de cat with austin racing GP3 / GP1R belly exit exhaust waiting at home for fitment (and dont want to make 2 trips lol).

Reckon they will do it? Surely it's just richer so will just eat more fuel on the way (on the very short ride) but be "safe" so to speak.
Yes that would be a great idea, in the interest of time management.
As long as after you install your exhaust, the very next time you start your bike after installation is complete, don't just ride it "around the block" go for a nice 30 minute minimum ride through all engine rpm ranges as possible and engine loads.
Unplugging the battery would not be necessary to reset the ECU because you would have only ridden the bike once with the Akra map and stock exhaust, so minimal adaptations data would be stored on your ride home, AND what is would quickly overwritten by a ride in conditions I mentioned above. The bike will continue to get better and better as you continue your break-in. Mile 1000 will seem like a completely different bike than mile 15.

Just be more patient than @Fry.

GTR27
Supporter
Supporter
City: Brisbane
Year: 2016

Post by GTR27 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Thanks for the reply guys I'll call the dealer and get them to do that for me. Is the KTM rear stand a quality unit? Need to get a SSSA stand for the chain so figured why not get the factory one

Adoligy69
250cc
250cc
City: Gold Coast
Year: 2017

Post by Adoligy69 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:04 am

GTR27 wrote:Thanks for the reply guys I'll call the dealer and get them to do that for me. Is the KTM rear stand a quality unit? Need to get a SSSA stand for the chain so figured why not get the factory one
Buy your self an Anderson stand ....they have a space saver one as well that i have its a top piece of kit from an Australian company

Newbusa
125cc
125cc
City: Qualicum100
Year: 2010

Post by Newbusa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:45 am

Got a 1290 GT with a Rottweiler intake and 80mm stacks with stock exhaust. Recently purchased a Power Commander5 and while browsing the internet could not find a map close to my mods, so decided to load the 1290 GT Euro map for stock exhaust and pipe. I've been running with the stock Ktm map for 4 k now and it seems to run fine so figured the Euro map from Dynojets site downloaded to the Pvc would be close to the same. I will be getting the bike Dyno tuned shortly in the future.
Am I wrong in assuming this map will be okay in my Canadian model 1290 GT till then?

GTR27
Supporter
Supporter
City: Brisbane
Year: 2016

Post by GTR27 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:52 am

Exhaust now looking like a week or so extra. Do you reckon it will be ok to ride with akra map stock, them just pull battery when I put exhaust on to reset learnings? Or will I need to get it flashed again?

Would suck to have to leave it alone for a week and a bit

EDIT: Fuck that. I'm just riding it around now. Hopefully I can just pop the battery for 20 mins when new exhaust arrives and it will fix it, or i'll just get them to re-flash the akra map at first service (and perform the reset/wipe proceedure)

martinm
125cc
125cc
City: leicester
Year: 2015
Model: SMT

Post by martinm » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 pm

sorry if i have missed it somewhere but did a map of staggers bike with the ignition module ever get shared on here. or any details of the ignition adjustments.?. there are a couple of maps with the ignition module on here but the amount of ignition is quite different between them. i know lots of factors come in to it but the power curves for staggers bike were impressive and trying to decide whether to add the ignition module to my pcv. thanks.